PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats trade Maroney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillEM

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else want to see this?

We don't need him. We are doing RB by commitee and Morris, Faulk, Jordan would do just fine.

Let's face it. Maroney will never be able to carry the load. Is meant for a 2-back system. Is constantly injured.

Can we just get rid of this guy while we can still get something decent in return?

Possibly a 2nd rounder? 3rd rounder at worst.

Re: Maroney Trade

If we throw in Cassel maybe we could get a 1st.

It's not likely gonna happen.

Anyone else want to see this?

We don't need him. We are doing RB by commitee and Morris, Faulk, Jordan would do just fine.

Let's face it. Maroney will never be able to carry the load. Is meant for a 2-back system. Is constantly injured.

Can we just get rid of this guy while we can still get something decent in return?

Possibly a 2nd rounder? 3rd rounder at worst.
Let me get this straight. You say:
1)we should trade maroney because he can't carry the load himself, and
2) we will be fine with a running back by committee approach without him

HUH???

If we are doing RB by committee we don't need ANY of the backs to carry the load.

Also, neither Faulk nor Morris can carry the load by himself, and probably not Jordan.

And if three backs are good, what is wrong with a fourth back? Did you not see the playoff games we lost over the last three years? In each one, we needed a RB because of INJURIES.

We finally have a good system and you want to wreck it because maroney is only averaging 4 yards a carry?

Are you nuts?

**sigh** This is the kind of clear thinking that comes from excessive methane exposure during cranial rectal immersion. It presupposes the impressions drawn while watching a play from the stands or live on TV are more accurate than coach's film, or even recorded TV broadcasts replayed in slow motion.
epic_fail.jpg

**sigh** This is the kind of clear thinking that comes from excessive methane exposure during cranial rectal immersion. It presupposes the impressions drawn while watching a play from the stands or live on TV are more accurate than coach's film, or even recorded TV broadcasts replayed in slow motion.
epic_fail.jpg

Well you know how it is, Box.

Brady got injured, and having seen a couple games since then, one of which we lost, we can conclusively declare Tom Brady to have been the only competent member of the squad, front office, or coaching staff over seven years.

Everything was Tom, and this is without a doubt now the worst team that ever played, and the Miami loss was the worst game ever played, and every decision made in the last 7 years was the wrong one, with the exception of the pure good fortune of getting Brady with a 6th in what, 99? 2000? I forget.

So naturally the thing to do is rebuild the team, having established that the front office and coaching staff are utter failures, now that Tom's injured and the rest of the team had a down game.

First step: get one of them teams still convinced that the Pats know what they're doing to give us a second string journeyman O-lineman or a 2nd round pick for Maroney, because that Dolphins game definitely trumps a run of good performances down the stretch last season or other productive periods. It's pretty clear that without Tom Brady, Maroney can't run a copying machine.

And with that 2nd round pick, maybe after we fire the whole front office and coaching staff, we can pick some guy all my draftnik boards say will be real real good. We might get the next KiJana Carter!

Yeah let's do it.

I can has therapy... :beersign:

i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg

while I think trading Maroney at this point is stupid, looking back (hindsight being 20/20 of course), I would rather the pats drafted his college teamate Marion barber..

whatever it is, he has not been a work horse so far. I wish he have some one like barber to take the load off Tom or the current situation that we have. I guess time and patience both are running out ...

There I said it, let the flaming begin :bricks:

Well you have to admit, Maroney was completely useless in the Dolphins game...

Are there always classic "throw so-and-so overboard" threads on the bye week?
Pure entertainment.

I missed that headline in this morning's newspaper.

While we are it, how about trading TB also? We should get at least a third or fourth rounder, right? And best - maybe do a package deal for BB and SP also. :D

while I think trading Maroney at this point is stupid, looking back (hindsight being 20/20 of course), I would rather the pats drafted his college teamate Marion barber..

Everyone in New England would have preferred that.

Maroney has started 8 games since being drafted in 2006. He's made of glass.

He couldn't excel even with the greatest passing offense of all-time and the best offensive line in 2007 complimenting him. Now he has Matt Cassel and the 2008 version of the offensive line. Good luck!

funny-pictures-cats-play-a-colorblind-edition-of-twister.jpg

Trades just don't happen in football like that. Playing along, though, I'd be quite happy to extend Jordan through 2010 (Morris already is signed through then) to give us those two for two years after this and trade Maroney for a #2 pick.

Make fun of me all you like, I don't think our running game would notice the difference and we need to continue to accumulate youth and speed on defense.

Make fun of me all you like, I don't think our running game would notice the difference and we need to continue to accumulate youth and speed on defense.
funny-pictures-kitten-gives-his-friend-a-cheeseburger.jpg

millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes