PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sources: Saints' GM could eavesdrop on opposing coaches during home games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unable to tell where in here you are actually disagreeing with the simple distinction I provided, so I am going to assume, perhaps wrongly, that you, like Koma, find "spying" to be a loaded word compared to "eavesdropping," i.e. one with stronger negative connotations.

I am not stating which of the several real, alleged or merely hypothetical situations described above is morally or ethically worse. I am only stating why the methods of each respective situation suggest the words "spying" and "eavesdropping," depending on whether video or audio devices were used.

The point is that the nature of the "spying" - be it by audio or video is completely irrelevant.

The question of WHAT was being spied upon - regardless of whether it was audio or video - is very relevant.

Spying on play calling is a very minor infraction. In fact, the NFL allows it as long as the cameras are not on the sideline (as of the 2006 memo)

Spying on internal locker room conversations among coaches? Or filming walkthroughs before big games? Thats a HUGE deal and it matters not whether such spying occurred by audio or video.

I can explain this further if need be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye