PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Son of Adrian Peterson Severely Beaten, UPDATE: HE'S Passed Away :(

Re: Son of Adrian Peterson Severely Beaten, In Critical Condition

Anyone capable of doing this certainly was born evil. I know this because I, like the rest of the human beings with a soul, was born incapable of being able to do such a thing.

Providing 'help' to this sociopath would simply waste the time of the caring people who would attempt unsuccessfully to help him, while they could be spending their time on people that are not human garbage and could be helped.

I think you could be right. If the case is as sickening as advertised (not established fact at this point) it's hard to see any path to redemption for this individual. However, there are those who would argue the act of attempting redemption isn't about the guilty individual. The attempt of redemption is about everyone else, about society. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with that but it does appear (not established fact) that a society's treatment of criminals has repercussions on the level of inhumanity within that society. I think societies that choose to do this are trying to say to everyone within that society, we are without exception humane. And that hard rule has the affect of deterring future inhumane acts.

Psycho-babble? Probably.
A smart man once said (paraphrasing) you can tell a lot about society from its prisons. If there are examples that show this statement is incorrect I haven't seen them yet. Which, if that is the case, means do we as a society continue eye for an eye justice even if logic dictates it increases the likelihood that future inhumane acts will occur?

I am doubly saddened for the victim, in that he very possibly never knew his father.

The Minneapolis City Pages reports that the toddler's mother did not who the boy's father was "until just recently.
The Minneapolis City Pages reports that the child was a "secret." A source told the paper that the mother of the boy had a casual relationship with Peterson when she lived in Minneapolis. The relationship ended when the woman moved to South Dakota.

Godspeed, little guy: your pain is over now.

The shortest post in this thread ...also the one with the most truth to it.

IFWT_joseph_patterson.jpg
IFWT_joseph_patterson3.jpg

"As of right now he has not been charged with murder, but that will change soon. Patterson actually just very recently moved into the same house as the little boy. There are reports that be previously assaulted a 3 year old boy of a former girlfriend. He also has a son himself, which makes this situation more unexplainable"

In Flex We Trust » (Photos) NFL: This Is Joseph Patterson, The Man Accused Of Killing Adrian Peterson?s Son

"Wollman’s office filed motions Friday that ordered Patterson to serve year-long sentences in two prior domestic violence cases in which sentence had been suspended."

He'll go to the awaiting trial block in county jail, I'd guess. Probably ask for and get PC, because of the high profile nature of the case. Faces 40 years by state statute. A good lawyer could get that down to ten.

Prison justice is one of those urban myths that have survived the wholesale changes and shifts in prison philosophy the past few decades. Prisons today are modular. In all probability there 's a mod where this cretin will serve the beginning years of his bid that contain individuals with a similar criminal profile. Other child beaters, spouse beaters,spouse murderers etc. He'll fit right in. I know it's not what most of you want to hear but it's basically the facts of life in today's prison systems. He be required to take domestic violence sessions,impulse and anger management, perhaps even a SPECTRUM type of program wherein he must complete a six or nine month period of education and behavior modification. He will be housed with and going to classes with other men convicted of the same senseless, abhorrent, detestable acts against those least able to defend themselves. The idea that he will become prey for other convicts that won't stand for the acts he did is basically Hollywood movie stuff. This will all die down once he's adjudicated and none of you will even be aware that he's back on the street and looking for another woman to control, putting any/all of her children in jeopardy again once he makes parole. Violent crimes usually require 2/3rds of the sentence served before parole eligibility. If he gets 10, he's on the street in 7 or 8 years.

I know you are all infuriated at him specifically, but I would ask that you broaden your scope a bit and come to the realization that this "monster" as you call him is actually a pretty run of the mill, common type of felon. If you think guys like this are some kind of rare exception, then unfortunately, you are a bit naive. They are everywhere, in every state, every city, every town, hamlet and burg in our country...committing offenses such as this on a daily basis. For every scumbag Joe Patterson you hear about, there are literally thousands of other Joes terrorizing women and children in the exact same fashion. It is an unreported dirty little secret our society keeps under wraps for the most part, and it is a huge problem that is getting worse.

If you want to do something positive, contribute to domestic violence awareness in your community and refuse to remain silent when you see it happening anywhere at any time. That is the only way to tame the "monster".

EDIT:...here's the google images page with shots of the mother over the past few years and the little boy. A beautiful child like this boy....wasted ...because this punk couldn't control his temper. Senseless.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ash...Post%3A1711463%3Fxg_source%3Dactivity;360;480

There's a lot of talk on this thread by some smart people about how we should treat criminals and I would counter that by saying this is just another case of how we mistreat children in our society. This kind of abuse against children goes on all too often in Massachusetts and elsewhere and shows NO sign of ending or slowing.

Abuse of children comes in all forms and a 2 year old child being beaten to death is just one example of it. It's a sad reflection.

RIP little one.

Well said, Joker

Absolutely heart breaking news. My thoughts are with the Peterson family during this time. The monster that did this will never see time in the general population, and that's a damn shame.

Some things are worse than death. Standing over the grave of your child is one Of them. Prayers to Adrian and his family............

Just heart breaking. I pray that this animal pays dearly for this.

Simply terrible news.

I believe AP handled it really well in the press too. The guy seems like a great guy and it's a horrible thing to have happen. I think he might explode on the Vikings this week he'll be so driven and motivated.

This is a crime that there will be no justice from no punishment fits such a crime there is no way that man can feel the fear or pain of the situation he put that child through. One of my friends suggested locking him in a room with AP but I don't think even that would bring justice to it.

R.I.P little guy no one can hurt you while you sleep with the angels.

Simply terrible news.

I believe AP handled it really well in the press too. The guy seems like a great guy and it's a horrible thing to have happen. I think he might explode on the Vikings this week he'll be so driven and motivated.

I know you mean well and you are probably in the majority but you couldn't be more wrong. Going to work a couple days after your kid was just murdered comes across as thoughtless and selfish. AP could challenge Peyton as far as a selfish stat monger goes. 'Great guys' don't father kids out of wedlock and barely have anything to do with them. If that kid had 2 loving parents he wouldn't be with the Angels,he'd be a happy healthy little two year old with his life ahead of him. From all accounts AP wasn't a part of that kid's life. The guy that killed that kid should be drug into the street and shot but he is not the only one who bears blame. The mother who thought so little of him that she didn't feel he needed his dad,The 'dad' who was just a brainless thoughtless selfish sperm donor and the society that accepts this behavior as ok. Shame on us all.

Unbelievable.

I wish this piece of crap starve to death in a dirty jail.

My condolences to AP and family.

Unbelievable what is this world coming to...:mad:

My deepest condolences to Adrian and his family. This is the worse kind of pain that a parent can ever endure.

The scum bag needs the death penalty and he needs to be tortured every day till then!!:mad:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back