PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sports Illustrated: Is M. Faulk the EIC? [de-whined for the elitists]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not know that. Still, I don't deserve to be called a troll on every thread. I have done nothing wrong.
As others have said in this thread, time to grow a pair and let the cheap shots fall where they may. Rival fans automatically get labels when they visit, if you establish yourself as a regular and have a thick enough skin to live through the inevitable hazing you'll be recognized as one of the oddballs who actually visit to discuss football. Occasional visitors who show up before a game get short shrift - tis the way o thee worlde.

sign-smiley-506.gif

Re: Sports Illustrated: Do they hate us too?

I agree. The entire sports media world has been under the desk of Bill Belichick for the better part of 5 years now.
Take off your Bills hat for a moment and look at the coverage of Belichick objectively. He's the coach of a team that has won three super bowls this decade, so he's going to have more coverage by the media. Any other coach with his record would have far more positive press than what he has received, but many media members intensely dislike him. He doesn't give the sound bites that guys like Parcells does, he limits the access to players and other coaches, and he doesn't give them much to work with in his interviews. In other words, he makes the media's job harder when they need to come up with a column, and they hold that against him. The only reason their has been any praise at all is in spite of their personal feelings about Belichick, and getting past that and seeing the results on the field.

The first couple negative comments and you guys are up in arms. Sheesh.
Now this comment I agree with, there is a sizeable portion of Patriots fans that tend to over react to criticism. There is a reason for that reaction, though. In my opinion it is a result of the way the media, led by espn, went over the top in it's coverage of spygate with a witch hunt mentality - whipping the masses into a frenzy with wild speculation. If your favorite team had been the recipient of that type of biased reporting, more of your fan base would also be up in arms over every negative comment as well.

As others have said in this thread, time to grow a pair and let the cheap shots fall where they may. Rival fans automatically get labels when they visit, if you establish yourself as a regular and have a thick enough skin to live through the inevitable hazing you'll be recognized as one of the oddballs who actually visit to discuss football. Occasional visitors who show up before a game get short shrift - tis the way o thee worlde.

sign-smiley-506.gif

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm not looking to make enemies. Maybe some smack talk back and forth but nothing to extreme. One thing's for sure, It'll make for an interesting week come Monday. :)

I can't even read this thread, because the initial post was so wildly homertastic. Calling a player a DROY, then saying he is an upgrade over a guy who wasn't resigned is an insult to the guy who wasn't resigned?

Do you actually believe everything you type?

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm not looking to make enemies. Maybe some smack talk back and forth but nothing to extreme. One thing's for sure, It'll make for an interesting week come Monday. :)
Which begs the question, how many of your O-line are still out?

I can't even read this thread, because the initial post was so wildly homertastic. Calling a player a DROY, then saying he is an upgrade over a guy who wasn't resigned is an insult to the guy who wasn't resigned?

Do you actually believe everything you type?

How's the reading comp going?

Take off your Bills hat for a moment and look at the coverage of Belichick objectively. He's the coach of a team that has won three super bowls this decade, so he's going to have more coverage by the media. Any other coach with his record would have far more positive press than what he has received, but many media members intensely dislike him. He doesn't give the sound bites that guys like Parcells does, he limits the access to players and other coaches, and he doesn't give them much to work with in his interviews. In other words, he makes the media's job harder when they need to come up with a column, and they hold that against him. The only reason their has been any praise at all is in spite of their personal feelings about Belichick, and getting past that and seeing the results on the field.

Now this comment I agree with, there is a sizeable portion of Patriots fans that tend to over react to criticism. There is a reason for that reaction, though. In my opinion it is a result of the way the media, led by espn, went over the top in it's coverage of spygate with a witch hunt mentality - whipping the masses into a frenzy with wild speculation. If your favorite team had been the recipient of that type of biased reporting, more of your fan base would also be up in arms over every negative comment as well.

Totally agree with everything you say. I think keeping the players away from the media is a better idea than most think. Example, Trent Edwards was all over the media this week, ESPN, newspaper articles, interviews, blah blah. We go to Miami and lay an egg. I'm not saying it's one persons fault but I do think it's a distraction. Belichick may have it right by keeping the media away, focus on the task at hand, winning football games.

We Bills fans wear our hearts on our sleeves when it comes to the team. Live, eat, sleep, breathe, Buffalo Bills football. As a matter of fact, you beat the Bills, you beat the city. You wouldn't believe the emotion of the Bills message boards. "He said this, they said that". Very hard to keep reality in check when your team can do no wrong. I can identify with all you guys. With all the good comes some bad, it's to be expected.

We Bills fans wear our hearts on our sleeves when it comes to the team. Live, eat, sleep, breathe, Buffalo Bills football.

Nothing wrong with that.

Which begs the question, how many of your O-line are still out?

Noone that I know of is really that injured. Jason Whittle is out and Duke Preston is replacing Melvin Fowler at center. Jason Peters thinks his play is "up to par", pffft. Joey Porter bought and sold him all day long in Miami.

Last edited:
I don't get a contract, I'm being paid under the table in cans of PBR.
Cheap beer under the table, will they never learn!
sad-smiley-345.gif

homer_simpson_headvertise.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results