PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XLVI: Cecil Shorts - Former JAX WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much as I want defense to be the free agency priority I would love to see them sign Shorts and Bush then trade for Mathis.

The Reggie Bush ship sailed..

Stevie has been a WR1 before. I don't see that potential in Shorts, who has been the king of garbage time yardage.

Shorts was the #1 WR in Jax the past 2 years. Just sayin..

The Reggie Bush ship sailed..

So I saw. And upon further evaluation I'm glad they did because they really need a back who gives them more than receiving ability out of the backfield. They are going to find it really tough to run between the tackles in the AFCE and they have to find a back who can hurt teams outside because the AFCE teams are strong at DL but weak at LB.

So I saw. And upon further evaluation I'm glad they did because they really need a back who gives them more than receiving ability out of the backfield. They are going to find it really tough to run between the tackles in the AFCE and they have to find a back who can hurt teams outside because the AFCE teams are strong at DL but weak at LB.

If the Pats improve at Guard the way they need to, then I'm not sure I am going to worry about running between the tackles because it will happen.. But I do agree that they need someone who can hit the edge.. Blount can do that.. Gray can to a lesser extent.. That is supposed to be what White is good at.. It will be interesting to see what Gaffney can do..

What about Crabtree or Jennings?

Crabtree, Jennings, Bowe, S.Johnson, Shorts---I'd have to imagine that most of these will be considered, and that value will be the usual biggest factor in the process. I certainly wouldn't mind Shorts, although the price may be a factor, as well as what Belichick thinks about the need for something more of a typical possession receiver. If that's the case then maybe Jennings or Bowe could be had on a relatively good deal?

Either way, I think we may see a better group of WRs 1-4 this season than we're used to, with the potential for one of Dobson/Boyce/Tyms/Dorsey to step up and make plays.

@RapSheet: Smart option RT @McClain_on_NFL: FA WR Cecil Shorts III is visiting with Texans today.

@RapSheet: Smart option RT @McClain_on_NFL: FA WR Cecil Shorts III is visiting with Texans today.
That be a good signing for them.
If we lose out on Johnson Shorts would be a viable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back