PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steeler fan getting punched right behind me at last nights game

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made a value judgment when you asked him if he helped out the police. You just did so again when you said "slugger hero" (which you pulled out of thin air for reasons known only to you) which doesn't come close to anything B2M said. In fact, he didn't state an opinion other than it was "crazy for opposing fans."

In the last hour, I've now learned that I shouldn't a) have an opinion about anyone I don't personally know, and b) relate any story in which there may be some objectionable behavior, even if I don't condone said behavior.

Any more rules, and I'll have to start writing them down.

No rules Fixit...it's just that we are discussing one or two idiots involved in an incident that has zero value.

Once again, why don't YOU tell us why this WASN'T a stupid topic to bring up.

With any kind of luck the idiot who threw the punch will be relieved of his
tickets (or the owner of those seats) for the remainder of his life. Tolerating
this stupidity results in nothing good for the fan base or the ownership. I
further hope that the idiot is identified and the appropriate assault charges are
leveled against him and the hammer comes down as hard as possible on his
dumb ass.

I'll tell you my opinion of what's wrong with telling this story. What is the purpose of telling it? It's not interesting and NO ONE is psyched to hear a Steeler fan got punched.

And yet, here it is on Page 2.

I guess we just need stricter criteria for what threads should be posted. You seem to care a whole lot about what's worthy enough, so get crackin'.

No rules Fixit...it's just that we are discussing one or two idiots involved in an incident that has zero value.

Once again, why don't YOU tell us why this WASN'T a stupid topic to bring up.

Was it all that relevant? No.

Will I let it give me an ulcer? No.

I'm not all that into deconstructing a guy's story, filling in the blanks with what fits my particular agenda, and reaching a conclusion that he's an a-hole for what he saw, either.

Yeah. That's totally how I roll.

I also roll like this: :rolleyes:

Personally I'm proud to call myself a rat-fink. I will always stand up for the innocent guy and rat out the guilty. Anyone who's not a coward should do the same.

For the record, when the Jets were in town in 2000 a group of Pats fans were mercilessly taunting this one guy and his little son for the sin of wearing Chrebet jerseys. It got pretty bad, so my friends and I (it was part of my bachelor party) got involved and got in their faces. No punches were thrown, but the message was clear: "Back off."

So screw the holier-than-thou attitude that this rather innocuous thread has spawned.

Was it all that relevant? No.

Will I let it give me an ulcer? No.

I'm not all that into deconstructing a guy's story, filling in the blanks with what fits my particular agenda, and reaching a conclusion that he's an a-hole for what he saw, either.

Look fixit...the fight was stupid, that's a FACT not opinion. If I see something I feel is wrong, I speak my mind. Discussing or even worse, posting an entire thread on a fight someone witnessed is also stupid. If that's condescending to you, eat it. I really don't care.

Personally I'm proud to call myself a rat-fink. I will always stand up for the innocent guy and rat out the guilty. Anyone who's not a coward should do the same.

You're right. I have no courage. Maybe the wizard can help me.

Self-aggrandizement is a stinky cologne.

i was in sec 121 row 9 and there was a steeler fan behind me. everyone was giving him ****. The play where moss dropped it, threw it back to brady and then TD to gaffney, a pats fan 5 rows up jumped down the seats and punched him in the head. he was rip **** saying all this **** about pats fans. finally the police came and kicked the guy out...crazy out there for opposing fans

Question... was the Steelers fan minding his own business, cheering on his team at the appropriate times, and not talking sh!t about the Patriots and the fans OR was acting like a jackass telling everyone around him how much better the Steelers are? If he was acting like the latter then I have little sympathy for him.

For the record, when the Jets were in town in 2000 a group of Pats fans were mercilessly taunting this one guy and his little son for the sin of wearing Chrebet jerseys. It got pretty bad, so my friends and I (it was part of my bachelor party) got involved and got in their faces. No punches were thrown, but the message was clear: "Back off."

So screw the holier-than-thou attitude that this rather innocuous thread has spawned.

Now this incident would be worth posting a thread about. Witnessing something like what you and your buddies did is a great human interest story.

Look fixit...the fight was stupid, that's a FACT not opinion. If I see something I feel is wrong, I speak my mind. Discussing or even worse, posting an entire thread on a fight someone witnessed is also stupid. If that's condescending to you, eat it. I really don't care.

How does one post an "entire" thread? Isn't it just one post? It becomes a "thread" when people, several of whom (curiously enough) went out of their way to express their displeasure with said thread, continue to post how it is an abomination that should not exist.

I'm not sure why Fixit and the OP are getting heat here. The only people who should be getting heat are the meatheads who started the fight.

Anecdotes are the reason I come here. Doesn't mean each one comes with a value judgement.

nice use of image creating prose! I like that!

good, glad to see we might be getting our Schaeffer/Sullivan Stadium swagger back
NOT good. Football is entertainment - not religion or war. Let's remember that and be respectful to fans of other teams.

We're all getting away from what's truly important: my impending 2,000th post.

How does one post an "entire" thread? Isn't it just one post? It becomes a "thread" when people, several of whom (curiously enough) went out of their way to express their displeasure with said thread, continue to post how it is an abomination that should not exist.

Starting a thread...posting a thread...now who's getting condescending?

The reality here is that you & I are discussing the only topics related to fighting worth talking about.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why Fixit and the OP are getting heat here. The only people who should be getting heat are the meatheads who started the fight.

Anecdotes are the reason I come here. Doesn't mean each one comes with a value judgement.

If someone witnesses a crime and keeps quiet allowing the wrong person to be taken away by the police, that's OK?

I didn't give heat to the original poster. Maybe he spoke up and told his account (as written here) to the police who came (and perhaps they didn't want to hear it). I merely asked if he stood up and told the police what he saw with his own eyes or did he just laugh it off. Maybe he did the former. In that case, I admire him for it.

We're all getting away from what's truly important: my impending 2,000th post.

Congrats, if you make it that far. :)

Yes, I'm just trying to be funny.

I do want to know how the Steeler fan was acting, under no circumstance does it deserve a sucker punch, but was he screaming at a baby or kicking a puppy, or was he reading the bible in a Bradshaw throwback and got popped?

Last edited:
The reality here is that you & I are discussing the only topics related to fighting worth talking about.

How to rip a man's heart out and show it to him before he dies?

Wow, what is your problem, were you the puncher :confused:
Seriously this guy posts this stupid story for no apparent reason other than to say "Wow Gillette is a scary place for opposing fans now", which as Pats fans makes us angry, because we don't want people to fear physical violence when they come to our stadium. And you have to start calling people "holier than thou" and telling us we are all too moralistic? Last I checked this is a messageboard and we are all here to write our opinions on topics that are brought up, and it seems like 99% of the posters don't condone the idea of Pats fans punching opposing fans at our games, it's not that hard to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back