PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Cowher to Steeler fans: Get over Spygare

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Florio admitted that there is a possibility that the league destroyed the tapes because they showed clear evidence of cheating - by other teams.

I just don't care.

Mike Reiss did an article today talking about how the Talib and Spikes allegations are much ado about nothing.

Yes, I referenced that at the end of my comment.

And that statement by Florio IMO was needed to set the foundation of the conspiracy theory of how Belichick might be blackmailing the NFL.

Firstly, what a bunch of despicable pricks Talib and Spikes are, you could kind of always tell that spikes was like this and you had to assume Talib was as well with his character issues.

Talib and Spikes owe alot to Belichick and The Patriots; In Tampa, Talib was a mess and nobody wanted him, Belichick reformed his image and allowed him to receive the top of the market deal he desired, how does he repay the patriots? By immediately questioning the validity of the injury report.

Now Talib is perhaps a bit less to blame for this than spikes because Talib was trying to defend his health when directly asked the question on whether his hip was ruined or not, and if he truly believes that his hip was never a problem then he has no reason to hide that facts, but Spikes took Talibs comments and expanded on it.

Spikes was put on IR for a number of reasons, perhaps somewhat due to his injury, but undeniably because he was not conforming to the strict playoff disciple Belichick expects, spikes was made an example of, just as Welker had been made an example of. Because Spikes believed he was healthy enough to play and that he likely also believed that his playoff showcase would increase his value in free agency, he was obviously angry about it.

Say what you want about Buffalo, but in Spike's own opinion it is "The plumpers butthole of America"; if Spikes thought Foxborough was "Hell on Earth" you can bet he won't be happy about living and playing in Buffalo.

Spikes has a Vendetta against Belichick, so of course he is going to do whatever he can in order for clowns like Florio to start asking questions so they can drive up their web hits.

Yes, I referenced that at the end of my comment.

And that statement by Florio IMO was needed to set the foundation of the conspiracy theory of how Belichick might be blackmailing the NFL.

Of course Florio is going to spin it, but baby steps.

I guess I'm just different. I enjoy Crygate and the attention from our team's victims. It makes winning even more satisfying. It might even help to have current players thinking those things are true. The "in their heads" factor at work. I'll take any edge I can get for the Pats.

Caring about Crygate is like feeling guilty for cheating on your ex-spouse because someone accused you of infidelity with a woman three years after the divorce.

Caring about Crygate is like feeling guilty for cheating on your ex-spouse because someone accused you of infidelity with a woman three years after the divorce.

I've always compared Spygate to getting in a fight with a jealous girlfriend over a perceived betrayal.

You keep arguing with her because if she would just stop to listen to some reason and logic then the whole thing could be put behind you.

.. but they don't.. ever.. ;)

They might let it drop for a while, but at some point its going to get brought up again.

.. so you keep trying to explain yourself... ;)

(my apologies to any and all women that are in fact capable of listening to logic)

Spikes was put on IR for a number of reasons, perhaps somewhat due to his injury, but undeniably because he was not conforming to the strict playoff disciple Belichick expects, spikes was made an example of, just as Welker had been made an example of. Because Spikes believed he was healthy enough to play and that he likely also believed that his playoff showcase would increase his value in free agency, he was obviously angry about it.
Talib is just being a whiny baby about the whole thing, but I also don't buy a word of what he is selling. I think he is engaging in a little pre-emptive disinformation campaign of his own. The injury report is the biggest joke in the NFL so it's ridiculous to complain about being on the report but for the wrong reason.

Spikes, however, I think has a very valid point. I think it is highly improper to use the IR as a means of disciplining a player and to send a message to everyone else. If you want to punish someone for being late to meetings, not giving 100%, etc, there are means in place to do so.

I am not exactly losing any sleep over the matter, but I think Spikes' concerns are valid.

SB39, go check out the PFT article about the Patriots and Talib/Spikes injuries. Most commented on the site, and I'd say more than 1.1 percent of those are about cheating. You'll see what we're talking about. Or you can just keep burying your head in the sand.
Obviously if there is an article about the Patriots allegedly engaging in improper behavior, then yes, the usual idiots will respond in the usual way.

But I was responding to an individual who claimed "I dare you to find a single article that even brushes on the Patriots over on PFT for example and have it NOT have a huge percentage of these kind of comments."

I gave 3 such articles where roughly 1% of 356 comments referenced Spygate. Sorry, but I don't consider 1% a "huge percentage."

Obviously if there is an article about the Patriots allegedly engaging in improper behavior, then yes, the usual idiots will respond in the usual way.

But I was responding to an individual who claimed "I dare you to find a single article that even brushes on the Patriots over on PFT for example and have it NOT have a huge percentage of these kind of comments."

I gave 3 such articles where roughly 1% of 356 comments referenced Spygate. Sorry, but I don't consider 1% a "huge percentage."

You were counting threads that have been retroactively moderated.

It's very baiting to come into a thread about an ex-NFL coach talking about Spygate and berate and insult people for even talking about it.

But from what Ive seen of some of your responses in other threads I doubt that you are a troll. I apoligize.

You were counting threads that have been retroactively moderated.
Does PFT even have a moderator? If you have some statistics to the contrary, I would be happy to hear it.
It's very baiting to come into a thread about an ex-NFL coach talking about Spygate and berate and insult people for even talking about it.
I am not berating anybody. I just think Patriots fans talk about Spygate more than the fans of all other teams combined. It lives in this forum more than it lives anywhere else in the media or other social sites.
But from what Ive seen of some of your responses in other threads I doubt that you are a troll. I apoligize.
I'm not a troll, I'm just not a homer. I call out the Patriots or Patriots fans when deserved, and expect the same to be done to me.

Does PFT even have a moderator? If you have some statistics to the contrary, I would be happy to hear it.

Absolutely know first hand that they Moderate.

Had a post today that was erased. They are very very vigilant in Moderating anything that criticizes Florio or their reporting.

EDIT: And while I can be as subject to selective memory as anyone... but some of those threads you counted absolutely had trolling comments moderated out. As I said, you can see some of the comments they left in were infact addressing how much trolling was going on at that point (pre-moderation).

I wouldnt have used such strong language about 4 veiled comments out of 400 posts.

Spygate more than the fans of all other teams combined. It lives in this forum more than it lives anywhere else in the media or other social sites.

You're welcome to that opinion, but this is a thread about Bill Cowher admitting that all NFL teams attempt to steal defensive signals.

Of course we're talking Spygate. And call people out if you think they need it.. but its appropriate and reasonable for us to be talking about it here.

I assiduously avoid national media articles where BB or the Pats are mentioned. Why? Because invariably there are several "Cheatriots" , Spygate and "Haven't won a SB since caught filming other teams' walk thrus" and the like comments. Anyone who hasn't seen this time and again is displaying willful ignorance. Kraft blew it by not dealing with Goodell to protect the brand.

Spikes, however, I think has a very valid point. I think it is highly improper to use the IR as a means of disciplining a player and to send a message to everyone else. If you want to punish someone for being late to meetings, not giving 100%, etc, there are means in place to do so.

Go back and look at the pictures I posted in this thread. Spikes fell down while trying to make a cut in the December 29th game against Buffalo. Then he walked gingerly off the field. Nobody even touched him. Prior to this on-field incident, we had the Globe reporting that Spikes needed knee surgery after the season ended. He looked like he was on his last leg. He needed to get off the field. Spikes was IR'ed for his knee problem. No one affiliated with the Patriots has ever said, "We put Spikes on the IR as a punishment". This is only speculation and sour grapes by Spikes.

However, it has to be said that by putting him on the IR list, we were able to add an able-bodied player to the 53 man roster. That is the most likely reason it was done.

Go back and look at the pictures I posted in this thread. Spikes fell down while trying to make a cut in the December 29th game against Buffalo. Then he walked gingerly off the field. Nobody even touched him. Prior to this on-field incident, we had the Globe reporting that Spikes needed knee surgery after the season ended. He looked like he was on his last leg. He needed to get off the field. Spikes was IR'ed for his knee problem. No one affiliated with the Patriots has ever said, "We put Spikes on the IR as a punishment". This is only speculation and sour grapes by Spikes.

However, it has to be said that by putting him on the IR list, we were able to add an able-bodied player to the 53 man roster. That is the most likely reason it was done.
The overwhelming consensus in the media (as well as in this forum) is that the move to put Spikes on IR was primarily done for disciplinary reasons. As Belichick likes to remind us, in December everyone is inured. There is very little doubt that he was healthy enough to play through his injury into the playoffs, but it was his attitude that got him sent to IR.

I just don't agree with the logic "he walked gingerly off the field, therefore his trip to the IR was purely for health related reasons."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back