PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Cowher to Steeler fans: Get over Spygare

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of sports fans are stupid.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. One of the reasons why I prefer to stay here as opposed to reading the same boring comments on PFT/ESPN. Every now and then you see or hear something that makes sense and is reasonable, but it's not too often.

It's amazing how many people are just casual football fans though too, although they attempt to act like they follow their team so closely. The reality is that they haven't a clue as to what is really going on.

Steeler fans are ******* idiots.

Now this is driving me nuts, because no one seems to get what is seemingly obvious to me. The Pats were busted for violating a memo sent out by the league in 2006. Well IIRC, the Pats played the Steelers in the playoffs in 2001 and 2003. :eek: Nothing they did in those superbowl years was illegal. Why then are any of the Pats superbowl wins considered in question???????????

The only possible reason is the already discredited Herald story. Which leads to questions of mine. Why is it claims that the Pats Lombardi's are tainted receive any credence at all and are constantly repeated by fans and mediots? when they happened YEARS before they were busted????? How can you be accused of being guilty of something that was legal when it happened???????? And finally, and what frustrates me the most. How do the Broncos, Cowboys, and Niners seem to avoid the cheater label when all three won Championships while actually getting an unfair advantage on the rest of the league by CHEATING on the salary cap. While the Pats are labeled as cheaters, and never got an unfair advantage.

Its such BS

Now this is driving me nuts, because no one seems to get what is seemingly obvious to me. The Pats were busted for violating a memo sent out by the league in 2006. Well IIRC, the Pats played the Steelers in the playoffs in 2001 and 2003. :eek: Nothing they did in those superbowl years was illegal. Why then are any of the Pats superbowl wins considered in question???????????

The only possible reason is the already discredited Herald story. Which leads to questions of mine. Why is it claims that the Pats Lombardi's are tainted receive any credence at all and are constantly repeated by fans and mediots? when they happened YEARS before they were busted????? How can you be accused of being guilty of something that was legal when it happened???????? And finally, and what frustrates me the most. How do the Broncos, Cowboys, and Niners seem to avoid the cheater label when all three won Championships while actually getting an unfair advantage on the rest of the league by CHEATING on the salary cap. While the Pats are labeled as cheaters, and never got an unfair advantage.

Its such BS

Three words: haters gonna hate.

It's part of our culture these days to hate the winners, and no one in the NFL does that better than the New England Patriots.

Its such BS
Two words, Ken: Bill Belichick.

Damn. I knew I should have erased those tapes.

Attachments

• RichardNixonFarewell_6.jpg
    RichardNixonFarewell_6.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 102

And this is how stupid people are about stealing signals:

Former Steelers receiver Hines Ward contended while still playing that the Patriots knew the Steelers' signals, not just during the 2004 AFC title game but also the 2001 AFC championship game that New England won 24-17 at Heinz Field.

Ward said that when the Steelers audibled to different plays, the Patriots defense shifted almost as quickly as the Steelers offense.

“Oh, they knew,” Ward said before retiring. “They were calling our stuff out. They knew, especially that first championship game here at Heinz Field. They knew a lot of our calls. There's no question some of their players were calling out some of our stuff.”

It amazes me.

1. Stealing signals is not illegal.
2. Spygate was about the Patriots FILMING defensive signals.
3. Offensive plays were radio'd to the QB back then.
4. The Patriots knew your audibles not because they were filming your sidelines (your sidelines weren't signaling plays in on offense). But because they studied your tendencies.
5. When the Patriots' offensive audibles were stolen by Miami in a 21-0 Patriot loss, no one from the Patriots complained to the NFL. A reporter brought it up that the Phins were bragging about stolen signals. The NFL's Steve Alic said, "That's football."

It never would have been a big deal were it not for Roger and self righteous turds like Tony Dungy and Jeff Fisher blowing it out of proportion.

Right. It was the size of the fines and the punishment that made people think it was more than it was. I still think we should sue to get that draft pick back.

And this is how stupid people are about stealing signals:

It amazes me.

1. Stealing signals is not illegal.
2. Spygate was about the Patriots FILMING defensive signals.
3. Offensive plays were radio'd to the QB back then.
4. The Patriots knew your audibles not because they were filming your sidelines (your sidelines weren't signaling plays in on offense). But because they studied your tendencies.
5. When the Patriots' offensive audibles were stolen by Miami in a 21-0 Patriot loss, no one from the Patriots complained to the NFL. A reporter brought it up that the Phins were bragging about stolen signals. The NFL's Steve Alic said, "That's football."

Ill always maintain that players are just ignorant of what the coaching staff does to gameplan. Notice that ex patriots players always say they never saw a tape, notice how ex superbowl winning coaches say its not a big deal while players we beat say it is. The players and media just don't know what they're talking about, the coaches do. This is why some players defended the saints, they were involved in similar things in their locker rooms and to them it wasn't a big deal. Same with cowher and Johnson, they know its bull but its one of those things the media runs with because people hate the pats an it generates clicks. Christ the steeler fans are getting on cowher for saying this, saying he has to because of his job in CBS, that's how ridiculous it is.

Right. It was the size of the fines and the punishment that made people think it was more than it was. I still think we should sue to get that draft pick back.
Screw the draft pick, how about the 1.5 M???

That's cool that Cowher acknowledged that Pats beat'm at his place and outplayed his team. If you recall Steelers were already bookin Superbowl plans before they played AFCCG vs Pats. Bill had that written all over his bulletin board. Game is played on field with no cameras, trash talk and Mediots with so called "Expert" analysis. End of'da day it's who executes better.

It just doesn't matter (what stupid other team's fans think). C'mon, let's get the chant going (obscure "Meatballs" movie reference below)

meatballs2.jpg

Absolutely. And then the incessant and ridiculous media coverage that continues to this day. Unbelievable.

What's a "spygare"? :confused:

What's a "spygare"? :confused:

It's a train station in Paris that is now a temporary home to unemployed cold war spooks.

Or, someone doesn't know how to spell the word "gear."

It's a train station in Paris that is now a temporary home to unemployed cold war spooks.

Or, someone doesn't know how to spell the word "gear."

Then this thread should've been specified as off-topic. I don't see what it has to do with the Patriots, the Steelers, or football. Bill Cowher's foreign policy ramblings have no place here.

To those who are still convinced what the Patriots did was 'cheating' despite coach after coach saying everyone was doing it, still do it just without cameras, and it made no difference anyway, for these folks I have one question:

Who are you going to believe - a brainiac borderline HOF coach like Cowher or 'spygate until I die' Marshall Faulk?

That pretty much sums it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes