Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sox fans get in here!!!!

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by TriplecHamp, Apr 7, 2011.

1. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

no hovering

No team that has started off 0-5 has ever won a championship, discuss.
    [​IMG]
  2. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Youkilis couldn't hit the ball off a ******* tee right now.

2nd and 3rd, no outs and they couldn't get a run in, you have to try to be that pathetic.

I'm really ******* tired of seeing Dice-K through 80 pitches by the 4th inning. He'll get up 0-2, and without fail, fall back to 3-2. This experiment with this kid is over, send him packing to the NL where he'll be a solid #2/3.

This team needs to light a god damn fire under their ass right now, no life to them out there at all and I'm really getting pissed.
  3. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

I'm thankful there's 157 games yet to be played before the playoffs come around. The entire team bar Adrian Gonzalez & Big Papi look horrible.

The CC Express got going for the first time this season tonight. That's pleasing. Trading V-Mart though.. big hmmmm.
  4. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They didn't trade V-Mart, he signed for insane money with Detroit. He's not even a full time catcher there because of how horrible he is behind the plate. There was no place for him here.
  5. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

This will sound weird as a diehard Sox fan, but part of me is finding this start entertaining. For one, I don't think it has any longtime repercussions. Five losses won't kill their season.

But more importantly, I hate the direction this team has gone in. Overspending for talent year after year after year, getting .50 to the dollar to ship that player out once they fail here, or just overpaying for mediocrity. It's really boring.

So to see the team struggle after dramatically overpaying for a guy like Crawford - I actually think it's justified and hopefully a lesson for Theo and the owners. I'm sure it won't be, but one can hope.
  6. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess these guys just thought all they had to do was to show up and the wins would pile up. WRONG. Get your heads in the damn game.

Today is a must win with Lester, cant go 0-6 into the Yankees series. The way the Yankees are hitting, and the way we arent pitching...it could get ugly.
  7. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

More importantly, to me, ownership thought all they needed to do was write a couple big checks.

They gotta stop spending money like idiots while overpaying for mediocrity, while letting good Sox players who performed well in this town walk. It's asinine.
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

What should they have done differently?
  9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

The Red sux broke my heart So Many times over a 30 year period i gave up on them. I watched the last game of the 04 World series, and when the ball was thrown to first for the final out i felt....Nothing. In '86 i was ready to jump in my car go down town and honk my horn, but on that night in 2004 i didn't really care. Im sorry but i find it funny how so many peoples lives are wrapped up in the Sux and how they're doing. I'd like to see the losing streak hit ten, Boston would melt down.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  10. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

The crumble of the Redsox is beautiful.

Right now:

Celtics>>>>>>>>>>>Bruins>>>>>>>>>>Paint dry>>MLB

Seeing Redsox nation get in a hissy fit will be lol.

Who knew the sox could be done by draft day :D
  11. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

when does the season start?
  12. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

kind of weird to hear Pats fans rooting against Sox... and taking about Sox fans being wrapped up in them on a board where there's been active talk about draft day for months? (don't get me wrong -- I love the Pats and am anxious for the draft despite -- just seems a bit like the pot and the kettle :) )
  13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

If the games meant weather the sux won the division or the penet or WS i'd root for them no question. I just wouldn't put invest in them emotionally. As ive gotten older i've found i don't allow myself to get to wrapped up in sports. Especially after the 07 SB loss.
  14. ausbacker

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

Freudian slip.. by trading I really meant letting go.

And let's face it, the Sox could have afforded to keep him.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Where would you want him playing?
    He was a horrid catcher, and Gonzalez is a much better player all around at 1B.
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

It's aggravating and frustrating for sure ...

I am going to look at this in a positive light ...

This is a beginning of the season learning moment.

Also ... not a solution but I would so much rather be watching Kalish rather than Drew/Cameron.

Just saying ... kid has spunk and that is infectious to the veterans.

If I could get good value I would trade Ellsbury now, move Crawford to center and make room for Kalish. I have been saying trade ellsbury for a few years now ... so I will continue to say it.
  17. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

18. ausbacker

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

Saltalamacchia and Varitek are hardly calling good games and contributing offensively at the moment. We could afford to carry his catching given our current predicament in that position.

I've long thought catcher has the potential to be an achilles heel for this team. Let's hope that doesn't eventuate but through the early stages of this season the small sample has been below average.
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

I don't know, I seem to recall teams running at will on him. Almost literally. I'm fine giving Saltalamacchia the chance to develop.

The idea that we need a $50mm bat at catcher is getting awfully close to the notion some Yanks fans have of needing an allstar at every position.

As for game-calling, there's no way to tell that from watching 6 games (if at all).
  20. ausbacker

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

Granted teams running at will on V-Mart was a definite weakness but Tek's physical skills have slowly eroded and I'm rather uncertain on Saltalamacchia, his development and scope for improvement. That leaves us with two catchers who we aren't particularly sure what they're going to do, how they'll call games and their offensive production.

The Red Sox pitching seems destined to slide with Tek's ageing. He could certainly call a game that man!
  21. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

If a team is going to go on a 6 game losing streak you'd want it to be during games 1-6 of the season as it gives them 156 games to straighten out. If the Sox were 15 games over .500 in June or July and lost 6 straight they'd be fine. That's why I wouldn't worry about them at this point. They're too talented to not win on a regular basis. They should still win 95 games. They'll just have a shorter window to win them in.

Remember the Yankees went something horrible like 8-18, or 11-18 in an April a few years ago, and still won the division. In the end good teams win the amount of games they're supposed to, and the Sox are a good team.
  22. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

the redsox arent winning any ws and i felt that way before the season started. not with the pitching they have now. people need to stop getting suked in by the media hype machine. why anybody thought the redsox would win 100 plus games and walk thru the al east is mind boggling to me. they are the same team as last year except they have a healthy youkalis pedroia and ellsbury. i said it before and ill say it again. they lost two excellent offensive players in beltre and vmart and brought two back in. thats a push.
  23. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

who said 100+ and walkthrough? fortunately, neither is needed to win the WS

Having a healthy Pedroia, Youk and Ellsbury is a pretty big difference.

Martinez wasn't an excellent offensive player - he was good. Crawford is as good if not better, and he is an infinitely better fielder.

Beltre had a very good year, but it wasn't something you could count on again. Even in one of his best years of his career, he wasn't as good as Gonzalez is.

And their pitching is as good as anybody's except Philly. The bullpen should be much better than last year. With relievers, though, who knows?
  24. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

No team has ever come back from being down 3-0 in an MLB playoff series...oh. wait.
  25. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL, I love how this kid acts like getting 3 of our best players back is no big deal. This team won 89 games with multiple AA players up and down the lineup. If they were relatively healthy, this team would have won 95+.

A little spoiled huh? Either that or you cant comprehend the fact last season's team was very good.

CC & Gonzo > Beltre and V-Mart.

There is no disputing that, there was no place for V-Mart on this team for the money he was comanding. You cry in hindsight about letting him go, then we'd see you ***** and moan about his defense at catcher (which he would be playing here, he's not in Detroit).

Well lets just finish using your logic, we got back an 89 win team that was devastated with injuries all season. I'll take that in a ******* heart beat.

This kid will never get it though it seems.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
  26. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

and would also be *****ing and moaning about all the $ he was paid
  27. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, Lackey was a complete waste of $70 + mil. This guy used to scare me when he pitched for LAA. This was the one game we needed him to step up and he fell on his face.
  28. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I wouldn't be worrying about any playoff series if I was you;)Thank god for Phil Hughes and Girardi's patented micromanagement right?
  29. ausbacker

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

Yeah Lackey is crap but on the bright side the several hundred million dollar bats woke up today. :p

Nice to have that win in the bank. Let's hope the starting pitching improves and this home stand gets the team rolling.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  30. ausbacker

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

Super pitching performance called by Varitek and executed by Beckett. 2/3 from the Wankmees with a few more games to be played at home.

Hopefully this is the injection the Sox need to get a wriggle on.