PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So far, Bill is doing a great job this offseason. The next step: restructure Danny's contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my list:

Solidify the OL (probably a small vet signing or two while Dante's School of Dancing Bears gets back to business) and cut Cannon.

Extend Hightower, Collins, possibly Butler. Maybe throw Sheard in there as well.

Resign Hicks, dude was a beast.

Splash FA/trade moveS at WR. (Maybe Mario Williams comes at a reasonable price and we try to move Jones? Jimmy Grapes?). Restructure ot flat out cut DA depending on said moves.

Double dip at RB in the draft, haven't looked at many possibilities, Taylor's kid maybe? What little I've watched, he seems to have ridiculous lateral mobility, think I read he hasn't fumbled in his collegiate career...no extra gear when he's in space however.

Couple cheap FA signings at lb, of the "see what sticks to the wall variety."

The Pats are putting themselves in a great position to make some signings of guys on their own roster but sadly they don't have much I think they will be doing as far as FAs

I would be looking to get a big time impact player at a need position but i don't think that will be happening.

No skill position player at WR/TE blows my hair back and though maybe Doug Martin or such at RB is interesting I just don't see BB doing it.

You could try to improve the OT position but really it would likely only be a depth move. Guard you can definitely improve but that is a spot you want to give the youngins a chance to fill and not a great spot to invest too much money IMO.

On defense a pass rusher be nice but who do you get ride of? Nink? Jones? How much of an upgrade do you get? a 3rd/2nd CB could make sense but idk.

I don't feel there is that be splash perfect fit FA out there for us this year like Revis in 2014.

Per Miguel extending Hightower and Chandler Jones would give us MORE cap space to use this year so this can't be all about extending our own guys.

While true, they may be looking towards extending guys like Collins and Butler as well. After all, they should.

I would love to see Forte sign with the Pats ! Him and Lewis together would be amazing.

You put Forte in the backfield with Lewis and keep Gronk on the line and opposing defense will have no idea whether it's a run or pass.

Bill needs to go the extra mile this off-season, for Brady's sake, and sign all of:
LG/LT/RT/RG Kelechi Osemele
WR Marvin Jones
TE Coby Fleener
and then use his draft picks - wisely - on LT/RT, RB, WR, LG, LB & CB.

I hope Amendola is back as well, just not at his current numbers. I think he loves playing in New England and would be open to a restructure, I could be totally wrong though.

They NEED to do something at WR. We cannot go through 2006 and 2013 again. Not with Brady's age.
Agreed. Just need to make sure he has more than 1.7 seconds to get a pass off.

I hope Amendola is back as well, just not at his current numbers. I think he loves playing in New England and would be open to a restructure, I could be totally wrong though.

Depends on the restructure. He'll be 31 in November. If he's making more $2m next year I'll be surprised.

Amendola reportedly has incentive to stay in New England.. Victoria Culpo.

images

Per Miguel extending Hightower and Chandler Jones would give us MORE cap space to use this year so this can't be all about extending our own guys.

yes and no, it would save us cap room this year if it was structured the way he laid out. It could just as easy cost us more, if BB did not want to kick the $$$ down the road a bit.

They can not cut Amendola and I don't know why BB cut Lefell before having Amendola on the dotted line.

I agree they need a veteran WR but I think they could fill the RB spot in the draft.
I actually think the team is going to double dip at WR in FA and work on the OL and RB through the draft.

I actually think the team is going to double dip at WR in FA and work on the OL and RB through the draft.

Very possible although the number of quality FAs is limited. I do think Braxton Miller is a strong possibility but then I'm often wrong on 'ideal Patriots' in the draft. BB certainly tried to go big on offence in FA last year so I can certainly see him doing it again this off-season.

Very possible although the number of quality FAs is limited. I do think Braxton Miller is a strong possibility but then I'm often wrong on 'ideal Patriots' in the draft. BB certainly tried to go big on offence in FA last year so I can certainly see him doing it again this off-season.
I don't think we're going to see a blockbuster. I think Boldin and Colston are more realistic possibilities. I wouldn't complain about Miller either, though.

The thread was about the net step Folks include 5 or 6

I don't think we're going to see a blockbuster. I think Boldin and Colston are more realistic possibilities. I wouldn't complain about Miller either, though.

I don't really see the point in off-loading LaFell for only marginal (if that) upgrades.Do they save money by signing Boldin and Colston. Boldin is good but is he that much of an upgrade over LaFell when he'll only be a #3 receiver (including Gronk)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back