PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So...Pats' possible moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @$$hole What are you trying to say? Where is your "Glorious" ultra intelligent post?

The question was which rumor do you think would possibly happen? At least that's what I got out of it. I'd love a Peppers signing but when you have all the FA's the Patriots have right now and Brady needing an extentsion I just don't see it happening.

Why do we need another ALWAYS HURT WR to add to a depleted roster? Cromartie had one good season the rest were mediocre as the same for Maroney. A trade for Cromartie for Maroney is a wash in my book.

ahaha he's on your side dumbass. :singing:

I say NONE.............no way the Seahawks keep Branch and teams know that. Why give them something when you know you can get him for nothing. Along with that why would you want Branch who's always hurt? Moss hurt, Welker hurt, Tate hurt and Branch hurt. Wouldn't it make sense to finally get a healthy wide reciever?

Why? Because the Seahawks keeping Branch under their "cap" until they need to cut him (before Week 1, when he can apply for termination pay) isn't a problem because their isn't a cap. That's their leverage.

The Chargers are NOT trading for Maroney,Where do these freaking rumors come from?

Koolaids ghost writer, Albert Breer.

Hes coming out with a story how Maroney is ready to break out this season. And, this time he really means it.

VIP-Header-995.jpg

Why not? Do you have a link that says that?
If you think about it, it does make sense. Two underachievers.
DW Toys

Miles Austin. That would be the receiver they should pursue IMO. Young/Strong/Fast...a game breaker when given the opportunity. Dallas is foolish not to franchise him.

Miles Austin. That would be the receiver they should pursue IMO. Young/Strong/Fast...a game breaker when given the opportunity. Dallas is foolish not to franchise him.

He's tendered by the Cowpokes

Why not? Do you have a link that says that?
If you think about it, it does make sense. Two underachievers.
DW Toys

One of them has a really bad hip and is very, very stupid. It was said that he had a very hard time READING at FSU. How is he supposed to be able to pick up this defense? No thanks. I'd rather hang on to Maroney.

- Branch getting traded to the Pats for a 4th round pick
He will be released

- Pats signing Peppers- Too much $$$.

- Pats trading Maroney for Cromartie - He can't tackle well.

One of them has a really bad hip and is very, very stupid. It was said that he had a very hard time READING at FSU. How is he supposed to be able to pick up this defense? No thanks. I'd rather hang on to Maroney.

Since when does Cromartie have a really bad hip? He played with a broken hip in 08 but it wasn't an issue in 2009. I haven't heard of any lingering effects that it had on his play.

It doesn't take rocket science to play CB in the NFL. I don't think academics are THAT important in the NFL. Things like the Wonderlic test are overrated. Some guys aren't standouts in the classroom but have football smarts/good instincts. I think if you take his raw skills and athleticism and have him working with Belichick, it would bring out the best in him.

Predicting the Pats' moves gives me a headache:attention:

Hey @$$hole What are you trying to say? Where is your "Glorious" ultra intelligent post?

The question was which rumor do you think would possibly happen? At least that's what I got out of it. I'd love a Peppers signing but when you have all the FA's the Patriots have right now and Brady needing an extentsion I just don't see it happening.

Why do we need another ALWAYS HURT WR to add to a depleted roster? Cromartie had one good season the rest were mediocre as the same for Maroney. A trade for Cromartie for Maroney is a wash in my book.
Geez, it would be funny to see what you would write if someone disagreed with you. :p

We have, in the Patsfans rumor mill:

- Pats signing Peppers
- Pats trading Maroney for Cromartie

If they're able to do that, keep Bodden, extend Wilfork and Brady, and not kill the team for the future....heck, I'm all for it!

1) Pats don't have a 4th round pick.
2) I won't say that the Pats signing Peppers won't happen. But I don't think he's the answer at OLB in the 3-4.
3) Box_of_Rocks had a link up in the Draft Forum that had San Diego trading Cromartie to Dallas for Tashard Choice. The thing is that I don't believe trades are allowed until after the start of free agency. Also, I doubt that the Chargers are willing to send the Pats a CB who they will have to face this year.

Well, it is likely that there will be no cap this year. So the more important number from Miguel's page is that the Pats have only committed about $64 million in actual payroll. Since 2004, the lowest payroll they have had is about $94 million (according to USA Today which Jonathan Kraft says is a low estimate). So, the Pats have about $30 million to go before they have matched their lowest payroll since they have won their last Super Bowl and about $60 million to match their largest. And team revenues have grown significantly since 2004.

Even with no cap, many teams are talking about using the $132-$135 million as their absolute MAX and still doing the Cap accounting in the event that 2011 has a cap again.

Just a side note. Team revenues haven't grown that much since 2004. What has grown is the amount that teams are forced to use in determining the cap number. Which actually hurts their total revenues.

We have, in the Patsfans rumor mill:

- Pats signing Peppers
- Pats trading Maroney for Cromartie

If they're able to do that, keep Bodden, extend Wilfork and Brady, and not kill the team for the future....heck, I'm all for it!

Forget about Bodden, Wilfork, Mankins, Faulk, Watson, TBC & Brady; Bill just gave a 2nd-round tender to Pierre Woods! Woo-Hoo! Super Bowl here we come!

Dallas doesn't need to franchise Miles Austin. They can apply the top tier RFA Tender to him and save themselves about 5.2 million dollars, but it would cost other teams a 1st and 3rd round choice to sign him.. Not to mention that the RFA tender gives Dallas the right to match.

Is it the 2nd round tender? I'd use a 2nd on him.

Use the 1st and 3rd round tender to let him know he's wanted in Dallas and scare others away...

If they use a 2nd, he's guaranteed to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes