Welcome to PatsFans.com

So there's a game tonight ...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Uncle Rico, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +179 / 0 / -2

No Jersey Selected

I know, it's the dreaded fourth pre-season game and all that. But we'll all be watching, right? So let's discuss.

Curran had a pretty good piece on what to watch and makes a good point about the importance of keeping Hoyer healthy:

Patriots ready to put a bow on preseason
  2. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +352 / 1 / -2

I'm guessing Hoyer will play the first half and Robinson the second. I'd love to see what he does with the #1 OL for a full half, get him some reps working with them, but I'm not sure it's worth risking an injury to a line that doesn't have fantastic depth right now.

I want to see the defensive starters in there at the beginning if the Giants are going with Eli or their starting OL at the beginning. If neither of those things are out there, play the scrubs and get healthy for Cincy.
  3. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I disagree. The most important thing is getting him some reps and experience so if Tom goes down he is ready. I would be less worried about him getting injured and let him play the whole game, for the experience.
  4. sbpatfan

sbpatfan Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you're playing this game with fear of injury at the top of your mind, why the hell even show up? This is, hopefully, the last time Hoyer has a chance to get considerable playing time until next year. I understand guys like Brady and Moss sitting, but we still have a lot of starters that could benefit from playing a few series.
  5. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I'll be at the game tonight and hope the starters play a couple of series.
  6. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +184 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Indeed. I hope they do too, just to keep up the polish and shake out any kinks left in their systems.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.