PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shoulder Surgery for Aaron Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack Herron

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m

#Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez underwent shoulder surgery this offseason, I'm told, likely knocking him out of OTAs and mini-camp this spring.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/324117972404801536
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/16/hernandez-shoulder-surgery-another-issue-for-pats/

While the Patriots employ a cast of thousands at the position, being without the two best will complicate things this offseason, pushing off for months any attempt to get the offense ready for the season.
Each of our top three TEs trying to overcome surgery.

That is from crapsheet. Any reputable sources confirm?

this team and injuries..it is starting to get pretty funny. 2 TEs dealing with surgery,our #1 WR that is injury prone.deep breaths. deep breaths

Luckily we have Jones and jenkins

As long as he and Gronkowski will be on the field come September, they should do whatever they need to do to get healthy.

I am not concerned yet. Odds are it was just a simple scope to clean up something. Players go through this all the time and show no ill effect during the season. If we find out it was something more, then I will worry.

Hopefully "Molasses Mike" Jenkins can carry the offense during this year of mend and low ball dealings. Plan B is really coming together well.

Jenkins and Jones ftw. Intriguing prospects especially Jenkins at the age of 30. Everyone knows that the year 10 jump will make him a beast!!

While injury is never a good thing, if Hernandez does miss some time this offseason hopefully Brady can use that time to get a rookie WR (or two, or three) into the offense. I think one of the issues we have had in the past is the 1st team offense is set, Brady knows who his guys are so he tries to perfect his game with them because they will likely be on the field. That has made it difficult for the guys down the depth chart to get snaps with Brady and create that connection. Without Welker (and potentially Gronk and Hernandez) for the offseason, Brady will be forced to throw to new targets and get guys involved. This might be the perfect time to try and infuse a rookie WR into the offense. Obviously I would much prefer Hernandez (and Gronk) to be 100% healthy all the time, but I don't think they require a lot of time to get back into it once they are fully healthy.

Wait a minute, didn't Hernandez rent a house in Cali to train with Tom Brady ? I thought he already did some training with Brady ? Did he have the surgery afterwards ?

Hopefully "Molasses Mike" Jenkins can carry the offense during this year of mend and low ball dealings. Plan B is really coming together well.

I actually gut laughed at this. Now THIS is how you troll.

If he misses training camp..i will deff worry..OTA arn't as big especially since he knows the system...but man...these TE's can't catch a break. 2 amazing TEs but always have this injury cloud over them so early in their careers

Welker was offered a higher contract from NE then Denver. Welker left for less money.

Please stop drinking the coolaid.

Vxk9P.jpg

Are people actually freaking out over Hernandez missing OTAs? Some people just need to find things to complain about, I guess.

Are people actually freaking out over Hernandez missing OTAs? Some people just need to find things to complain about, I guess.

I don't think people are worried about the OTAs at all...think they are just saying like me...add another thing to the list

shoulder surgery isn't knee surgery. If it's just a scope, it will heal in a few weeks if he does his mobility rehab.

Some need to feel like the sky is constantly falling.

Welker was offered a higher contract from NE then Denver. Welker left for less money.

The Patriots refused to match, stop shining Kraft's knob.

How do you miss the irony of your post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back