PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: Opening week 2023 Practice Squad elevations and Inactives

Family

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Here goes:

ELEVATIONS: - Ferentz and Montgomery
INACTIVES: - Jake Andrews, Wheatley, Roberts, Mack Wilson, Speed, Wade, D. Parker

Added forgot Jack Jones. If he's out Wade is in.

Last edited:
No zappe? That would be interesting

I think Zappe will be elevated at least for week 1. I doubt Corral is ready to be the QB2 yet. Zappe would replace Ferentz, so I'd also have Jake Andrews active.

I also think we might see Wheatley instead of Sidy Sow active. Wheatley can be the 3rd "TE" for big packages, and they may want to work with Sow more before making him face a front like the Eagles.

My inactives would be: Sow, Parker (injury), Ja. Jones (injury), Roberts, Speed, Pharoah Brown. I THINK you only need 6 inactives if you're carrying an 8th OL, but if that's not the case anymore, Wilson would be my 7th inactive. But I think they'll want him to use as a spy to free Mapu up to roam a bit.

Here goes:

ELEVATIONS: - Ferentz and Montgomery
INACTIVES: - Jake Andrews, Wheatley, Roberts, Mack Wilson, Speed, Wade, D. Parker

Added forgot Jack Jones. If he's out Wade is in.
Is this real or are we speculating??

Didn't take D Parker too long to join or head the Injury brigade Miami fans were right abut him injury prone.

Yeah title should say Prediction or Speculation this isn't Patriots news (yet)

For elevations I'd say Zappe/Ferentz. I also don't think Corral is ready yet.

Yeah title should say Prediction or Speculation this isn't Patriots news (yet)

This same thread ran a few years back every week, but didn't include the word "speculation"

Of course, it's fine if posters want it added, but of course it's speculation since actives aren't announced until game day.

Are the 53-man preseason rosters titled speculation???

I also think we might see Wheatley instead of Sidy Sow active. Wheatley can be the 3rd "TE" for big packages, and they may want to work with Sow more before making him face a front like the Eagles.

Agreed, but I didn't want to have to go back to discussing Sow.

This same thread ran a few years back every week, but didn't include the word "speculation"

Of course, it's fine if posters want it added, but of course it's speculation since actives aren't announced until game day.

Are the 53-man preseason rosters titled speculation???
That's totally fair. It's just that I know I forget sometimes that the elevations and inactives are declared on game day, so I'm sure there's others like me who weren't sure whether you were reporting it or taking a stab at it. I think making it clear just helps a bit. No offense intended.

That's totally fair. It's just that I know I forget sometimes that the elevations and inactives are declared on game day, so I'm sure there's others like me who weren't sure whether you were reporting it or taking a stab at it. I think making it clear just helps a bit. No offense intended.

No offense at all.

It's just opening week jitters.

Not speculation.

Not speculation.

I wonder if this is a team suspension without calling it a suspension publically. Doesn’t miss a game check, doesn’t put his gun case back in the limelight.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back