Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicilian

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So, I bit and read Sal Pal's article on D'Angelo Hall being overrated and overpaid, and the comments actually made me smile a bit.

It seems that we're not the only team that hates ESPN. The Raiders fans think they get picked on too.

Aside from Sal's over emphasis placed on sack numbers, I do think the article makes some decent points about shut down corners being useless if you don't have good play up front.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3342009

Just got done reading the same article before you posted. The hilarious thing is that he deems it so necessary to inform opponents how much he makes and how many pro-bowls he's been too. Inferiority complex.

I can't believe I'm bumping a good Sal Pal article. Course, he is sort of throwing dirt on the grave, not doing the killing.

That article is a word for word re-post article of part of his book The Paolantonio Report, where he said Hall was the 4th most overrated CB of all times behind Jason Sehorn, Roy Williams, and Roger Wehrli.

That article is a word for word re-post article of part of his book The Paolantonio Report, where he said Hall was the 4th most overrated CB of all times behind Jason Sehorn, Roy Williams, and Roger Wehrli.

i would not put roger werhli on that list. maybe lester hayes. is williams even a corner ? i would put sanders right there with williams as overrated safeties.

One of the great "SportsCenter" highlights of Hall's career is from a game against the Steelers in 2006. You remember that -- when Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Ward sprinted past Hall for a spectacular 70-yard touchdown catch and run. What's so remarkable about that play? Ward was missing one shoe.

And that play was unusual. Most opposing receivers beat Hall deep while still wearing both shoes.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i would not put roger werhli on that list. maybe lester hayes. is williams even a corner ? i would put sanders right there with williams as overrated safeties.

Maybe Roy Williams is overrated, but to say that Sanders is overrated just makes you sound like a massive homer.

Maybe Roy Williams is overrated, but to say that Sanders is overrated just makes you sound like a massive homer.

I do think he's overrated a little bit, but not to the degree where he should make any top lists.

I'd gladly take him on my team, he's a very very good player. I just don't think he should be considered for Defensive Player of the Year.

I do think he's overrated a little bit, but not to the degree where he should make any top lists.

I'd gladly take him on my team, he's a very very good player. I just don't think he should be considered for Defensive Player of the Year.

Why not? He was single handedly (yes, single handedly) the reason why the Colts surged into the SB two years ago. Don't believe me? Notice how the defense played near the end of the regular season, then watch how the defense played in the playoffs. Coincidentally, Sanders returned in the playoffs. He's a run stopping safety who is good enough in coverage. There is no way he is overrated.

Why not? He was single handedly (yes, single handedly) the reason why the Colts surged into the SB two years ago. Don't believe me? Notice how the defense played near the end of the regular season, then watch how the defense played in the playoffs. Coincidentally, Sanders returned in the playoffs. He's a run stopping safety who is good enough in coverage. There is no way he is overrated.

I understand what your saying but two years ago playoffs should have had no berrying on last year's Defensive Player of the Year award.

I never said he wasn't a very good and valuable player. He was definitely a factor in the improved colts run defense, along with improved play from the D-Line (watching the Chiefs game in particular, they didn't need Sanders half the time, Johnson had NO WHERE to go).

But you can be good but still overrated. I think, in the Colts system, you could interchange a few guys and have the same effect. Just my opinion, and like I said, I still think he'd be a tremendous asset on the Patriots if they had him.

So, I bit and read Sal Pal's article on D'Angelo Hall being overrated and overpaid, and the comments actually made me smile a bit.

It seems that we're not the only team that hates ESPN. The Raiders fans think they get picked on too ...
Yeah, but the Raiders suck and we don't. :snob:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes