PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So Sick of hearing charger last 8 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can admit it... this is funny... good one. :D

Look, I give the Chargers a lot of credit for getting out of the Dome of Hell that has it's own special little ref crew, we know it all too well. Hell, I even was rooting for you because it was living last year's nightmare all over again. I just can't bow down because that Colts team just flat out didn't show up. A couple of drops that don't usually happen and we're playing them. Maybe I'm not as fearful as I should be? I don't really know.

I see your point... but on a scale of 1 to 10 where:

1: San Diego dominated the Colts
10: The Colts totally blew it

I'd say that game was more a 4.

Whereas on the same scale re: SD vs. NE last year:

1: New England dominated the Bolts
10: The Bolts totally blew it

That game was more like an 8.

I would simply say that the Chargers outplayed New England but blew it with mental errors and mistakes (and poor coaching). As far as their win against the Colts? I would say that the Chargers played well. The Colts played better. Especially on offense. The Colt errors were not so much mental, rather poor execution.

In addition...if Harrison does not fumble - at least 3 points. If Wayne does not let the ball go through his hands - at least 3 points. If Keith wipes the butter of his hands at the goal line - 7 points. That is a total of 13 points that the Colts left on the field due to mental errors. Not because of the Chargers dominance. No way did San Diego dominate the Colts. Stats speak for themselves:

Colts ran up 446 yards in offense
Chargers had 411

Not a huge disparity, but hardly dominating from a Charger standpoint.

No, it was a great year as far as I am concerned. Denver fans knew it was going to be a transition year with a young quarterback behind center. He passed all the tests with flying colors. Next year they will take the next step.

Sorry to extend this Broncos' thing, but...

The '07 Broncos had only 3 problems:
  • An offense that could run up some yards, but had no frigging idea where the end zone was;
  • A defense that gave up points at a rate that hadn't been seen in that dusty old cow town in more than 40 years;
  • And special teams that, like their predecessors since cave days, uniformly stunk.
Not everyone out there is sold on Cutler being the savior that Shanahan and the press have been painting him as.

Given the expectations that the Post and the News infused their readership with as the season began, there is no way you can label the season just passed as a "success".

Do you have a PR job in the Broncos' front office, or something?

Sorry to extend this Broncos' thing, but...

The '07 Broncos had only 3 problems:
  • An offense that could run up some yards, but had no frigging idea where the end zone was;
  • A defense that gave up points at a rate that hadn't been seen in that dusty old cow town in more than 40 years;
  • And special teams that, like their predecessors since cave days, uniformly stunk.
Not everyone out there is sold on Cutler being the savior that Shanahan and the press have been painting him as.

Given the expectations that the Post and the News infused their readership with as the season began, there is no way you can label the season just passed as a "success".

Do you have a PR job in the Broncos' front office, or something?

I am a firm believer in sabermetrics and the team that moves the ball all day is eventually going to get better at scoring. It's a young team. That was to be expected.

The defense and special teams are of little worry. There's so much turnover in the NFL, these units can be fixed overnight. The important thing is Denver has their quarterback, and that is the primary asset on a football team that determines long-term success (i.e. Brady, Manning, Favre). The Broncos have surrounded our QB with some impressive skill position players such as Brandon Marshall and if we can fortify Cutler with an above-average offensive line, this team is going to be in the postseason tournament year-after-year.

The season was a success because during the last ten years, the team had a ceiling on how far they could go. With Griese and Plummer, playoff bids happened, but none of the teams other than 05 really had a shot at the Super Bowl. Now Denver has a QB and a situation where the ulitimate can occur. This season Denver fans got to see a glimpse of a future where the Broncos will be a year-in, year-out postseason contender because they finally got their signal caller. One who will bring back the stability the franchise enjoyed from 1983-1998.

You say there are some Cutler critics, well those morons don't have any real ammo because the laundry list of positives is multi-fold over any of the petty knocks people have on him.

Didn't read the whole thread, but I say talk up the Chargers all you want. The more (falsely) overconfident they are the better.

I notice OP forgets to mention you guys play Jets, Bills, Dolphins 6 of your games. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Let's look at your over Strength of Schedule which puts the cheaters about ranked 25-26th easiest schedule in the league. Now lets look at the Chargers strength of schedule for the year that puts us at about 8-9 i believe.

Jets, Bills, Dolphins. Thats all I gotta say :p

I notice OP forgets to mention you guys play Jets, Bills, Dolphins 6 of your games. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Let's look at your over Strength of Schedule which puts the cheaters about ranked 25-26th easiest schedule in the league. Now lets look at the Chargers strength of schedule for the year that puts us at about 8-9 i believe.

Facts are your friend.

I am a firm believer in sabermetrics and the team that moves the ball all day is eventually going to get better at scoring. It's a young team. That was to be expected.

The defense and special teams are of little worry. There's so much turnover in the NFL, these units can be fixed overnight. The important thing is Denver has their quarterback, and that is the primary asset on a football team that determines long-term success (i.e. Brady, Manning, Favre). The Broncos have surrounded our QB with some impressive skill position players such as Brandon Marshall and if we can fortify Cutler with an above-average offensive line, this team is going to be in the postseason tournament year-after-year.

The season was a success because during the last ten years, the team had a ceiling on how far they could go. With Griese and Plummer, playoff bids happened, but none of the teams other than 05 really had a shot at the Super Bowl. Now Denver has a QB and a situation where the ulitimate can occur. This season Denver fans got to see a glimpse of a future where the Broncos will be a year-in, year-out postseason contender because they finally got their signal caller. One who will bring back the stability the franchise enjoyed from 1983-1998.

You say there are some Cutler critics, well those morons don't have any real ammo because the laundry list of positives is multi-fold over any of the petty knocks people have on him.

Well, if they can be "fixed overnight", why hasn't that happened? Every year Shanahan brings in 16, 17 candidates for the defensive line, and every year there's less and less of a pass rush, which puts tremendous pressure on the defensive backfield.

Jim Bates was the latest warm body for the DC "Bum of the Month Club". Who's next?

Denver only has so many draft picks, and there is a limit to what they can do in the Free Agent market, due to cap restrictions.

Even in you wildest fantasy, you are willfully ignoring a truism of life in the NFL - rebuilding always takes time, and even then you sometimes don't get it right on the first go-around.

Denver will probably someday make the playoffs, but it's entirely possible Coach Shanahan won't be around to enjoy it.

No Shiiit...ohhhhh, I am sure Tom Brady is having trouble sleeping as McCree wants redemption. Unreal.:rofl:

We can't really talk dude, we play the Chiefs and Raider twice, and the Broncs were pretty sorry too this year.

If the Pats face GB in the SB, they will have played 7 of 11 of the other playoff teams. The most anyone team could play with our scheduling system is 8; the Patriots almost did this by beating Cleveland, a team that likely should have made the playoffs over Titans had Indy not laid down.

Raiders, Chiefs & Denver were 15/33. Miami, NYJ & Buf were 12/36. And we beat all our divisional rivals, unlike SD.

Last edited:
Well, if they can be "fixed overnight", why hasn't that happened? Every year Shanahan brings in 16, 17 candidates for the defensive line, and every year there's less and less of a pass rush, which puts tremendous pressure on the defensive backfield.

Jim Bates was the latest warm body for the DC "Bum of the Month Club". Who's next?

From 2003-2006, Broncos ranked in the top nine in points allowed every season. Denver's D was third in points allowed the year we brought the "Browncos" in. The defense wasn't that much of a problem until Jim Bates got here. He pushed his Miami Dolphins scheme on the defense when they didn't have the talent to run it effectively.

BTW, we have one outstanding pass rusher already in Elvis Dumervil. Denver just needs one of the 07 rookies in Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas and Tim Crowder to step up and compliment Elvis.

When Denver had guys like Plummer and Griese at QB, Shanahan tried hard to put together a lights-out defense. It's pretty difficult to build a defense that plays like the 85 Bears/00 Ravens/76 Steelers etc. Now that the offense is coming along, I think realizes Denver can compete with an above-average defense that doesn't screw it up. That philosophy worked in 97/98.

Patriotic Fervor said:
Denver only has so many draft picks, and there is a limit to what they can do in the Free Agent market, due to cap restrictions.

Even in you wildest fantasy, you are willfully ignoring a truism of life in the NFL - rebuilding always takes time, and even then you sometimes don't get it right on the first go-around.

Denver will probably someday make the playoffs, but it's entirely possible Coach Shanahan won't be around to enjoy it.

Shanahan is here for the long-haul. This is what Pat Bowlen said last week:

"Mike is my coach. For our club, certainly, I think he is the best coach in the NFL."

I see your point... but on a scale of 1 to 10 where:

1: San Diego dominated the Colts
10: The Colts totally blew it

I'd say that game was more a 4.

Whereas on the same scale re: SD vs. NE last year:

1: New England dominated the Bolts
10: The Bolts totally blew it

That game was more like an 8.
Wow how completly unbiased that was

From 2003-2006, Broncos ranked in the top nine in points allowed every season. Denver's D was third in points allowed the year we brought the "Browncos" in. The defense wasn't that much of a problem until Jim Bates got here. He pushed his Miami Dolphins scheme on the defense when they didn't have the talent to run it effectively.

BTW, we have one outstanding pass rusher already in Elvis Dumervil. Denver just needs one of the 07 rookies in Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas and Tim Crowder to step up and compliment Elvis.

When Denver had guys like Plummer and Griese at QB, Shanahan tried hard to put together a lights-out defense. It's pretty difficult to build a defense that plays like the 85 Bears/00 Ravens/76 Steelers etc. Now that the offense is coming along, I think realizes Denver can compete with an above-average defense that doesn't screw it up. That philosophy worked in 97/98.

Shanahan is here for the long-haul. This is what Pat Bowlen said last week:

"Mike is my coach. For our club, certainly, I think he is the best coach in the NFL."
Go away this year they were insignificant. BTW the Rockies suck too. 4-0 sweep,

I would simply say that the Chargers outplayed New England but blew it with mental errors and mistakes (and poor coaching). As far as their win against the Colts? I would say that the Chargers played well. The Colts played better. Especially on offense. The Colt errors were not so much mental, rather poor execution.

In addition...if Harrison does not fumble - at least 3 points. If Wayne does not let the ball go through his hands - at least 3 points. If Keith wipes the butter of his hands at the goal line - 7 points. That is a total of 13 points that the Colts left on the field due to mental errors. Not because of the Chargers dominance. No way did San Diego dominate the Colts. Stats speak for themselves:

Colts ran up 446 yards in offense
Chargers had 411

Not a huge disparity, but hardly dominating from a Charger standpoint.

This is so much BS that its funny.
the chargers did not win....... yaddda yaddda yadda

it like the last time we beat the colts and everyone is talking about
how they blew the chip shot field goal . nobody talks about how san diego
drove the ball for a TD on the opening kick-off.

or returned a punt for a TD !

if you are a chargers fan your team can not win - only the other team can

if if if - if worms had machine guns would birds still #$$% with them ????

Last edited:
This is so much BS that its funny.
the chargers did not win....... yaddda yaddda yadda

it like the last time we beat the colts and everyone is talking about
how they blew the chip shot field goal . nobody talks about how san diego
drove the ball for a TD on the opening kick-off.

or returned a punt for a TD !

if you are a chargers fan your team can not win - only the other team can

if if if - if worms had machine guns would birds still #$$% with them ????

It's not that you can't win... It's just that you didn't win that game earlier this year. I'm more inclined to say you guys earned this win in Indy, but you certainly didn't dominate them.

For as well as your ST played and the fact you drove down the field... It was still the 2 missed FG by AV and the very uncharacteristic 6 INT's by Manning taht had more to do with Indy losing that game. Your Defense played OK in that game as far as turnovers, but your Offense did absolute shyte to help you out after that first TD. If you can't admit that SD was lucky to walk out of it's own stadium that weekend with a win, then you're dellusional.

Last edited:
It's not that you can't win... It's just that you didn't win that game earlier this year. I'm more inclined to say you guys earned this win in Indy, but you certainly didn't dominate them.

For as well as your ST played and the fact you drove down the field... It was still the 2 missed FG by AV and the very uncharacteristic 6 INT's by Manning taht had more to do with Indy losing that game. Your Defense played OK in that game as far as turnovers, but your Offense did absolute shyte to help you out after that first TD. If you can't admit that SD was lucky to walk out of it's own stadium that weekend with a win, then you're dellusional.

we were lucky in a sense since we couldve lost that game as easily as we shouldve won it. We dominated the Colts for one half and we outplayed them in 2 of 3 aspects of the game. Our offense got dominated that day and it almost cost us. We made mistakes as well, (Missed xpt, rivers dropping the ball in the end zone) but we dominated Manning and dominated on ST. That being said even when we won it felt like a loss.

As for last years playoff game. The final drive of the 1st half and that final drive of the game, (damn caldwell) you guys were good. The majority of that game we were in charge and really beat ourselves with fumbled punts, dropped balls, INTs that went back to you guys on a 4th down and bad penalties, to go along with very bad play calling late, bad challenges that wasted timeouts, and a ridiculous 4th and 11 going for it early. All in all it was a bitter loss but a game we didnt deserve for all the mistakes we made. Hopefully we learned from these mistakes, it just stinks the pats are so much better this year than they were last year.

after listening to a couple belichick interviews, he's actually got me worried about the chargers.

when he decides to hang it up as a coach he should go into pr.

after listening to a couple belichick interviews, he's actually got me worried about the chargers.

when he decides to hang it up as a coach he should go into pr.

----------------

He's praising the Chargers now cause I don't see him congratulating the Chargers on Sunday after they upset his team. Remember last year's Mangini episode?

Why is this topic even being discussed? The Patriots are the better team. Period. There is no debate. We beat them 38-14 already and we are 17-0. It starts and ends there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back