PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl: Anyone got a concise list of "who to watch"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the "other centers" were Mack, Unger, Caldwell????

(Did not see the game)

Best player for me was Woods the C/G from Louisville. Made Raji look silly.

Other centers were looking good also, Maybe we could get a guy they would make Yates and Hochstein expendable QUOTE]

So the "other centers" were Mack, Unger, Caldwell????

(Did not see the game)

Other centers were looking good also, Maybe we could get a guy they would make Yates and Hochstein expendable QUOTE]
And Luigs (AR) and Shuman (VA Tech).

LSU had some good players in there. I thought the FB Quinn Johnson, LB Beckwith and the monstrous RT were good players for later rounds.

WR's, Mike Thomas, Derrick Williams, Iglesias looked like possibilities.

Other centers were looking good also, Maybe we could get a guy they would make Yates and Hochstein expendable

Smith and Butler looked good, and there was a low round corner Ellis somebody, we could have a double Ellis corner.

Didn't think to many skill players stood out. Some of the RB's looked good for low round consideration.

The best players were on the South O line.

BTW, how come the North QB's were from Central Arkansas, TexasTech and Sam Houston State/ Aren't there any QB's in the entire North and West?

Yes, and a QB well north of those schools won MVP for the game.

I was listening to FoxSports radio the other day and they were discussing that Caldwell wants to bring in bigger guys for their DL. I guess he got sick of watching other teams running down their throats:D

Back to the game, Ayers did pretty well for himself out there. I've read that there's a couple of Larry English fans in here, but the knock on him is that he can't play the run as well as he should. Meanwhile, the knock on Ayers was that he was more of a run defender but did not have the burst to get upfield to get to the QB. But during the past week, Mayock put him up there as the most surprising player because of his ability to get upfield in a hurry. And he showed that he could do that in the game. I haven't watched too much of him in college but watching all he practices this week and the game, I was pretty impressed. He'd look good in a Pats uniform.

This is the guy I would love the Pats to nab with the SD pick, I'm hoping he's there as his stock is now in the late 2 range right now, but with a solid combine, he could jump into the upper 2's. He's got Patriot written all over him. Here's what Stueber had to say about him:

"Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

There were a lot of great defenders in Mobile this week, and I have to credit former NFL scout Tom Marino for identifying Tennessee DE Robert Ayers a couple of months ago as a hidden gem who had frontline talent. I saw Ayers play this season a lot, and he was good, but consistency was his biggest problem. This week in Mobile, he was quietly the best defensive end and had one of the best first steps of any defensive linemen. He still has to develop a larger repertoire of moves, instead of using his signature inside rip move, but that will come with time. Ayers was the most dominant defensive player on Saturday night. He used his quickness and strength against the likes of Oklahoma OT Phil Loadholt and Illinois OT Xavier Fulton and beat them off the edge with ease. Ayers finished the game with three tackles and 1.5 sacks, which earned him the Defensive Player of the game trophy. His play this week opened the eyes of many, and this once mid-round prospect has elevated his status to a late second, early third round pick."

Last edited:
This is the guy I would love the Pats to nab with the SD pick, I'm hoping he's there as his stock is now in the late 2 range right now, but with a solid combine, he could jump into the upper 2's. He's got Patriot written all over him. Here's what Stueber had to say about him:

"Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

There were a lot of great defenders in Mobile this week, and I have to credit former NFL scout Tom Marino for identifying Tennessee DE Robert Ayers a couple of months ago as a hidden gem who had frontline talent. I saw Ayers play this season a lot, and he was good, but consistency was his biggest problem. This week in Mobile, he was quietly the best defensive end and had one of the best first steps of any defensive linemen. He still has to develop a larger repertoire of moves, instead of using his signature inside rip move, but that will come with time. Ayers was the most dominant defensive player on Saturday night. He used his quickness and strength against the likes of Oklahoma OT Phil Loadholt and Illinois OT Xavier Fulton and beat them off the edge with ease. Ayers finished the game with three tackles and 1.5 sacks, which earned him the Defensive Player of the game trophy. His play this week opened the eyes of many, and this once mid-round prospect has elevated his status to a late second, early third round pick."

Mayock also talked about how some 3-4 teams might try to evaluate whether he has enough athleticism to play OLB. He said teams will definitely be more interested about him now since he showed he is athletic enough to be a "speed" guy off the edge. At 6-3, 273 lbs, he'd be pretty huge at OLB. But then again, AD is 6-2, 270 so it is possible.

The USC pass rusher looked quick also, I think his name was Kyle Morrow.

The USC pass rusher looked quick also, I think his name was Kyle Morrow.
Moore looked okay, but I believe there's an inconsistency flag on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft