PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Somewhat OT: Jakobi Meyers says he didn't feel respect playing here

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Apparently we let him walk over $1 million.

Last edited:
Inb4 people disregard direct quotes from an ex player because "iTs FeLgEr AnD mAzZ".
I'm no fan of those guys but this is an interview. Why wouldn't people believe it?

In context the respect thing doesn't sound as bad but Meyers does seem to be somewhat bitter.

I'm no fan of those guys but this is an interview. Why wouldn't people believe it?
Cuz it does not paint the team in a good light. It's standard operating procedure for any fanbase (not just ours) to disregard anything that paints the team management in a negative light. Assuming said management is well liked.

Bill by the reports wanted to keep him but he should’ve pushed harder. Only a mil apart smh.

I assume he meant 1 million a year and not just total.

Not really a surprise. Lots of previous players expressed same sentiments over the years.

Cuz it does not paint the team in a good light. It's standard operating procedure for any fanbase (not just ours) to disregard anything that paints the team management in a negative light. Assuming said management is well liked.
That's the previous administration. Woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn't really matter. They messed up with the Meyers/Juju thing. If they would have kept Meyers would that have saved their season? No. Does it matter going forward? Not really (we have to see if they keep Juju and if they don't what will he bring to the table next year).

What reports were there that Bill wanted to keep him? Bill was the GM who told Bill no?
Thought I saw something weeks back in one of the threads after Bill was left go that he preferred Jakobi but others in the building preferred JuJu. I could be mistaken.

The rumor was Jakobi wasn't even offered a contract. He confirms they did. The $1M shouldn't be a reason a player leaves, but LV doesn't have a state income tax - so that is significant.

Even with that said, If it's only $1M total (not per year), I think this makes Jakobi look bad and not Bill.

The silver lining in this - Douglas is already looking like a better replacement to Meyers.

Seems to follow along with the general rule of Team Bill.

Something good: Bill
Something bad: Not Bill
Yeah either way he’s the final boss and wasn’t willing to budge. Shame that we find a wr who’s productive in our offense and decide to walk over a million.

The rumor was Jakobi wasn't even offered a contract. He confirms they did. The $1M shouldn't be a reason a player leaves, but LV doesn't have a state income tax - so that is significant.

Even with that said, If it's only $1M total (not per year), I think this makes Jakobi look bad and not Bill.

The silver lining in this - Douglas is already looking like a better replacement to Meyers.
Why would Jakobi look bad? He was a UDFA. He should get every single dollar he can. Bill looks terrible letting a productive receiver walk only to sign and re-sign (Parker) for the two guys to combine for worse stats than Jakobi.

Meyers is an outside guy. Douglas is a slot guy. Meyers also runs better routes than Douglas.

Seems to follow along with the general rule of Team Bill.

Something good: Bill
Something bad: Not Bill
Says the guy who posts the tweet that starts with "Jakobi Meyers: Tells
@FelgerAndMazz that he never felt "respect" when playing in Foxboro"

When the interview shows that to be WAY out of context...and put that way to make the team look bad.

Self-awareness...sheesh.

aaaaaaand Jakobi looks bad because........?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back