PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shea McClellin signs with Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this guy's talent? He's fast isn't he?

I still don't get the irritation around here. Sure it's not a Chris Long contract, those freebies don't come around often. The Patriots were said to really like him coming out, had the Bears taken Jones we may have taken McClellin. I will be interested to see if the 3rd LB plays increase. Did we play 2 all the time because we wanted to or because the 3rd LB sucked ? With less of a drop off we may play 3 more. Worst case he's a big improvement in depth and should also allow High and Collins to get a breather once in a while.

The problem is why do we have to pay this guy $4 mil/yr to do that? You can draft an LB in the 3rd round to do that.
They like him. I believe he was a first round candidate just a few years ago for them. Adding talent at a reasonable price.

They like him. I believe he was a first round candidate just a few years ago for them. Adding talent at a reasonable price.
It'd be pretty funny if he becomes a great player. Bears fans were mad they didn't get Chandler Jones instead of this guy.

Ok for the sake of comparing him to the most athletic LB in the galaxy.

McClellin
Height: 6033
Weight: 260
40 Yrd Dash: 4.75
20 Yrd Dash: 2.69
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19
Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.33
3-Cone Drill: 7.07

Collins
Height: 6034
Weight: 250
40 Yrd Dash: 4.64
20 Yrd Dash: 2.72
10 Yrd Dash: 1.64
Vertical Jump: 41 1/2
Broad Jump: 11'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32
3-Cone Drill: 7.10

Shea is right there with him (except for the 40, vertical and broad jump...:p )

The problem is why do we have to pay this guy $4 mil/yr to do that?

He is only gonna make $4m per if he hits all the incentives..

But I been told he sucks so why would the best team in the NFC over the last 3 years also been interested in this bum?
They probably worked him out, saw that he's still not any good, then decided not to sign him.

Ok for the sake of comparing him to the most athletic LB in the galaxy.

McClellin
Height: 6033
Weight: 260
40 Yrd Dash: 4.75
20 Yrd Dash: 2.69
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.33
3-Cone Drill: 7.07

Collins
Height: 6034
Weight: 250
40 Yrd Dash: 4.64
20 Yrd Dash: 2.72
10 Yrd Dash: 1.64
Vertical Jump: 41 1/2
Broad Jump: 11'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32
3-Cone Drill: 7.10

Shea is right there with him (except for the 40, vertical and broad jump...:p )

take into account that Shea's white.:p

************ you are insufferable...
I'm kind of just trolling at this point, maybe it's not as bad as a first thought when I saw 3 YEARS 12 MILLION. I still would rather have used that $3.5 mil on something else.

I'm kind of just trolling at this point, maybe it's not as bad as a first thought when I saw 3 YEARS 12 MILLION. I still would rather have used that $3.5 mil on something else.

You are trolling.

Spending $4m on a player who provides starting-caliber play in a 4/3, 3/4 and 4/2/5 package is a solid deal for the team.

He is a substantial upgrade over Freeney, Fleming, etc.

@Marqui you are treading dangerous waters my friend, bashing one player constantly before he's had any chance to do anything. I fear this may blow up in your face if he ends up being a productive member of the squad, much as Amendola did to some posters here.

@Marqui you are treading dangerous waters my friend, bashing one player constantly before he's had any chance to do anything. I fear this may blow up in your face if he ends up being a productive member of the squad, much as Amendola did to some posters here.

Also like Collins did to a few people............

Spending $4m on a player who provides starting-caliber play in a 4/3, 3/4 and 4/2/5 package is a solid deal for the team.
I agree, my thing is Shea McClellin hasn't shown he can provide that level of play.
@Marqui you are treading dangerous waters my friend, bashing one player constantly before he's had any chance to do anything.
I think it's way more dangerous to pay a guy before he's done anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back