PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sleeper Key to the Game: Special Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxJock1120

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I think a very importrant part of this game is gonna come down to the return yards on punts and kickoffs. Hobbs has been pretty good, but he hasn't taken any to the house in a long time, even though the record breaker against the Jets was sweet. And Welker needs to keep returning punts, I am personally not too happy watching anyone else do it, Wes doesn't take to the house often but still gets every yard out of a return. I really hope BB doesn't keeps a revolving door open at punt returns, JUST LET WELKER DO IT!!!!? Any thoughts

Special teams will be a big factor in this game. I tend to focus more on the coverage side of special teams. Had we not let Hixon return the kickoff to the house in the first game the Pats would have won by double digits. If we can limit the return yardage of the Giants I think they will have a hard time consistently scoring points. I can't imagine She-li having too many 80+ yard drives. As long as the Pats can win the field position battle, this game shouldn't be too competative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST