Welcome to PatsFans.com

Specter update [merged]

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by groundgame, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groundgame

groundgame Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Fiction:

(WASHINGTON, DC) There appears to no founding to the rumors recently that U.S. Senator Arlen exSpectorate (R-Eagles/Comcast) has barricaded himself in his Senate chambers since March 3, 2008. Aides to Sen. exSpectorate have pleaded with the senator to unlock his office doors in order to retrieve reports on a $4 billion Appropriations Bill. However, the desperate office staff can only hear the background noise of the NFL Network in his office. The vigil is now in Day 6, which reportedly has exSpectorate staring, almost trance-like at the television screen, and chanting in a low uneven voice: "Any news on Matt Walsh...Any news on Matt Walsh...People I need info...People I need info...Any news on Matt Walsh...." And on and on it goes.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  2. Jimke

Jimke In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +76 / 13 / -6

Re: Specter update

I suspect Specter knows all about the Walsh tapes from Walsh's

lawyer who was recommended by Specter. I agree that Specter is

anxious to hear that Bill Belichick has been tarred and feathered by

order of Roger Goodell.

3. flasox27

flasox27 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -4

#54 Jersey

I guess he knows that Walsh will never get a get out of jail pass from the Pats and that he will not saying that will getting put in the pen.

4. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +178 / 2 / -3

Here's a newer story from today's NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/sports/football/09nfl.html?_r=2&ref=sports&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

I'd like to see a reporter or better yet, Goodell challenge Specter to release all correspondence between himself and Comcast Media.

That's what "challenges" usually entail. If he'll do that I think the NFL should release all the legal correspondence as well... and after all, what's more important? "Cheating" in the NFL or corruption in Congress?

But of course, Specter wouldn't hold himself to the same standard he wants to hold others to.

5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

specter doesn't go anywhere at this point.

6. BPF

BPF In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Florio's view:

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/08/specter-wants-nfl-to-let-walsh-talk/

7. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 13 / -10

8. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Re: Specter Raises New Questions on Spying

It's interesting when Spector is questioning the internal workings of a company (the NFL) NOT about any law breaking vut about the very runnings of that company. I THINK he has gone way too far. And to demand that letters sent in confidence in negotiation REALLY means that Spector has the copies already from Walsh's attorney. I truyly believe that he had a hand in having Walsh's Washington attorney hired for him. He needs to be investigated here..because his ethics in having ANYTHING to do with the NFL given the Comcast donations SMELLS. For someone who supposedly knows the law, he's PRETTY brazen about taking it to the edge. My ONLY hope is that someone pushes the skunk over the edge. The fact that he is calling for information between lawyers to be made public is a bit frightening to me..would he want dealings in private between Comcast and the NFL be made public?? He really has NO business sticking his nose in here..would be better that he spend his time with something substantive..where LAWS were broken..To me the quicker he makes a fool of himself, the better for everyone.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  9. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Re: Specter Raises New Questions on Spying

When will someone stand up to Specter and question his true intentions?:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.