PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Son of Adrian Peterson Severely Beaten, UPDATE: HE'S Passed Away :(

Re: Son of Adrian Peterson Severely Beaten, In Critical Condition

He should be punished for what he's done. But killing the person won't make the 2 year old comeback.

Why not offer him help. Everyone deserves to get help, if they are willing to accept it and make change in their life.
I respectfully disagree. Someone who pummels a 2 year old so badly does not deserve help and is far past the point of changing their lives.
Do you think when he was born it was in his DNA to do what he's done.
No, I do not believe people are born evil. I believe evil deeds are a conscious choice. My opinion is I doubt that he wanted to kill the child, but when you pummel a 2 year old so badly that a coma and death is the results, you are beyond redemption.
Whatever the person has gone thru in his life has lead him to these unhealthy choices. He probably didn't get the help or support he needed in his life and instead of finally offering him the help he deserves, society's answer is to hang him. That is truly sad. :(
No, what's really sad is your "blame society" mentality. I could actually accept your reasoning if he did something like rob a bank or dealt drugs.

This scum beat a 2 year old so severely that the child died. He doesn't deserve our help. He deserves 100,000 volts.

He should be punished for what he's done. But killing the person won't make the 2 year old comeback.

Why not offer him help. Everyone deserves to get help, if they are willing to accept it and make change in their life.

Whatever the person has gone thru in his life has lead him to these unhealthy choices. He probably didn't get the help or support he needed in his life and instead of finally offering him the help he deserves, society's answer is to hang him. That is truly sad. :(

You may literally be the worst human in the world.....congrats

you shouldn't get a reprieve for not getting yourself help and expect sympathy after the fact.

Definitely should be consequences for his actions. But I still think he should be offered help if he's willing to take it. Just my opinion.

Oh the boys in prison are gonna have their way with this scumbag. Justice in jail is such a beautiful thing that it is often overlooked.

Knowing that scum are locked away and beat each other to a pulp in there while we are kept safe is a great thing.

lol, no I'm not. I love GTA.(I hope GTA V comes out on PC) I think that's just stupid politicians saying that. :p

I'm not a psychologist, but I find it hard to believe that a sane person such as myself or yourself would just pick up a steel rod and beat a 2 year old to death.

I don't know this case or any details beyond what has been reported, but I can really only think of one scenario in which mental illness would directly prompt this type of murder, thus leading to NGI: if he thought the baby were the devil or something due to a delusional disorder. That's a long-term problem; why would AP's ex-partner choose to be with him if he were that ill?

Most other possible common scenarios e.g. frustrated impulse-control disordered man losing control, mood-disordered man in manic phase, man who really doesn't want to raise another's child being extra rough, man punishing/controlling baby's mother with violence towards child, extortion of AP gone wrong, harsh misguided discipline gone horribly wrong, drug/alcohol intoxicated man acting crazy, or simple cruelty/sadism/enjoying inflicting pain, are going to lead to the penal system rather than the mental health system because these are not problems generally seen as exculpatory for MURDER. Additionally all of these types of problems are seen as being within the offender's control in general, where as psychosis is typically not.

Regardless, such a senseless, meaningless act by this man; although children are murdered in general anonymity every day, still it's very sad that this man killed this boy.

I feel so bad for Adrian and the mother of the child I pray for pace on them both, I know its hard being a single mother but you have to watch and pray before you bring any man/woman in your life because its not about your needs any more its about the kids and this kid had a millionaire father he could have been with and not her crazy boy friend

Definitely should be consequences for his actions. But I still think he should be offered help if he's willing to take it. Just my opinion.

Agree completely, and I am personally offering two helping hands to him. I will travel to where he is, rent the wood chipper, and personally hold his legs and feed him through it.

There's no rehabilitation for a person who knowingly beats a child to death. Couple that with a history of violent behaviour and the olive branch of rehabilitation becomes a running joke.

I cannot fathom the thought process of someone who would commit meaningful harm to a child.

as deion says kill the man.. err sorry pay

Im all for rehabilitation, unless its my little boy or girl.

I think true justice might be to let him alone in a locked room with AP, his father, and walk away. Lets see what he does vs a grown man.

She is an adult and was responsible for the child's safety. (See that? I called him a "child" as if that makes any difference. Happy?)

The facts will come out. If there was no history of child abuse, then certainly there should be no punishment for her. But if this guy was beating her son on a regular basis and she knew about it, she isn't a "victim." She's a criminal.

My point is that it is her responsibility to protect the child, and that responsibility comes way ahead of wanting a boyfriend. No one will ever convince me that this guy could be capable of this and you couldn't tell if you knew his as well as the responsibility of being a parent requires you to in order to put him in the position to do this.

Personally I hope the "scum who did this" will be given the opportunity to get some help for himself.

Nobody is born evil...

Anyone capable of doing this certainly was born evil. I know this because I, like the rest of the human beings with a soul, was born incapable of being able to do such a thing.

Providing 'help' to this sociopath would simply waste the time of the caring people who would attempt unsuccessfully to help him, while they could be spending their time on people that are not human garbage and could be helped.

What is sad is that you are searching for an excuse to relieve this scumbag from responsibility.
He is scum, and blaming society for not fixing him is disgusting.

That's beyond ****ed up. No idea how anyone could kill an innocent human being let alone a toddler. There's a special place in hell for these types of people...

This is why we need the death penalty. For scum that needs quick removal.

at some point enouph is enouph. This is one of those times. Why he did what he did doesnt matter its beyond cruel.

This is what the green shoes are all about. Mental illness awareness. A mentally healthy person doesn't do something like this.

This situation is what it is, but maybe people can look at the cause beyond hating the person that did it and help prevent it from happening as much in the future.

This guy is fully responsible for his actions. I have a hard time believing they didn't have some warning signs before hand.

This is what the green shoes are all about. Mental illness awareness. A mentally healthy person doesn't do something like this.

This situation is what it is, but maybe people can look at the cause beyond hating the person that did it and help prevent it from happening as much in the future.

This guy is fully responsible for his actions. I have a hard time believing they didn't have some warning signs before hand.

It used to be when somebody went ****oo for cocoa puffs you put them in the damn booby hatch where they couldnt harm society now we give crazy people pills and say "Now don't forget to take your pills crazy person."

crazy people run amuck in society is a major problem but I think most everyone is overlooking a big factor here...the decline of the nuclear family. Men spreading their seed and taking little or no responsibility for their offspring. If AP was a man that kid and his mother would be living with him in a happily married family. If he didn't love her he shouldnt have impregnated her. I suspect(and I hope I'm wrong) he'll play Sunday if they let him cause he is pretty much unfazed by the whole thing. He was already on record saying he was going to play beore the kid passed but after most thought he was gonna pass.

you now I saw 23 kids in NE killed by neglect, accidents, and etc or some other reason when I worked for kerr ambulance in kittery for 2-3 years in portsmith.
One kid died by steping on the window button, while the couple was funiture shop. Brought the window down, then up as he stood on it with his little feet choking him to death, as he push more with his feet, because they left the car on, so he could listen to the radio.
We know accidents

I was with my bro to a scene where it was a crashed car. I recogniziged it as his wifes station wagon. He didnt even phathom it. I saw his wife and 2 kids injured in the wagon, and sent him to the other car to treat the other guy. A drunk driver who had hit them at a red light.
We all get redeption, and making mistakes.

This is different, inexcusable, and deserves no mercy. Its murdering a helpless child. For any reason that is beyond crazy, and means this man has done it before and gotten away with it.

Condolences to Adrian Peterson and family. Losing a close family member is a brutally difficult process to endure/overcome. I'd imagine the process is amplified when it is a child family member.

For the act itself and those passing sentence, allow the facts to come out is all I would recommend. We have a report from the media. I assure you that is insufficient data to render judgment on anything even if it appears, at first thought, the act is a crystal clear case of nonredeemable inhumanity.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back