PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Squealers' Coach Tomlin Cheats to Prevent TD

Referee Clete Blakeman strikes again with a blatant non call. I really hope we don't see this guy in the playoffs.

OT: Squealers' Coach Tomlin Cheats to Prevent TD

Referee Clete Blakeman strikes again with a blatant non call. I really hope we don't see this guy in the playoffs.

Watch, he will probably be in the Super Bowl.

1 thing the pats have to count on, we won't get some blatant calls. Going forward, we are gonna need a TD or more lead on a team in the 4th quarter.

He should be ashamed to show his face after some of the ticky tack sh$t they called PI last night night, after picking up the flag on Carolina the week before. Last night was just more proof that he or one of his crew was fixed for the Panthers game.

Peter King's take:

Re that return play affected by Tomlin: I expect he will be fined for interfering with the play on the field. It should have drawn a flag—an official trailing the play ran right by Tomlin, and certainly should have thrown a flag on him for being too far out on the six-foot-wide white stripe on the sideline, never mind being on the field with his right foot. (Technically, that white stripe should always be clear of players and coaches, but the NFL does an inconsistent job of keeping it clear. That has to change too.) It shouldn’t and won’t matter what Tomlin’s intent was. A coach cannot be on the field during the game at any time. This will certainly be a downgrade for the negligent official on Clete Blakeman’s crew. And for the integrity of the game, I think the league has to come down significantly on Tomlin. It’s clear that Jones veered slightly to avoid contact with Tomlin, and it could very well have played into his being tackled by Cortez Allen of the Steelers instead of running for a touchdown. That cannot be tolerated.

So, just to check: Your take is that a generally intelligent head coach of a team kicking to one of the most dangerous returners in the game decided to decide to turn his head — his entire body — away from the play and somehow just happened to be standing on the white line and just happened to be looking up at the play live on the jumbotron and just happened to drift toward the returner's path as he approach him?

To borrow a line from the Patriots Haters toolkit: "If it didn't help, why was he doing it?"

Looked intentional to me for a couple of reasons.

First I find it extremely difficult to believe that coach had his backed turned during a kick off. Wouldn’t he at least be watching the play if he is standing on the sidelines?

He looked behind his shoulder and then moved, he obviously knew the guy was coming so he moved at the last second.

They need to fine him for this. It would be Armageddon for the pats if BB did this.

Did the replacement refs take over again? Sure seems that way

I despise just about everything to do with the Steelers, but I have a hard time believing this was intentional and it's an enormous stretch to call it "cheating".

Still should have been a flag, and even a TD awarded. League will probably hit him with a well deserved fine. You can't have guys wandering around like that and not paying attention to where they're standing.

watch this gif of him right after the play happened and tell me you think he didn't know exactly what he was doing.

SMIL2.gif

he had his back to the play and was watching it on the Jumbotron. Who doesn't watch a play as it goes within feet of them?

OT: Squealers' Coach Tomlin Cheats to Prevent TD

Slowly finding out that the regular refs are pretty much just as bad.

watch this gif of him right after the play happened and tell me you think he didn't know exactly what he was doing.

SMIL2.gif

he had his back to the play and was watching it on the Jumbotron. Who doesn't watch a play as it goes within feet of them?

Looks familiar ...

tumblr_mcr9cnr5FK1rjkhayo1_500.gif

That irritated me big time, no worries it's "good ole Mike Tomlin". Screw that fine his azz, he couldn't have been more obvious.

Tomlin explained the play after the game: "I always watch the returns on the Jumbotron; it provides a better perspective for me. Obviously, I lost my placement as he broke free, and saw at the last second how close I was to the field of play."

BULLs@#T!!!!

Thats the first time I've ever seen him smile. Cheating and getting away with it, sure make ppl happy

SMIL2.gif

Nope, I still don't buy it. I see a coach that looked embarrassed about what happened and not a coach that was laughing because he got away with something. Don't see a reason to not take Tomlin at his word.

And this is coming from a die hard Steeler hater.

Perfectly understandable that we'd love to start dishing out the crap that we've taken from other teams fans and the media over the past few years...especially that team and their fans...but it's a big stretch of credibility to use this as a reason to do so.

So he looked over his shoulder 'surprised :eek:' to see Jacoby there and took a step toward him instead of away from him.

One of the most blatant examples of flat out cheating that I can remember. 100 times worse than the Jets debacle.

If Stonehands Sanders catches that 2 point conversion that could very well have been the deciding play in a game with playoff repercussions.

Rest of the season suspension, loss of draft picks, and somebody wiping that smirk off of his face. I'm sure that tape would look real good during his appeal.

Nope, I still don't buy it. I see a coach that looked embarrassed about what happened and not a coach that was laughing because he got away with something. Don't see a reason to not take Tomlin at his word.

Perfectly understandable that we'd love to start dishing out the crap that we've taken from other teams fans and the media over the past few years...especially that team and their fans...but it's a big stretch of credibility to use this as a reason to do so.

So he just happened to step onto the field instead of away from it. Yeah that sounds likely. That was 100% on purpose.

Did they even ask him about this in the post-game presser?

And yes if this was BB there would be a nation wide uproar and Goodell would already have released a statement.

And you must have Asperger's Syndrome if you think that expression represents 'embarrassed'.

It was so intentional, he even steps further onto the field as Jacoby gets closer to throw him off his stride. Either way it should be a big fine, intentional or just totally dense to the point of endangering others.

Of course he's not going to say "Yeah, I just thought I trip him up a bit" lol

Blakeman and his crew are clearly not an upgrade over the replacement refs.

They also could learn a lot from my use of the word "clearly."

I have no agenda here, I may not like the Steelers but I've have always thought Tomlin was a good guy. It looked very intentional to me, personally, screw him and his excuse.

Totally intentional, worthy if a 15yd unsportsmanlike penalty and a fine.

I dont think it meets the "auto TD" muster since that rule is reserved for things like clear breakaway TDs when someone from the sideline interferes. We can argue if the Steeler would have caught Jones on his own or not, but that it is even arguable proves the point it wasnt a breakaway TD.

Regards,
Chris

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes