PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sound FX Week 6 :Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like he said it at 2.39...

I can see how you may have thought that, since the camera was panned on TB, but it was definitely the announcer.

That would be some shocking stuff to hear Brady say, and I don't think we'd ever have to go through that.

On another note--can anyone provide an insight into the "fake clocking" play where he hit Dobson near the sideline?

Was that 100% an intended fake? Did all 11 offensive players know that was going to be a quick pass to the sideline? Or did Tom simply take advantage of seeing Dobson out there and decide to wing it instead of spiking it? After all, an incompletion would have basically been the same as clocking it, with the exception of an extra couple of seconds or so.

The drawback would have been had he not gotten out of bounds--which he almost didn't.

On another note--can anyone provide an insight into the "fake clocking" play where he hit Dobson near the sideline?

Was that 100% an intended fake? Did all 11 offensive players know that was going to be a quick pass to the sideline? Or did Tom simply take advantage of seeing Dobson out there and decide to wing it instead of spiking it?

Thanks.

It was weird, nobody else seemed to expect it, they all just stood still after the ball was snapped like you would with a spike. But Brady walked up shouting clock like 6 times so maybe it was intentional.

Not sure if you were able to watch the "NFL Turning point" show yet or not? It aired at 11pm a couple of hours ago, and you could actually hear Brady say "Jules..." as soon as he let go of the ball. It seemed to me like he was waiting and hoping that he'd have broken earlier. It definitely seemed as though it was more on Edelman than it was on Brady--although those are tough calls sometimes.

Just wanted to pass along that he kind of yelled his name basically as soon as he released the ball like to say--"c'mon," in a sort of hoping kind of manner.

Yeah definitely saw that. Basically it just shows that sometimes as fans we have to give TB the benefit of the doubt. It sounds very homerish but i am just using the experience we have had with Moss and Welker. It seems usually if Brady knows where someone is going to be he puts it there... Except for Amendola's throw last week... that was on Brady.

Brady threw it right to the defender. There was no way it should have gone there. He was hoping Edelman could break it up is all.

Possibly.

Except when they went back to the sideline Edelman said sorry i was late. As other posters here has said as well It looked like Dobson should have made his cut earlier as well.

Favorite TB quote from sound fx:

Go kick some a s s

Oh God Jule...(interception)

Final touchdown: I got you boy

Not sure if you were able to watch the "NFL Turning point" show yet or not? It aired at 11pm a couple of hours ago, and you could actually hear Brady say "Jules..." as soon as he let go of the ball. It seemed to me like he was waiting and hoping that he'd have broken earlier. It definitely seemed as though it was more on Edelman than it was on Brady--although those are tough calls sometimes.

Just wanted to pass along that he kind of yelled his name basically as soon as he released the ball like to say--"c'mon," in a sort of hoping kind of manner.

I hear what you're saying and I think you're right to some extent with certain situations, but I don't think that's what was going on here. It simply seemed as though Edelman's eyes were looking ahead to the majority of us. You may be right, however. I'm not sure that we'll ever know, although I haven't had the opportunity to watch this link here just yet either.

You were right:

Julian Edelman on the high-5 to Tom Brady that never was - ESPN Boston

Edelman's eyes were ahead like you said and he just didn't see Brady.

It was weird, nobody else seemed to expect it, they all just stood still after the ball was snapped like you would with a spike. But Brady walked up shouting clock like 6 times so maybe it was intentional.

Yeah, I'd love to have some more insight on this, although I doubt we'll ever get any.

We've definitely seen it before in the MNF game at MIA in Moss' last game here where Brady tried the old "Marino" fake pass to the EZ (which Moss dropped...sigh).

I'm not sure how many other times we've seen an example like the throw to Dobson though. Luckily, he was able to get out of bounds--because if he doesn't, things may have turned out differently at the end due to time constraints and/or turning it over on downs due to having to quickly clock it after Dobson's catch.

Yeah, I'd love to have some more insight on this, although I doubt we'll ever get any.

We've definitely seen it before in the MNF game at MIA in Moss' last game here where Brady tried the old "Marino" fake pass to the EZ (which Moss dropped...sigh).

I'm not sure how many other times we've seen an example like the throw to Dobson though. Luckily, he was able to get out of bounds--because if he doesn't, things may have turned out differently at the end due to time constraints and/or turning it over on downs due to having to quickly clock it after Dobson's catch.

Actually I read somewhere where Dobson said that both he and Brady saw the Saints were lining up to play soft coverage and so Brady made eye contact with Dobson before the snap, and they both knew what to do. Don't remember where I read it...I'll try to find it if I can.

edit: Found it:

The ball now at the Saints 32, Brady then connected with Dobson on a 6-yard pass to the right side.

“Just an off-the-ball pass,” Dobson explained. “The DB [Keenan Lewis] on me was way off and [Brady] kind of looked at me and we were on the same page. I knew I had to get out of bounds and [Lewis] helped me get out.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../4751022/last-second-drive-worthy-of-a-replay

Yup that aired on all access last night.

I thought BBs comments about going for it on forth and if we have to we just hold them to a field goal was the added gold. Between this comment and Josh's they basically predicted exactly how 2 of the last 3 possessions would go. Talk about knowing your situations when they come up.

Actually I read somewhere where Dobson said that both he and Brady saw the Saints were lining up to play soft coverage and so Brady made eye contact with Dobson before the snap, and they both knew what to do. Don't remember where I read it...I'll try to find it if I can.

That's good news they both knew what to do. That's a step in the right direction for these receivers.

“Just an off-the-ball pass,” Dobson explained. “The DB [Keenan Lewis] on me was way off and [Brady] kind of looked at me and we were on the same page. I knew I had to get out of bounds and [Lewis] helped me get out.”

That Dobson quote is music to my ears.

Interesting though in that Bose video that Brady's frustration after Dobson's fourth down drop is obvious.

Also: At about one 1:01 that must be WR coach Chad O'Shead talking to the WR group saying calmly (almost softly) "good job, good tempo," then Brady bolts up, and YELLS, "WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT. ALL RIGHT? LET'S GET IN THE END ZONE!"

That was a very dangerous play for just 6 yards. The game was over if lewis was smart enough to tackle him inbounds.For some reason the WR sideways passes havent worked with this crew. Dobson was tackled for no gain even on the goal line. They need to rethink this .

What surprised me and also gave me hope was how often Brady was talking or referring to Dobson in the video. This makes me think that he's starting to trust him and rely on him which is good.

It's also good for me as I just picked up Dobson off wavers.

Great find, thanks a lot for posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST