PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these the same offensive lineman that let brady's passes get tipped? Maybe they should have spent more time on the defense.

I don't see how an O-lineman can pass deflections on a consistent basis

One play, Vereen took the handoff, aimed toward the RG/RT gap where there was some daylight. But he chose to bypass the gap and take it laterally to the right for a loss. As the team headed to the huddle, one Pats OL (?) was shaking his head in disgust with Vereen's poor decision to freelance.
I'm guessing the team has seen this move too often in practice and Brady's comment last week that Vereen's starting to grow up (that's a paraphrase) could be a telling comment on where the team is with him.
It looked like there was a hole there, but there wasn't. Ngata was right there with one hand free.

I was stunned that they didn't use Shane Vereen more.

There were a bunch of coaching decisions that bothered me but the decision to not make Vereen a point of emphasis in the offense really amazed me.

Vereen was great against the Texans, he's more athletic than Woody and Gronk was out. The Pats needed to feature another threat along with Llloyd, Welker-Dropsy and Hernandez, and Shane should have been that guy.

Were other folks screaming at the TV about this? Or at the field if they were there?

Well I was, but Im a Vereen fan. I saw the missed catch, but that can happen when a RB runs cold.
Reggie Bush used to do this all the time,because we didnt play him enouph.
Im a big believer in Vereen, like I was Morris, when not even the redskins fans knew what he could do, but he needs reps. RB's need to be believed in, its and art form, I think.
One of the worst things you can do to a talented RB is not run him much. We need to hit that brick wall a few times, and feel our way against every team.

Calling Vereen W.payton or LT at this point is really pushing it, but even WP,LT,GS, and etc.. had dead stops until the 4th quarter until they ruled the game, or breakouts after many attempts.

Fans see highlights and think these highlights are every play. That everytime a brilliant runner like AP or Johnson should defy gravity and physics and make amazing plays whenever they get the ball, but thats not how RB work.

Sometimes that does happen, when your in the groove, but most of the time you have to feel the defense out after many attempts to see how they move.
Running a RB cold for 10 plays a game is going to make him less effective.
You need to figure out who your RB is and let him run, and let the other one go or run him cold. But if I was NE id run Vereen 30 times a game, but thats just me. I think Vereen is something specail and has it.
They are Stallions and defy logic, if they are any good. You need to let them run. They will find a way to break out and be great. They just need the chance. Run this kid or give him to a team were he can be what he is suppose to be, but dont stick him in limbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News