PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the mods police game day threads more closely?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I answer the thread question with this. I won't spend my game day policing a game thread. I watch the game intently and I've never gone to the game thread while the game is being played.

If I did monitor the game thread there would be far fewer members on this board or one less mod, or both. I hope that directly answers the question. I won't say what I really feel like saying on this subject and now I'm going back to my Xmas activities.

Merry Christmas all.

I don't mind the negativity, or the pointing out the deficiencies in the team or their play. Saying things like 'McCourty needs to turn his head around, he's getting beat like a rented mule' is OK but 'McCourty SUCKS! Bill SUCKS and can't draft!!!!!' is just ridiculous over the top hyperbole that is wholly unnecessary.

It's the inane babbling by people that contribute nothing but 'they suck, this sucks, he sucks' with no rational thought behind it that drives me insane, and is slowly driving me away from this site.

This. The mods don't need to police it. People need to be quiet if they can't say anything informative. There are some knowledgeable people on this board. Folks who aren't should learn to shut up and get another drink when things aren't going well.

IMHO, relentless hyperbolic negativity has ruined what was once a pleasant thread.

Time for the mods to get more involved?

No, they have lives. Ive been emailed for talking about comments that have to be removed politely , or talking about the saints or brees in a thread that has nothing to do with them, and asked to stop. They are on top of things. Give them credit.

Last edited:
And when we do people complain that the mods are being over zealous. If someone is breaking the rules or being disruptive we deal with that but we don't ban or remove people for opinions. Whether their opinions are completely wrong or not ;).

Some mods can't stand the game day thread and think it should be just done away with. Personally I like it and usually do monitor and moderate it. But, the last two weeks I have watched the game away from home and my laptop. Also you don't see all that gets deleted. Since once it's deleted it is no longer visible to you.

Or after the first drive LOL

And by the same posters, week after week. It's like they've never seen a football game before, nevermind the Patriots.

Like clockwork, there they are, throwing in the towel at the first sign of adversity. Every. Single. Game.

Gameday passion is one thing, but I suppose for natural quitters, they just can't think any differently.

And by the same posters, week after week. It's like they've never seen a football game before, nevermind the Patriots.

Like clockwork, there they are, throwing in the towel at the first sign of adversity. Every. Single. Game.

Gameday passion is one thing, but I suppose for natural quitters, they just can't think any differently.

I think back to the Eagles game when people were jumping ship 5 minutes in.

I answer the thread question with this. I won't spend my game day policing a game thread. I watch the game intently and I've never gone to the game thread while the game is being played.

If I did monitor the game thread there would be far fewer members on this board or one less mod, or both. I hope that directly answers the question. I won't say what I really feel like saying on this subject and now I'm going back to my Xmas activities.

Merry Christmas all.

And when we do people complain that the mods are being over zealous. If someone is breaking the rules or being disruptive we deal with that but we don't ban or remove people for opinions. Whether their opinions are completely wrong or not ;).

Some mods can't stand the game day thread and think it should be just done away with. Personally I like it and usually do monitor and moderate it. But, the last two weeks I have watched the game away from home and my laptop. Also you don't see all that gets deleted. Since once it's deleted it is no longer visible to you.

I just wanted to echo what these two have said. We mods are Pats fans too and don't want to be sat watching the game thread for abusive comments and so on. If someone is annoying you, it's best to ignore them and move on.

If there are specific comments which any poster feels are out of line, please use the "report post" function and one of the main forum mods will have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News