PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Ravens preseason win streak

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know it’s preseason and it doesn’t actually matter but I’m curious and want some info by people who pay attention to preseason games. Is this winstreak sheer luck or are the Ravens doing something different that other teams aren’t? I mean 24 straight wins is a record and clearly is a long enough streak to at least wonder how they’ve managed to keep it going this long. Again. It’s a pointless record but it’s pretty incredible how long it’s gone on for.

Can only assume they try harder to win pre-season games that most other teams. Most teams have a few real clunkers in pre-season so it's kinda surprising they've managed to avoid that fate for 6 years or so.

I think they probably became hyperaware of it once they were at 10-12 straight wins and then made it a 'thing' they'd mention to all the players as something to strive for keeping the streak alive. Although it's not like they're doing it at the expense of playing starters into the 4th quarter (I haven't watched a single Ravens pre-season game but I'm just assuming they're not that stupid). Also, if you're playing in the 3rd or 4th quarter, you SHOULD be trying hard to make the team anyway. So beyond that, perhaps play calling or 4th down decisions play a role in it.

Can only assume they try harder to win pre-season games that most other teams. Most teams have a few real clunkers in pre-season so it's kinda surprising they've managed to avoid that fate for 6 years or so.
Is it possible that maybe they happened to win like 6 or 7 in a row then noticed they had a streak going so now are coaching to keep winning these games?

I think they only became hyper aware of it once they were at 10-12 straight wins and then made it a 'thing' they'd mention to all the players as something to strive for keeping the streak alive. Although it's not like they're doing it at the expense of playing starters into the 4th quarter (I haven't watched a single Ravens pre-season game but I'm just assuming they're not that stupid).
This is probably what it is.. They happened to win like 7-10 in a row by sheer luck and now it’s a thing for them

I know it’s preseason and it doesn’t actually matter but I’m curious and want some info by people who pay attention to preseason games. Is this winstreak sheer luck or are the Ravens doing something different that other teams aren’t? I mean 24 straight wins is a record and clearly is a long enough streak to at least wonder how they’ve managed to keep it going this long. Again. It’s a pointless record but it’s pretty incredible how long it’s gone on for.
They're the only ones stupid enough to think that preseason games matter.

In this timeframe (since 2016), the Ratbirds regular season and playoff record is as follows:

• 2016: 8-8
• 2017: 9-7
• 2018: 10-7 (playoff 0-1)
• 2019: 14-3 (playoff 0-1)
• 2020: 12-6 (playoffs 1-1)
• 2021: 8-9
• 2021: 8-9
• 2022: 10-8 (playoff 0-1)

Overall, 80-61 (0.567), playoffs 1-4 (0.200). That's ... not too good. Enjoy the record, "murderer-worshippers" :haha:

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a weird flex. At least the Patriots UDFA making the 53 streak (which is fudged a bit, but still) can at least be used as a recruiting tool: Hey, come here as a UDFA and you have a legit shot to earn an NFL job.

Bragging about a pre-season winning streak is as bad as hanging an AFC Finalist banner.

Yeah, it's a weird flex. At least the Patriots UDFA making the 53 streak (which is fudged a bit, but still) can at least be used as a recruiting tool: Hey, come here as a UDFA and you have a legit shot to earn an NFL job.

Bragging about a pre-season winning streak is as bad as hanging an AFC Finalist banner.

If I'm a UDFA CB, a rookie CB, or an OL (maybe not so much anymore, but maybe as recent as Thuney and Karras), I'm happier than a pig in **** to come play for the Patriots, even if the season record isn't great. They really get you set for your first big pay day. I mean Malcolm Butler got a 5yr/61mil contract. That's insane for a UDFA lmao.

Probably the only people who care are Ravens' fans and degenerate gamblers.

One of if not the most meaningless records in sports.

It isn't uncommon to see a team have a perfect record in the preseason and absolutely stink in the regular season. So this is such an empty useless streak.

Also 7 time preseason champions.

That accomplishment has to have a banner. I'm sure there's someone in Indianapolis that can help out with that.

The preseason winning streak fits in well with their annual draft grade of "A" from Mel.

Dumb. It's televised practice where they keep score.

Pats DL gonna eat against Sam Howell

The streak ends tonight because…..I took Baltimore on the Money Line so there you have it.
Betting on pre-season games. Even I haven't hit that level of degeneracy.....this season!

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back