PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SPECULATION: Vrabel is part of bigger deal involving Cassel; from decent source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SPECULATION: Vrable is part of bigger deal involving Cassel; from decent source

Maybe they would ship the #3 to Carolina for Peppers and a mid round pick.

Re: SPECULATION: Vrable is part of bigger deal involving Cassel; from decent source

and if the Patriots have the # 3 they can possibly land Aaron Curry.

they let go of 2 guys they can afford to lose and their salaries ( Cassell and Vrabel) and the #23 and in return end up with the #3, three 2nd round picks ( am i correct on that?) and two 3rds.

Curry and Mayo together sure make me live with losing Vrabel

after you trade cassel you should have two first rounders at the end of the day QUOTE]

stop the insanity please! :rolleyes:

btw #3 overall is equivalent to TWO mid 1st round picks

Cassel had ZERO college starting experience and only one year of experience in the NFL. 66% of you wanted him released 6 months ago and now you want TWO 1st round picks??

Seems like there's a decent chance a Cassel thing to KC might get done but the Patriots wanted to trade Vrabel today based on a roster bonus due tomorrow. So the do the little deal to move Vrabel for now knowing they'll revisit the bigger deal when the pressure of the roster bonus is off. We'll see :)

maybe the pats and chiefs have 2 possibilities worked out......

a scenario involving curry at #3 and an alternative deal invloving their other first rounder for cassel and whatever else needs to be thrown in to make it even

or BB and pioli will just snowball the deals and make them so big that nobody will be able to figure out who got the better of it........

The Chiefs only have one first rounder to my knowledge.. Detroit and Philly have 2 first rounders.... But not the chiefs.

If that were true, do you think they'd be banking on Curry?

That's an awful lot of money to be paying for an unproven commodity. Doesn't make sense in the BB way of thinking to move up voluntarily and commit so much to a guy who haven't played a lick in the NFL. Unless he knows he can move down and trade that 3rd overall pick for multiple firts round picks, but that is awfully risky.

Last edited:

Shefter reported last night on NFLN that the Pats feel that Cassel is an elite QB in the NFL (Top 8). And then stated that several other teams agree with that.

If we send Cassel to KC for essentially a move up in the 1st round and a 3rd round pick, I will feel cheated. We should without a doubt get 1st round pick for him free and clear.

The Chiefs only have one first rounder to my knowledge.. Detroit and Philly have 2 first rounders.... But not the chiefs.

ok....but you know what I mean........it could be their 2nd and a pick next year or something

I don't like this trade if we give up our first rounder. But Vrabel isn't worth a third, either. something like Cassel and Vrabel for #3 and KC's fourth/fifth rounder would seem more reasonable to me.

ok....but you know what I mean........it could be their 2nd and a pick next year or something

If the Pats moved Cassel for the Chiefs 2nd and a conditional pick next year, then I'd be happy about it. VERY happy..

Mike Reiss is supposedly this Yudkin guy's source.

Who knows if Curry will even be there at No. 3. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he went No. 1.

An inside LB #1? One that shot up the board because of a great combine?

That scares the sh!t out of me.

I would rather have Peppers than the #3 or Curry.

Mike Reiss is supposedly this Yudkin guy's source.
This is David Yudkin's remarks in post #44 of Tom's link: "My most reliable source has said there's too much flying around right now to have a total grasp on this one yet." Pure speculation with no foundation, but it sounds like fun.

I would rather have Peppers than the #3 or Curry.
Meh, Peppers. :confused2:

Ok let's continue with the wild speculation here.

Pats trade Cassel + Vrabel to Chiefs -- Receive KC's 1st and 3rd round picks.

Pats draft Aaron Curry #3.

Pats trade #23 pick plus Chiefs 3rd round pick to Carolina for Julius Peppers.

Patriots new defense:

Warren-Wilfork-Seymour
Thomas-Curry-Mayo-Peppers

I'm in heaven!! :D:p:D

Crazy idea, but fun to think about!

Last edited:

Curry went INTO the combine highly touted and only upped his profile there. He's not a Mamula.

We'll have to wait until every school has finished its pro day before we find out if Curry could really go #1, right? I'm kind of with you that, right now, he's flavor of the week. (Edit) for a top position anyways, I won't argue that he's got the most hype as the best LB prospect currently.

Last edited:

Shefter reported last night on NFLN that the Pats feel that Cassel is an elite QB in the NFL (Top 8). And then stated that several other teams agree with that.

If we send Cassel to KC for essentially a move up in the 1st round and a 3rd round pick, I will feel cheated. We should without a doubt get 1st round pick for him free and clear.
In theory, the difference between #3 and #23 is equal to a first-rounder (at least according to the Blessed Value Chart of St. James).

In any case, though, also note that the trade rumor the OP referenced also had the Pats flip-flopping other picks with the Chiefs, as well (e.g., 47 for 34, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes