PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spoiled Boston Fans: The 80's Called: They Want Their Perspective back

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW....if you find yourself still upset about the clunker yesterday, just get comfortable by the big screen tonight and watch S.D. obliterate the Brett parade...best medicine I can recommend

My bad, I thought this was a discussion board for discussion. That's the problem with this board, far too many people use it just to vent.

I yell at the TV, swear up a storm, spout off stupid nonsense during the game, diss Cassel, Brady, Moss, BB, Josh, and everyone in the heat of the moment. But then I put some perspective on it and don't come to a public forum spouting off nonsense because I need to "vent".

Thank you for that comment, I come here to share my thoughts, not vent like a mad man ! The game thread was as sad as watching the game !

We just lost to (one of) the worst teams in the league by over 20 points. I agree that we've been pretty spoiled lately but WE'RE ALLOWED TO BE SAD ABOUT THIS.

You don't know that the Dolphins are the worst team in the league this year, only 3 games have been played. Looking back to last year is a mistake either way, best or worse ! The Dolphins certainly didn't look like the WORSE team in the league Sunday ! At the end of the regular season is when you can with any accuracy say who was best or worse.

Remember, the Giants looked like the worse team last year at this point in the season.

They aren't nearly as hollow as the everyone sucks comments.

To me, they are just as hollow.

That's your analysis after such a loss? "We used to win 21 in a row...wahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

No idea what you are referring to. A post of mine?

You're right, spoiled is hollow - it's more about being ignorant. Some of us would like to raise the bar here. Others have lowered it into the pits with their mindless venting.

To me both are hollow. If you think Player A Sucks threads are due to ignorance rather than being "spoiled", I'd agree.

If you are talking about raising that bar here, I assume you mean football talk. I too could do without the Player A Sucks threads, insane Tanking threads as well as the "Fans are spoiled" threads (created by the same poster over and over.)
I should add "Fans suck" threads to the hollow list.

Last edited:
My bad, I thought this was a discussion board for discussion. That's the problem with this board, far too many people use it just to vent.

I yell at the TV, swear up a storm, spout off stupid nonsense during the game, diss Cassel, Brady, Moss, BB, Josh, and everyone in the heat of the moment. But then I put some perspective on it and don't come to a public forum spouting off nonsense because I need to "vent".

What he said.

THankfully, we have you to point this out.

They didn't lose, they were embarassed by the worst team in the league at home!

their defense quit, their O-line was run over like mini poodles

and their coach was abysmal

This is a discussion board for venting

but thanks for the "perspective"
get a freakin grip already:rolleyes:

thats your problem

Saying "well you still have the Red Sox and Celtics" doesn't make much sense if you don't actually give a crap about the Red Sox or Celtics, does it?

I'm a Bruins and Patriots fan, so the fact that the Red Sox and Celtics are doing well doesn't mean anything to me.

Saying "well you still have the Red Sox and Celtics" doesn't make much sense if you don't actually give a crap about the Red Sox or Celtics, does it?

I'm a Bruins and Patriots fan, so the fact that the Red Sox and Celtics are doing well doesn't mean anything to me.
nobody cares:rolleyes:

Christ some of you guys sound like a bunch of bit*hes.. Get a grip we had a tough loss nobody is denying that, now its time to reel the tape and we'll have plenty of time since its a BYE week.. I'm not saying we shouldnt be discussing what we did wrong but something about the whining that the season is as good as over just plain pi$$es me off.. We're not that kind of team, and if you're that kind of person, go join the favresuckers in NY.

I thought they showered the coach because it was Sparanos first win but I could be wrong.

it makes perfect sense considering most pats fans are also boston sports fans. in case you didnt know the pats used to be called the boston patriots and there current home is only 30 miles to the south of boston. another clue for you would be all the pats superbowl parades have taken place in boston. what doesnt make sense is you crying about a memeber saying at least we still have the celtics and the sox. anybody with any common sense would relize that coming to a pats board there are going to be a lot of sox celts and bruins fans. if you check the board there are areas for all three teams for that very reason. what is everybody supposed to do not mention the sox and the celtics because your not a fan? give me a break

Last edited:
No, it's about having some faith in your team, despite a bad perfomance. Many here are acting as though it is the end of the world, it's not. At worst it's a wakeup call, not a trend. Embarrassment yes, a reason to lambast your players and coaches? No. Dang, what do these guys have to do to get a bit of the benefit of any doubt? Win 50 in a row and every Super Bowl? Put it behind you and prepare for the good year that history says BB and the Patriots will have.
Gee one with perspective...I agree..forget about the past..it means nothing..Just the here and now...what thinness of thought..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes