PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SPECULATION: Vrabel is part of bigger deal involving Cassel; from decent source

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The whole thing seems off, like BB is giving up Vrabes (someone he wanted to keep) as part of a bigger package move negotiated by SP. That is why he ran up there, why we dont even know what NEP will get for him yet...Cassel trade is coming.

--FRITZ

Here is my take on this for what it is worth. WHY HAVE VRABEL COME TO K.C. IMMEDIATELY TO TAKE A PHYSICAL IF WE ARE GETTING BACK JUST A PICK IN APRIL? CONTRACTS CAN BE VOIDED IF TRADES HAVE MEDICAL ISSUES ARISE. NO...THIS IS NOT THE CASE, HE HAD TO TAKE HIS PHYSICAL YESTERDAY TO ALLOW PART TWO OF THE TRADE TO PROCEED IMO. THEY KNOW HE HAD SHOULDER TROUBLE SO I AM SURE THAT WAS A CONCERN, BUT IF ANOTHER PIECE OF THIS WAS NOT PENDING, HE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO RUSH UP TO KC THE SAME HOUR HE WAS TRADED? DOESN'T THAT MAKE SENSE?
DW TOYS

Here is my take on this for what it is worth. WHY HAVE VRABEL COME TO K.C. IMMEDIATELY TO TAKE A PHYSICAL IF WE ARE GETTING BACK JUST A PICK IN APRIL? CONTRACTS CAN BE VOIDED IF TRADES HAVE MEDICAL ISSUES ARISE. NO...THIS IS NOT THE CASE, HE HAD TO TAKE HIS PHYSICAL YESTERDAY TO ALLOW PART TWO OF THE TRADE TO PROCEED IMO. THEY KNOW HE HAD SHOULDER TROUBLE SO I AM SURE THAT WAS A CONCERN, BUT IF ANOTHER PIECE OF THIS WAS NOT PENDING, HE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO RUSH UP TO KC THE SAME HOUR HE WAS TRADED? DOESN'T THAT MAKE SENSE?
DW TOYS

It certainly bears more consideration when you type in all caps... ;)

DW TOYS

You may be right for all I know, but it could have been done so fast because Vrabel was due a roster bonus at the end of the day so they probably needed to have the trade done asap so the roster bonus did not kick in.

You may be right for all I know, but it could have been done so fast because Vrabel was due a roster bonus at the end of the day so they probably needed to have the trade done asap so the roster bonus did not kick in.
You could be correct, but it does not make sense. If the trade was signed and approved by both teams pending a physical, the roster bonus at that time was in the hands of K.C. not us. They held his contract at that point. Thger was really no hurry for Friday unless it was part of another moving part that was needed to proceed. Vrabel could have waived the roster deadline through his agent to make realistic travel plans and what if he was not able to fly out there yesterday being at another commitment or traveling......Eeeh gad what luck! What, like they called him up on Thursday and said look for a fllght to K.C., bring your roster bonus contract, but we can't tell you why?

Worse case scenario, he fails his physical and his contract reverted back to the Pats and the check is waiting Monday. If it was a March 1st escalator, Mr. Kraft could have post-dated the check....ha.

Nope, it doesn't work for me that it is just a trade for a mid round pick that has everyone running across the country. The roster bonus would have still been given to Vrabel by the Chiefs if that was so, but when he arrived in K.C next week or next month to take this physical. They could have federal expressed it to him to arrive today or even Sunday with a clause pending physical. There would have been many ways.

DW Toys

You could be correct, but it does not make sense. If the trade was signed and approved by both teams pending a physical, the roster bonus at that time was in the hands of K.C. not us. They held his contract at that point. Thger was really no hurry for Friday unless it was part of another moving part that was needed to proceed. Vrabel could have waived the roster deadline through his agent to make realistic travel plans and what if he was not able to fly out there yesterday being at another commitment or traveling......Eeeh gad what luck! What, like they called him up on Thursday and said look for a fllght to K.C., bring your roster bonus contract, but we can't tell you why?

Worse case scenario, he fails his physical and his contract reverted back to the Pats and the check is waiting Monday. If it was a March 1st escalator, Mr. Kraft could have post-dated the check....ha.

Nope, it doesn't work for me that it is just a trade for a mid round pick that has everyone running across the country. The roster bonus would have still been given to Vrabel by the Chiefs if that was so, but when he arrived in K.C next week or next month to take this physical. They could have federal expressed it to him to arrive today or even Sunday with a clause pending physical. There would have been many ways.

DW Toys

This is just about 100% wrong, sorry.

DW Toys

I hope you are right and this is part of a larger trade.

Well, I believe there is something to it...no reasonable explanation on your part... "sorry" back at ya. Your theory could be...Mike loves the BBQ and ribs in K.C. and this was a good excuse?, Pioli was attending the K.C. Ballet and had an extra ticket? Vrabel did not want to shovel snow Sunday and Monday and heard the weather in K.C. this weekend and Monday is not that bad.

The 2nd is Sunday, not yesterday. It could have been arranged so that he didn't have to leave the exact moment the trade was made for a lousy mid round pick that does not happen until April. I cannot believe that this was a deal killer if he could not make it Friday.

It's all opinion and it is IMO. I could be right and you could be wrong. If I am wrong, you win....is that fair?

WEEI was just discussing it as well. They are not buying just a mid round transaction. Way too strange.

Don't be a party-pooper. This is fun, thought provoking stuff!
DW Toys

Last edited:
Well, I believe there is something to it...no reasonable explanation on your part... "sorry" back at ya. Your theory could be...Mike loves the BBQ and ribs in K.C. and this was a good excuse?, Pioli was attending the K.C. Ballet and had an extra ticket? Vrabel did not want to shovel snow Sunday and Monday and heard the weather in K.C. this weekend and Monday is not that bad.

The 2nd is Sunday, not yesterday. It could have been arranged so that he didn't have to leave the exact moment the trade was made for a lousy mid round pick that does not happen until April. I cannot believe that this was a deal killer if he could not make it Friday.

It's all opinion and it is IMO. I could be right and you could be wrong. If I am wrong, you win....is that fair?

WEEI was just discussing it as well. They are not buying just a mid round transaction. Way too strange.

Don't be a party-pooper. This is fun, thought provoking stuff!
DW Toys

It was wrong because you got the bonus situation wrong. I don't know what else to tell you. It had nothing to do with opinion.

Anyone know what's up?
They get Cassell and Vrabel......

nevermind....

Last edited:

"The Kansas City Chiefs have found their starting quarterback. NFL Network’s Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs acquired QB Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots in a trade.

The teams have agreed on compensation, but no details of the deal were immediately available."

Sometimes I am right but most of the time I am not. I should type in capitals more often.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes