PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So far, Bill is doing a great job this offseason. The next step: restructure Danny's contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg

Dear NE Patriot Army Supporters,

I write this with extreme sadness over the recently arrived news of Gen. Brady agreeing to stay in command of the field forces for an extra 2 campaigns! My dear husband I'm afraid has finally broken down completely, as he left our rural town home late last night screaming "I'll never succeed on the field of battle". I fear for his safety as it was my intention to talk him into joining President Belichick in order for him to fully realize his capabilities of field general. Now if I can find him out there in the wilderness, I have to nurse him back to some form of good mental health. That will not be an easy task. Oh how lucky you are to have such leaders!

Slowly turning to you,

Abigaile

I thought you were going to say trade Chandler Jones and sign Mario Williams... :(

For me it is simple:

1. Cut cannon
2. Restructure amendola
3. Extend both Hightower and Collins
4. Sign Mitchell Schwartz (surprise vollmer cut if this happens), Marvin jones, and a solid vet guard like jahri Evans
5. Target receiver and running back in the draft

How much do they save by cutting Cannon?

I am drinking large glasses of the kool-aid and I really hope Amendola is back...

Amendola absolutely needs to be restructured. He's not worth his current cap hit and there is no way BB will keep him on his current contract. Cutting him post June 1st saves us nearly $5.5 million in cap space, no reason not to do so if he refuses a restructure. I know that our current WR depth is razor thin with LaFell gone and Dobson still being glass but we could get equal contribution from other WRs for smaller cap hit.

We save up to $3.7 million by cutting Cannon. Since he still hasn't been cut yet I'm guessing that they will keep him until camp since his cap savings don't change. I'm pretty sure he's a Scar guy as well which is why he isn't cut yet.

Need a second TE to go with Gronk, I'd rather have one that can at least block, if he can get open and catch the ball even better.
BB'S plans are already made, we get to sit back and watch it unfold.

For me it is simple:

1. Cut cannon
2. Restructure amendola
3. Extend both Hightower and Collins
4. Sign Mitchell Schwartz (surprise vollmer cut if this happens), Marvin jones, and a solid vet guard like jahri Evans
5. Target receiver and running back in the draft

Relying on the draft to fill our now glaring need at WR and RB would be an unmitigated disaster.

He's happy that you approve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back