PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Quick Thoughts - Sardines Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so 1 play makes people play like another...i see where you are coming from. I just disagree on the name calling. It was a bad play/mental mistake no doubt.

Brady may make a mental mistake every game and probably a dozen good plays and a few spectacular plays.

Sanchez I'd say makes a handful of mental mistakes and maybe a handful of good plays and on occasion a spectacular play. Maybe i need to refer to that as Sanchez-esque and Sanchez like could be for individual-play effort ;).

He was a stupid mistake that Sanchez would make. It makes the play Sanchez-like. It isn't name calling. It is using a comparison to a QB who frequently makes stupid mistakes to show how bad the pass was. I am not insulting Brady. I am just trying to make a statement on how bad the pass was.

Never said it wasn't correctable. Just that they had up and down days with some horrible mistakes that luckily the Dolphins couldn't capitalize on. Granted in Arrington's case, I wonder if it will.

I never said you said it wasn't correctable. I was taking issue with your characterization of the play, which IMO was at best incomplete and at worst incorrect.

Last edited:
He was a stupid mistake that Sanchez would make. It makes the play Sanchez-like. It isn't name calling. It is using a comparison to a QB who frequently makes stupid mistakes to show how bad the pass was. I am not insulting Brady. I am just trying to make a statement on how bad the pass was.

From Field Yates game film review:

6. For the first time in 201 attempts, Brady was intercepted on Sunday, ending a streak of pick-less football that extended over a month-and-a-half period. The throw came in the first quarter on an attempted wheel route to Hernandez down the right sideline, but Dolphins safety Reshad Jones made an amazing play to navigate through traffic, pick up Hernandez in man-to-man coverage and snag the one-handed catch. Credit is due to Jones for the effort, as the throw was one that actually landed in a pretty good spot.

Sanchize like indeed...

So by this logic Sanchez's INT to Peterson yesterday was NOT Sanchez-like?

Just wondering when and where the exemptions apply.

From Field Yates game film review:

Sanchize like indeed...

It was a great play by Jones, but a stupid decision and a bad throw since Jones had a far better shot on the play than Hernandez. Some of the greatest INTs by defenders are on ball that are thrown yards off target. Nothing Yates really wrote states that Brady didn't make a bad decision or make a bad throw.

Seriously, it was one bad pass by Brady. I don't know why people are so defensive. I am usually one of the first people to defend Brady, but that was all on him.

Last edited:
I never said you said it wasn't correctable. I was taking issue with your characterization of the play, which IMO was at best incomplete and at worst incorrect.

Or completely accurate. Just because Talib thought Gregory was supposed to take the hand off of the receiver doesn't mean it is the case. Maybe he was or maybe Talib screw up. This was only Talib's third game here. He could have screwed up the call or assignment.

Without reviewing the play completely, you really can't tell. I could be wrong, but I will wait for Bedard's All 22 review for confirmation of it.

Besides, it was one of several plays Talib got beat. It was the most glaring if he was at fault.

Horrible decision by Brady. Hernandez was blanketed and Brady threw it to place only the defender could catch it. That is a Sanchez patented pass.

Terrible analysis. The throw was headed directly into Hernandez's hands - and the defender wouldn't have caught it if he hadn't turned his head just barely in time.

It was a great play by the defender and a questionable decision by TB. However, the pass was perfectly thrown. TB was just counting on the defender not turning his head in time. Bad decision.

He we go:

1. It wasn't pretty on offense today, but they got it done when it mattered. Brady just seemed off today. I don't know if he was thinking of Gisselle and impending fatherhood or not, but he missed a lot of wide open receivers today. His INT was Sanchez-like.
It was a decent game by the standards of most offenses that aren't from Massachusetts.

1. Granted the rest of the offense had its issues. Too many receivers falling down and running bad routes. The o-line was really down three starters with Mankins not making the trip, Connolley going out quickly, and Vollmer looking like a shadow of himself (reports before the game he looked to be in so much pain that people didn't think he would play). In the end they all stepped up for the most part.
The pass blocking was the worst we have seen in a while and/or the Fins brought the pass rush we have faced in a while.
  1. [*]Kudos to Trevor Scott. We see now what the Pats' like in him. Two sacks including the strip sack that Wilfork recovered the ball. Both Cunningham and Jones gone and the defense seemed better than it was a few weeks ago.
    [*]
Remember he was facing a backup most of the day

Still concerned about the consistency of the secondary. Both Arrington and Talib were up and down all game. Both made some great plays and really bad ones. Luckily Tannenhill and his receivers couldn't capitalize on them and Arrington got away with a facemask call that would have been huge.
You seem to feel consistent means allowing no catches. In the NFL in 2012 thats just not realistic. The corners played well.

I don't buy this was a trap game and the Pats were looking past the Dolphins. I give the Dolphins' defense a lot of credit. They are a good unit and they gave Brady fits at time taking advantage of the Pats' makeshift o-line (something the Jets couldn't do).
You know we won right?

Nothing wrong with that win at all. I only see positives.

Yeah, me too. I was feeling a little bleak about things at the start of Q4 but my tune changed completely after that beautiful clock-killing FG drive to seal the game.

I posted something like this in another thread, but the Pats went out and really seized a close game -- attacking the very strength of the opposing D in the process -- in the 4th quarter. They demonstrated improved mental toughness and execution in the clutch from those three games early in the season where they squandered the lead late. It's really what we'd all been asking for!

Or completely accurate. Just because Talib thought Gregory was supposed to take the hand off of the receiver doesn't mean it is the case. Maybe he was or maybe Talib screw up. This was only Talib's third game here. He could have screwed up the call or assignment.

Without reviewing the play completely, you really can't tell. I could be wrong, but I will wait for Bedard's All 22 review for confirmation of it.

Besides, it was one of several plays Talib got beat. It was the most glaring if he was at fault.

So you say your version is completely accurate, and then turn around and admit it was, as I said, incomplete at best.

Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore