PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats trade Maroney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we should trade him with his contract being so little

On 85% of teams in the NFL Maroney would likely have been a 3rd stringer at best

He has only had 6 games of 80 or more yards in 3 years surrounded by injuries galore

I think the Patriots will be looking for a back in rounds 2 or 3 next season

2006 draft was not the best for sure

We wouldn't get anything for him at this point. So we might as well let him play it out. Is there a single guy from the 2006 draft still an ACTIVE member of the Pats squad?

Should've traded him while we had the chance and he still had some value to him.

Now we wouldn't be able to get ANYTHING for the guy. He'll be labeled injury prone for the rest of his career.

IMO Maroney is a cancer. Bad attitude and very WEAK.

*ROFLMAO* Where do you get that he's got a Bad attitude and that he's very weak?

I have news for you, Pennington isn't considered injury prone anymore. And neither is Kevin Faulk.

Part of the problem with people and their crappy attitude towards Maroney is that it was their incorrect expectations of him when he was drafted. Maroney has never been a true North/South runner. And though he can run with power, he's not a north/south power runner. If the O-line blocked for him the way they blocked for Morris last night, you'd be singing a different tune.

We wouldn't get anything for him at this point. So we might as well let him play it out. Is there a single guy from the 2006 draft still an ACTIVE member of the Pats squad?

A team with a stronger zone blocking scheme might want to try him out. I'd like to see Maroney off the Pats at this point but that doesn't mean he can't do well somewhere else, and I could see plenty of GMs offering something weak to modest for him.

Part of the problem with people and their crappy attitude towards Maroney is that it was their incorrect expectations of him when he was drafted. Maroney has never been a true North/South runner. And though he can run with power, he's not a north/south power runner. If the O-line blocked for him the way they blocked for Morris last night, you'd be singing a different tune.

I think the O-line showed last night that they are more than capable at blocking for a North/South runner but not for somebody like Maroney. If this keeps up it will be more profitable for the team to just continue with the power runners rather than sticking with Maroney and BB will see that.

Re: Maroney Trade

while I think trading Maroney at this point is stupid, looking back (hindsight being 20/20 of course), I would rather the pats drafted his college teamate Marion barber..

Well Maroney was the 21st overall pick in Rd1, and Barber was the 109th Overall pick in Rd4..
Yet Barber was picked 167 spots ahead of Maroney, so that would really be a fantastic trick for the FO to pull off.

*ROFLMAO* Where do you get that he's got a Bad attitude and that he's very weak?

I have news for you, Pennington isn't considered injury prone anymore. And neither is Kevin Faulk.

Did you see Morris dance behind the line last night? No you didn't.

Do you know why? Because he unlike your boy does not dance behind the line. The line must hate blocking for someone who can't find a hole. Maybe he needs glasses.

I think the O-line showed last night that they are more than capable at blocking for a North/South runner but not for somebody like Maroney. If this keeps up it will be more profitable for the team to just continue with the power runners rather than sticking with Maroney and BB will see that.

I'll be honest, I think that Maroney could easily run with the type of blocking they used last night...

Did you see Morris dance behind the line last night? No you didn't.

Do you know why? Because he unlike your boy does not dance behind the line. The line must hate blocking for someone who can't find a hole. Maybe he needs glasses.

You didn't see him "dance behind the line" because the line was actually opening holes, which they doing with extreme inconsistency in the 1st 5 games.. Jesus. Take your head out of your behind for a change.

Maybe you should get some glasses and re-watch the 1st 5 games because you'll see that Morris had more trouble running the ball than Maroney did. But far be it from you to admit that.

Maroney isn't MY BOY. I just believe that the ignorant ones like yourself look at things in a vacuum and can't be bothered to look at the entire picture. So you jump to incorrect conclusions.

You didn't see him "dance behind the line" because the line was actually opening holes, which they doing with extreme inconsistency in the 1st 5 games.. Jesus. Take your head out of your behind for a change.

Maybe you should get some glasses and re-watch the 1st 5 games because you'll see that Morris had more trouble running the ball than Maroney did. But far be it from you to admit that.

Maroney isn't MY BOY. I just believe that the ignorant ones like yourself look at things in a vacuum and can't be bothered to look at the entire picture. So you jump to incorrect conclusions.

I have been watching the game for a very long time.

I can tell the difference between a good RB and a bad RB.

How is it that you get to call people names and keep your green square and my square goes red because I question the Patriots pass rush?

I have been watching the game for a very long time.

I can tell the difference between a good RB and a bad RB.

How is it that you get to call people names and keep your green square and my square goes red because I question the Patriots pass rush?

The mods are biased. DaBruinz insults people all the time and never gets warned. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Last edited:
A 2nd rounder? 3rd rounder at worst? LOL! Are you serious? This fragile piece of glass wouldn't fetch us a ham and cheese sandwich. Good lord. The kid sucks. Admit it people!

I agree. At this point we might have to give a team a draft pick to take the sad sack. Knowing SloMo, he will prolly tear a hammy on the way to the airport.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes