PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Serious question re: calls & the patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm as deep in the conspiracy theories as they come, but I don't see it. This game may have overall seemed to favor the Phins, but I think by and large, over the course of the season, it's been pretty even, or even in the Pats favor.

Goodell may be a psychopath, but he has one thing right, the public has to believe in the integrity of the game. I don't believe even he would be stupid enough to try to get dozens of union employees to conspire against a team or individual. It's one thing to get Mr. "My Independent Investigation is Protected by Client-Attorney Privilege" Ted Wells to trump up some charges and pay a "science for hire" outfit to make it seem legit. Quite another to get multiple officials (many of whom may have their own grudges against the league) to get in on a conspiracy and expect that it will never, ever come to light.

In short, I just don't believe in any league mandated conspiracy to protect or harm any players or teams by way of the officiating. If it looks like there is, it's really just incompetence.

Every fanbase feels this way.

Take for example...
Cumby%202.gif

Just gotta deal with the refs I guess and hopefully it evens out.

I prefer they just let them play and call the egregious fouls.

Regarding the Jets pick plays Dobson got away with the worst of all of them. How he still hasn't figured out the idea that you just need to give the receiver a little space not lay a defender out like it's a special teams hit is beyond me. He's never done it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back