PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shooting near Super Bowl festivities kills one

Status
Not open for further replies.

AStack75

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
DETROIT (AP) - A shooting early Saturday outside a group of bars near some of the city's Super Bowl weekend festivities killed one woman and wounded a man, police said.

There were no immediate arrests. Police described it as an isolated incident.

The shooting on Woodward Avenue was on the same block as some activities for the Motown Winter Blast, a four-day, 14-block downtown festival organized as an accompaniment to Sunday's Super Bowl.

It took place after the festival's 1 a.m. closing time but thousands of Super Bowl weekend revelers were still in the downtown area for parties at bars and clubs.

Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings said both shooting victims were from Michigan, but she would not release any other information about them.

The woman died at Detroit Receiving Hospital, where the man underwent surgery Saturday, she said.

Detroit shall never lose its stripes!

Last edited:
:mad:
We were doing so well...

AStack75 said:
DETROIT (AP) - A shooting early Saturday outside a group of bars near some of the city's Super Bowl weekend festivities killed one woman and wounded a man, police said.

There were no immediate arrests. Police described it as an isolated incident.

The shooting on Woodward Avenue was on the same block as some activities for the Motown Winter Blast, a four-day, 14-block downtown festival organized as an accompaniment to Sunday's Super Bowl.

It took place after the festival's 1 a.m. closing time but thousands of Super Bowl weekend revelers were still in the downtown area for parties at bars and clubs.

Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings said both shooting victims were from Michigan, but she would not release any other information about them.

The woman died at Detroit Receiving Hospital, where the man underwent surgery Saturday, she said.

It's friggin Detroit. What did they expect.

Willie55 said:
It's friggin Detroit. What did they expect.
Hey.... y'know they gave Bettis the Key to the City. Only the fourth person or something like that to recieve that honor. Y'know who was the last one awarded.... Saddam Hussein :D Seriously.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Hey.... y'know they gave Bettis the Key to the City. Only the fourth person or something like that to recieve that honor. Y'know who was the last one awarded.... Saddam Hussein :D Seriously.

Sometimes Detroit is really embarassing. :mad:

I would say something...but I would be accused of sounding "political". Even though it isn't in the slightest sense.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
I would say something...but I would be accused of sounding "political". Even though it isn't in the slightest sense.

...so I will say "it is what it is"...

And you don't think shootings were happening when the Super Bowl was in New Orleans? Maybe not as close...but New Orleans was the murder capital for a number for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back