PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorry Pats fans, if you don't live in NE or South FL no game for you this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will have to catch it on Boston 98.5 FM again.

Jacked & Pumped here south of Tamper, FL!
Bucs play at 4PM so we get the early Pats-Phins.
Still trying to wash the smoke smell outa my clothes from last weeks Pats-Jets debacle at the Sports Bar.

I'm about the same. Some are little more annoying than others, but I don't harbor any real vitriol towards any of them.

Heck, I even miss Madden...

Madden and Summerall were awesome and nothing meant football more than hearing their voices.

Madden and Gruden were both the best color guys I've ever listened to because they are just plain fun guys. Sure I got tired of the Favre 'gunslinger' BS (which is really just a way of saying that he makes throws he shouldn't) but Madden and Gruden have this element to their announcing which makes the whole thing seem less serious than guys like Collinsworth.

In fact out of the Buckman/Aikman team I dislike Aikman the most because there's no fun to him. Gruden and Madden had/have this boyishly jubilant way about their announcing which I just find simply enjoyable.

Madden and Summerall were awesome and nothing meant football more than hearing their voices.

Well, there might be ONE crew that equaled them... for sheer entertainment value...

MEREDITH1-obit-articleLarge.jpg

icon_mrgreen.gif

I wish they would just sell individual games on-demand for like $20 or something. Maybe Amazon will figure it out in a couple of years.

I have Sunday Ticket and it's great, but I don't actually want to view every game, I just want the 3-4 patriots games that aren't nationally telecasted.

I also have Sunday Ticket and love it. I also have never paid for it. The first year I got it as part of the promotion. After that, each August I call DirecTv and immediately ask for Customer Retention. I tell them what I want and I get Sunday Ticket (no red zone or streaming, just the games) and ususally another discount or two.

I live in NYC and didn't expect to see the game...but I expect the Pats to be in the Red Zone so much that I see much of the game on NFL Red Zone...:D

It's listed in the image. Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon. I enjoy them, but to be honest I don't hate any announcers and never really have. I even enjoy Buckman and I freaking love Jon Gruden, so I guess I'm an uncultured swine.
Agreed. Once you lower your expectations, they don't bother you so much. Possible exception: Cris Collinsworth, who just simply annoys me.

Heck, I even miss Madden...

Agree. While he generally couldn't hide his Raiders-alumni-based dislike of the Patriots, my favorite single line, ever, out of the mouth of any broadcaster, anywhere, anytime, was his "What Tom Brady just did gives me goosebumps," after Brady spiked the ball and Vinatieri was running on the field at the end of SB XXXVI.

As we all remember so well, a few minutes earlier Madden had said that the Pats should "play for overtime." He not only admitted he had been wrong but did so BEFORE Adam's Kick. I sometimes think it's lost on people that Madden called out the greatness of what Brady had done by taking the Pats from his own 18 to the Rams' 31 with less than two minutes on the clock and no timeouts at the end of a Super Bowl...before Vinatieri made the FG that won the game.

I wish they would just sell individual games on-demand for like $20 or something. Maybe Amazon will figure it out in a couple of years.

I have Sunday Ticket and it's great, but I don't actually want to view every game, I just want the 3-4 patriots games that aren't nationally telecasted.
If they were to sell individual games on demand then it would have to be for a whole lot more than $20.

At that price there's no incentive to purchase the Sunday Ticket.

In addition, if individual games were available on demand, fewer people would patronize sports bars that purchased the Sunday Ticket. Once those pubs saw their number of visitors fall, they too would drop the ST.

Even more importantly, if single games were available to be purchased, then the exclusive rights for the Sunday Ticket would drop dramatically.

From a business standpoint the only reason to sell individual games would be if the NFL could increase profits. Profits from individual games on demand would have to more than offset the decrease in value of the Sunday Ticket - which would be dramatic. DirectTV is paying $1,500,000,000 per year now.

While we as fans would all love to be able to purchase individual games on demand, it just doesn't make any business sense. To do so the price would probably have to be in the vicinity of $100 per game. Public backlash from that kind of price would be enormous.

Jacked & Pumped here south of Tamper, FL!
Bucs play at 4PM so we get the early Pats-Phins.
Still trying to wash the smoke smell outa my clothes from last weeks Pats-Jets debacle at the Sports Bar.
Yeah, this is one of those two times every season when I am glad that the station in Tampon insists on playing the Dolphins at every opportunity, rather than the best game available.

P.S. - You mean you're not a fan of Floriduh's 'no-smoking/yes you can' laws in establishments that serve food?

:rolleyes:

Yay, no ghetto streams this week! Not often Tampa gets a non primetime game on TV.

Sunday ticket or I'd be forced to watch the Titans suckfest

Smoking in a bar??!! They can't allow that anywhere anymore can they??!!

Smoking in a bar??!! They can't allow that anywhere anymore can they??!!
They do in Florida if you ask for an exemption because you claim that your food sales are below a certain percentage of your overall sales.

One of the very many idiosyncrasies of Flori-duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes