PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Patriots bring back Yodny Cajuste? (Waived by Jets with Injury Designation)

At this point I'd rather first look to find somebody with more substantial Left Tackle experience; Cachoo would probably be just another Right Tackle candidate, of which we have many.
Trent is the LT.. at least he's projected to be there. I believe we need some interior help on the right side. We are just so thin. However the team ask all of thier lineman to be interchangeable and be able to play multiple spots.

One of the moderators gave this question it's own thread. Yesterday I posted this question as part of an old thread.
At that time, there was a headline about Cajuste being waved and it was not made clear that he was injured until sometime later.

One of the moderators gave this question it's own thread. Yesterday I posted this question as part of an old thread.
At that time, there was a headline about Cajuste being waved and it was not made clear that he was injured until sometime later.
Even if he was not injured, he sucks

yes, but he is just about ready to hand over those photos to Bill Murray
Bill Murray Reaction GIF

Injury wise he's worse than Wynn/Lose. :rolleyes:
No Way Do Not Want GIF

Sounds like it’s McDermott. During yesterday’s practice when they got into the personnel expected to play tomorrow, it was McDermott at LT and Sow at RT with Brown and Reiff sitting out. From what I’ve ready, Stueber has only played LT while Sow has only played RT. They each have college experience on the other side though.
I think Brown at LT and McDermott at RT are the expected starters for game 1 with Reiff the swing tackle. I don’t think Sow is ready yet and Stueber has rarely been mentioned in OTA’s, minis and training camp. When Anderson comes back he will be the primary backup at LT IMO.

Jeesuz… re-sign a guy the Jests just cut due to injury and we cut because he was perpetually injured because a FA we signed is currently injured despite no career history of injuries?

Teams are at 90 man rosters, some teams are way over the salary cap. There are teams who have old but talented OT’s who will see their young OT play well and cut the old guy to save money… or trade him.

Wait for camp cut downs, then fill out your roster. We don’t even know what we have in Sow or if Calvin Anderson will come off the NFI list next week. Have some patience.
No. We have a purpose.

Trent is the LT.. at least he's projected to be there. I believe we need some interior help on the right side. We are just so thin. However the team ask all of thier lineman to be interchangeable and be able to play multiple spots.

The norm in the NFL is to have one very good OL starter, two average starters, and two starters who are questionable. On the bench, two guys who are OK as fill ins, and then 2-3 developmental youngsters with unknown ceilings (including the practice squad).

The Pats have two very good starters (C and RG), one average to potentially very good starter (LG), a LT that's above average but injury prone, and questionable candidates at RT. The depth is good enough that at least one player they cut will end up on another roster.

Yes, it is a weak spot on the roster, but that's a good thing, because it is a commentary on the rest of the roster, not on the OL.

The norm in the NFL is to have one very good OL starter, two average starters, and two starters who are questionable. On the bench, two guys who are OK as fill ins, and then 2-3 developmental youngsters with unknown ceilings (including the practice squad).

The Pats have two very good starters (C and RG), one average to potentially very good starter (LG), a LT that's above average but injury prone, and questionable candidates at RT. The depth is good enough that at least one player they cut will end up on another roster.

Yes, it is a weak spot on the roster, but that's a good thing, because it is a commentary on the rest of the roster, not on the OL.

Mount Brown's no longer an above-average Left Tackle, injury-prone or otherwise.

And our candidates at Right Tackle aren't questionable: we already know how bad they are... Even Dee Wise is beating them in 1-on-1s.

The C/G situation is in better shape, in both starting talent & quality depth; nobody's really arguing that... But this is a bottom-quartile group at OT;
that one should be as inarguable as it is concerning.

Last edited:
He’s the Jalen (Hurt) Hurd of offensive linemen. He’s spent more time being hurt than playing on the field, so no thanks.

We should absolutely not bring him back.

Mount Brown's no longer an above-average Left Tackle, injury-prone or otherwise.

And our candidates at Right Tackle aren't questionable: we already know how bad they are... Even Dee Wise is beating them in 1-on-1s.

The C/G situation is in better shape, in both starting talent & quality depth; nobody's really arguing that... But this is a bottom-quartile group at OT;
that one should be as inarguable as it is concerning.
I believe that Brown is 3rd quartile OT (better than 25 of OT's).

Anderson is probably a 3rd quartile RT, if ever gets to play.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back