PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour speaks..Sees no reason not to be ready for season opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wasn't ready for the season opener i would have to punch every strength and conditioning guy that Patriots have in the face.

Did anyone else find his comments about wanting to be Defensive Player of the Month kinda strange considering he's gone to multiple pro bowls?

Sounded un-teamlike. I saw an interview with LT (the RB, not the LB) and he said his goal was to be remembered as one of the top 5 RBs. Hey, what about rings?

onegameatatime said:
Did anyone else find his comments about wanting to be Defensive Player of the Month kinda strange considering he's gone to multiple pro bowls?

Sounded un-teamlike. I saw an interview with LT (the RB, not the LB) and he said his goal was to be remembered as one of the top 5 RBs. Hey, what about rings?

I would worry about that comment if he hadn't just signed a big extened contract.

You have to set goals for yourself. 3 Rings, perennial Pro-Bowler, what else is left ?

Believe me, if he reaches that goal, you won't want to complain.

R

Tomase has a great tidbit that this reporter left out:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=151336

Seymour admitted that sometimes he looks at defensive ends like Indianapolis’ Dwight Freeney, who earn headlines and highlights for pressuring the quarterback, and wonders what life would be like if he had similar opportunities.
But then he takes a step back.
“Is it frustrating? Would I like to go out and do some other things sometimes? Of course,†Seymour said. “But at the same time I look at the big picture. Do they end up in the Super Bowl? No. So I’ll take the things that we’re able to do. I’ll take the team’s success over my individual success.â€

R

Wow, njpatsfan, good find.
Hell of a quote to leave out!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes