PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour to Report on Saturday...Ready for Monday's game????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seymour to Report on Saturday.. Ready for Monday's game????

Nothing delusional there. He's stated that he doesn't want to coach forever.

When did BB say that?

seymour sounds very sensitive. we should all chip in to send him a Care Bear, a Cookiepuss, and a 'pick me up' bouquet

seymour sounds very sensitive. we should all chip in to send him a Care Bear, a Cookiepuss, and a 'pick me up' bouquet

Or maybe some new earrings, we know she likes earrings.

Seymours new nickname is a play on Glen Davis' of the Celts........Big Seyby

Finally, for the pick, I'd rather have Seymour helping win a Super Bowl this year. A pick 2 years out after already having 10 picks in the first two rounds over 3 years by 2011 doesn't really make me wipe my brow and thank God for the team finally getting a break or anything. Had the team won in 2007 I'd have no problem with this trade. It didn't win, though. Now, I want the win.

Your point is valid regarding lack of recent SB wins. For the 1st time in my life I agree with Felger et. al. in "Does this trade make the 2009 D better?" to which the obvious answer is no.

I'm someone always looking forward so I like the chance for a high 2011 pick. And I'm a rose colored glasses homer who thinks that our young, fast, hungry D will improve and be seasoned by playoff time.

Last edited:
Seymour on his way to Oakland, speaks to Borges

LINK

He plans to play Monday night. Says he grew up a Raiders fan.

Something tells me he is going to get a fat contract from Oakland.

Last edited:

One would think that after the drought of 2005-2008 (with pretty good teams), Belichick would put a higher priority on winning this season.

Your point is valid regarding lack of recent SB wins. For the 1st time in my life I agree with Felger et. al. in "Does this trade make the 2009 D better?" to which the obvious answer is no.

I'm someone always looking forward so I like the chance for a high 2011 pick. And I'm a rose colored glasses homo who thinks that our young, fast, hungry D will improve and be seasoned by playoff time.

Re: Seymour on his way to Oakland, speaks to Borges

LINK

He plans to play Monday night. Says he grew up a Raiders fan.

Something tells me he is going to get a fat contract from Oakland.

Good for him. I wish him happiness and hope his family copes with the transition well. Thanks for the 3 rings.

Hold the horses:

Reiss, a few minutes ago:

Union files grievance for Seymour - The Boston Globe

"The Richard Seymour saga has a new twist.

The NFL Players Association filed a grievance on behalf of Seymour yesterday, according to a source familiar with the union’s thinking. The grievance claims that the Oakland Raiders were not within their rights to send him a “five-day letter,’’ which noted he could be suspended for the season if he doesn’t report to the team by Tuesday.....

......Seymour has not spoken publicly since the trade, but the grievance appears to be a strong indication that he does not want to play for the Raiders."

The NFLPA would be wrong and its pretty silly that they would fight this. Its very clear. Seymour's rights were traded to Oakland. Oakland would expect him to report and by not reporting, they are within their rights to send the 5 day letter.

It is interesting that Seymour chose to have a candid interview with Borges. Perhaps Borges has better sources and relationships than our posters think.

I've always found it ironic that Seymour uses Borges as a confidante.

It is what it is.

Borges is such an a-hole.......

Seymour: “I was blindsided by the whole event.”

"YEAH, well ****ie, BB and the rest of the team were pretty "blindsided" too in 2005 when you sat out and pouted for a big contract, which then led to other team "me first" types to go the same route".

I'm done with Memour............. He don't play for us no more. :mad:

What if Seymour does indeed fail -- or as the case may be "fail" -- the physical?

Considering he was playing during the pre-season, if he were to FAIL, it would have to be noted WHY he failed. And the Patriots could contest it.. And it would also be detrimental to Seymour..

Its in his best interest to PASS that physcial.. otherwise, he can be put on the NFI list and not get paid...

Not a fan of the Pats huh?

And you wonder why I laid into you on the other thread... Its ignorant statements like this one..

I always am amused at the legal and contract knowledge of those on this board. Perhaps the NFLPA knows a bit more about what they want clarified through the grievance process than anyone here or anyone in the media.

My GUESS is that the language is not clear with regard to the details surrounding the letter in the case where a player doesn't report for a physical. Surely, Seymour cannot be presumed to have passed a physical. Also, this clarification (or not) by the league will help those who are writing terms for the new CBA. Any unclear issues can be cleared up thers.

And finally, I have absoltutely ZERO doubt that if the team names were reversed, posters here would have different views of all the events and issues, likely opposite views.

The NFLPA would be wrong and its pretty silly that they would fight this. Its very clear. Seymour's rights were traded to Oakland. Oakland would expect him to report and by not reporting, they are within their rights to send the 5 day letter.

I've always found it ironic that Seymour uses Borges as a confidante.

It is what it is.

Borges flatters and sucks up to any player with a big contract who might hold out someday, giving Borges a scab to pick and righteous indignation stories about the oppressive Patriots.

Besides, Borges has always been a big fan of Seymour.

“On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sack last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.”

Finally, for the pick, I'd rather have Seymour helping win a Super Bowl this year. A pick 2 years out after already having 10 picks in the first two rounds over 3 years by 2011 doesn't really make me wipe my brow and thank God for the team finally getting a break or anything. Had the team won in 2007 I'd have no problem with this trade. It didn't win, though. Now, I want the win.

So, in other words, screw the future.. Win now..

Definitely not the way BB has run things.. He's always had a short term and long term plan. Over the next 2 years, the Pats have 23 players who will be free agents.. And that includes Brady, Moss, Mankins, Gostkowski and others.. So, being able to repeatedly add top end talent repeatedly over a length of time is a good thing.. And itshould help keep this team in contention every year.

Also, what is to say that, with Seymour, the Pats would win the SB... Can you honestly say that they are more likely to win with him than without him? I can't say either way.. So how can you??? Especially since Seymour tends to get hurt (not injured) a lot.

Borges flatters and sucks up to any player with a big contract who might hold out someday, giving Borges a scab to pick and righteous indignation stories about the oppressive Patriots.

Besides, Borges has always been a big fan of Seymour.

And in case you haven't noticed the same could be said about a limited number of posters here... When BB doesn't do things their way they really bristle. How quickly they forget the good old days.

I always am amused at the legal and contract knowledge of those on this board. Perhaps the NFLPA knows a bit more about what they want clarified through the grievance process than anyone here or anyone in the media.

My GUESS is that the language is not clear with regard to the details surrounding the letter in the case where a player doesn't report for a physical. Surely, Seymour cannot be presumed to have passed a physical. Also, this clarification (or not) by the league will help those who are writing terms for the new CBA. Any unclear issues can be cleared up thers.

And finally, I have absoltutely ZERO doubt that if the team names were reversed, posters here would have different views of all the events and issues, likely opposite views.

These arguments are all mute at this point. Seymour himself said he is reporting and plans to play Monday night. NFL Network is reporting it as well.

If he reports today and passes the physical, the rest of it doesn't matter any more, including any grievance. The grievance will be dropped and the physical no longer matters.

It's official now. He is a Raider. No turning back.

I'm someone always looking forward so I like the chance for a high 2011 pick. And I'm a rose colored glasses homer who thinks that our young, fast, hungry D will improve and be seasoned by playoff time.

PWP - How is the obvious answer "NO"? How do you know how well Seymour will play as a 4-3 DE on most plays and occasionally, as a 4-3 DT on passing plays? I mention this because that was his role during Pre-season. Its clear that the Pats plan on using the 4-3 more this year, if not exclusively...

I admit, Seymour has been a damn good player for the Pats. His was my 2nd Jersey. However, the Pats clearly feel that keeping Wilfork in the fold and bringing Brace in to play along side him is a better option than potentially losing both Wilfork and Seymour and only getting 3rd round comps for them.. If BB did that, People would all be up in arms calling for his head..

The trade doesn't mean that BB intends to remain for another decade or so. It could just as easily be that he's setting up for the next coach.

As for the Buffalo game, I'm looking forward to it to.

I agree with you, God of wrath, the future is now and Tom Brady

isn't getting any younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case