PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So Sick of hearing charger last 8 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it was a great year as far as I am concerned. Denver fans knew it was going to be a transition year with a young quarterback behind center. He passed all the tests with flying colors. Next year they will take the next step.

Except for holding onto the ball while scrambling... ;)

All I hear is the Chargers last 8 games they are the best yada yada .

How sick of 17-0 are they?

8 straight is a good streak. A lot of teams would love to own that. Why don't you dig down and find the generosity of a champion? If you can't take this little bitty heat, how are you going to survive two weeks of it?

--------------------

You know the reason the Chargers lost last year: Chargers beat themselves.

McCree still hasn't forgotten that INT in his mind. He wants redemption.

With that logic, is it okay to see the Colts didn't beat you, they beat themselves?

How sick of 17-0 are they?

8 straight is a good streak. A lot of teams would love to own that. Why don't you dig down and find the generosity of a champion? If you can't take this little bitty heat, how are you going to survive two weeks of it?

wtf are you talking about??
we've been surviving 4 months of it.

welcome to significance.

Thanks, I haven't really had the chance to look at who they've been covering this year. I knew that Jammer was a good tackler, and he definitely hits hard, I guess I was just hoping his deep coverage was still an issue. :)

How often would you say the Chargers go to a true Dime against spread formations, and how often do they play one of their LBs on one of the slot guys? I'm blanking on who their fourth corner after Florence is, sorry.

LOL... the 4th corner is a guy you've never heard of... Steve Gregory. Mostly on special teams.

I would say that the Chargers very rarely, if at all, go into a true Dime against a spread formation. They're more likely to bring in an extra safety (Weddle) than a 4th corner. Or we'll have an extra LB in there for coverage. In fact, I can't remember a single time when all 4 corners where in there at once with our 2 starting safeties, McCree & Hart.

Last edited:
Not all of our wins came against good teams, but we still played against them and we still count them as wins. The fact is, the Chargers have played statistically dominant football over the past 8 weeks. Check out the CHFF article. You can't argue with stats.
Seriously, why can't some of you just give an opponent their due? They aren't overrated just because they are playing the Pats. Give them some respect; they beat the 2nd best team in the league.

With that logic, is it okay to see the Colts didn't beat you, they beat themselves?

Oh come on... even you have to be honest here... the Chargers beat themselves vs. the Pats last year. To wit:

1. Parker muffed punt. Instead of falling on it, he tries to pick it up and run. That's on the Chargers.
2. McCree. Intercepted and didn't think about protecting the football. All him.
3. Florence's stupid penalty. ALL HIM.

Those things the Chargers did themselves. The Patriots didn't have a hand in them.

Now... let's look at the Chargers vs. Colts game last Sunday:

1. 4th and whatever with goal to go. Merriman forced Manning to throw when he wasn't ready. That's Chargers.
2. Weddle's goal line interception. He was blocked with a 300 pound lineman in his face. Reached out, tipped the ball to himself and came down with it. All him to.

We took action against the Colts to win that game.

LOL... the 4th corner is a guy you've never heard of... Steve Gregory. Mostly on special teams.

I would say that the Chargers very rarely, if at all, go into a true Dime against a spread formation. They're more likely to bring in an extra safety (Weddle) than a 4th corner. Or we'll have an extra LB in there for coverage. In fact, I can't remember a single time when all 4 corners where in there at once with our 2 starting safeties, McCree & Hart.

Thanks for answering, I was worried we might get lost in a debate over the merits of the 2007 Broncos. For me, the key to any defense going against the Pats this year will be how they respond to the spread. This was the key question to me for the Jags game, and as we saw the Pats underneath threats picked them apart. For me, that's the key for the Chargers as well.

Oh come on... even you have to be honest here... the Chargers beat themselves vs. the Pats last year. To wit:

1. Parker muffed punt. Instead of falling on it, he tries to pick it up and run. That's on the Chargers.

Those things the Chargers did themselves. The Patriots didn't have a hand in them.

ok, now list me all the mistakes the pats made, genius.
that should've been a 20 point game --- I think the chargers were the lucky ones.

Thanks for answering, I was worried we might get lost in a debate over the merits of the 2007 Broncos. For me, the key to any defense going against the Pats this year will be how they respond to the spread. This was the key question to me for the Jags game, and as we saw the Pats underneath threats picked them apart. For me, that's the key for the Chargers as well.

No prob... I was worried for a moment there that the thread got hijacked by the God-awful Broncos.

But back to the topic at hand, that worries me too. That's why I hope the forecast of 20-25 mph wind holds up. Hopefully it will limit the passing game for both teams, although with Brady who knows? The guy is a beast. But if it was running game vs. running game, I think we win. No matter how great LM has been recently. He's not match for our trio of LT, M. Turner, and Sproles. Pats fan may have a hard time swallowing that, but our run game is not JUST LT!

Now... let's look at the Chargers vs. Colts game last Sunday:

1. 4th and whatever with goal to go. Merriman forced Manning to throw when he wasn't ready. That's Chargers.
2. Weddle's goal line interception. He was blocked with a 300 pound lineman in his face. Reached out, tipped the ball to himself and came down with it. All him to.

We took action against the Colts to win that game.

Wow. I agree with last year's Patriot game. But please, give me a break on the Colt game. The Cromartie interception was on a ball that should have been caught (was tipped). The Weddle interception was on another tipped ball that should have been caught. It was a great play, but please. The Harrison fumble was just plain weak. The Colts moved the ball up and down the field.

The Colts had blown coverages twice. The Chargers did not take it to the Colts. The Colts did what San Diego did to themselves last year against the Patriots.

ok, now list me all the mistakes the pats made, genius.
that should've been a 20 point game --- I think the chargers were the lucky ones.

Come on now... you may have made some mistakes too, but ours were fatal.

Come on now... you may have made some mistakes too,

:rofl::rofl:

ya think?

when they don't make those mistakes it ends up being 38-14.
we'll get to put all this to the test on sunday, though.

Come on now... you may have made some mistakes too, but ours were fatal.

As were the Colts last week. You can't have it both ways. If you say you beat yourselves last year, you have to say the Colts beat themselves this year. Marvin didn't fumble that ball, that game could have been over.

Wow. I agree with last year's Patriot game. But please, give me a break on the Colt game. The Cromartie interception was on a ball that should have been caught (was tipped). The Weddle interception was on another tipped ball that should have been caught. It was a great play, but please. The Harrison fumble was just plain weak. The Colts moved the ball up and down the field.

The Colts had blown coverages twice. The Chargers did not take it to the Colts. The Colts did what San Diego did to themselves last year against the Patriots.

I see your point... but on a scale of 1 to 10 where:

1: San Diego dominated the Colts
10: The Colts totally blew it

I'd say that game was more a 4.

Whereas on the same scale re: SD vs. NE last year:

1: New England dominated the Bolts
10: The Bolts totally blew it

That game was more like an 8.

As were the Colts last week. You can't have it both ways. If you say you beat yourselves last year, you have to say the Colts beat themselves this year. Marvin didn't fumble that ball, that game could have been over.

rivers forced that fumble by screaming obscenities at him from across the field.

8 game winning streaks are less impressive when the opponent has won 17 in a row. Excuse me if I'm not impressed. Heck, the Colts were on a longer streak when NE played them earlier this year.

I'm certainly not taking that bet with the way NE is protecting the ball. And I agree, I keep hearing about SD creating turnovers but no one mentions how NE avoids them.

Let's not forget, too, that several of those turnovers came at the end of the season, when Brady was trying to force-feed Moss so he could get the record.

They count as turnovers, yes, but you have to be mindful of the circumstances surrounding them.

These circumstances no longer exist.

Yes,they stunk at the beginning of the season (new coaches,etc) but you can only play who's on your schedule.

And, it's not like you choose who you play the last 8 games.

So,the Chargers opponents winning percentage their last 8 games-.440

And, the Patriots opponents winning percentage their last 8 games - .464

Make of it what you will

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft