PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Agent says 1 team interested in T.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFT - Rosenhaus presence on Pats’ sideline fuels T.O. rumor

Just send us VJ and that other tall dude that gets injured alot.

Oh..crap trade deadline.

No way VJ will stay in sandi, he is a perfect match for our offense, i hope he will be here.

I have no issue with TO coming here.

Players respect that this is a serious place to play football. You mess up and your cut.

Not sure how far into the playbook he can get. I mean if we are gonna scale it down for TO to be successful, why wouldn't ocho be successful in the same circumstances?

We've seen what happens when teams clamp down on our Oopma Loompa receivers. Having a vertical receiving threat who can blow the top off of coverage would help.

Like Welker, Gronk and Hernandez need more room to operate in....

It's been a long, long time since TO was a vertical threat. Big receiver over the middle? ok.

Solid effort to lower Moss' price. ;)

I'd tend to agree with you if I hadn't watched TO's performances before he blew out his knee this past couple of seasons. The guy is a physical freak.

he was the better of the two WR's last year in cincy so why not he's worth a look

As I stated earlier, BB did contract TO's agent and asked if TO was interested in playing DB.

98.5 just intimated that Rosenhaus was there visiting his client, Rob Gronkowski, and nothing to do with TO. If there was any negotiations between Belichick and Rosenhaus, it was probably the ground work to a Gronk extension.

This is a complete and utter non-story. He has two major clients on the Eagles either looking for an extension (McCoy) or is a free agent this upcoming year (Jackson) and a client on the Pats who is the best TE in the game who might be positioning himself for a new deal after the season. That is why Rosenhaus was on the sidelines, not because of TO.

Considering Zolak was on the sidelines and probably had the best access to what Rosenhaus was doing, I will trust his assessment.

Last edited:

he was the better of the two WR's last year in cincy so why not he's worth a look

Neither of whom has ever played in a sophistocated sight adjusted offense and judging by the one we already signed can't learn to... These guys, and Moss, are basically chuck and duck receivers who made their marks for what they were really worth simply based on their natural athletic gifts. Those diminish faster than braincells. Randy was probably the savviest of the three in that he got it, but he still didn't really participate in it. That is why when he began to struggle he couldn't really bring anything worthwhile to the table. He was as much a decoy to this offense as he was to opposing defenses. This offense is predicated on reads and adjustments (sometimes minute) and 11 guys doing the exact right thing and not on pure athletitism. Which is why Brady remains on the backs of the young TE's despite their production. Mistakes kill you in this offense.

Besides which TO remains an emotional mess. He tried to kill himself at least for attention purposes just about a month ago...

Let's see. We have two roster spots devoted to Price and Underwood. Obviously, Owens would contribute less than either one of them. ??

There you go. Regurgitate yesterday afternoons "news"...

Rosenhaus has a huge jock sniffers ego and gets his rocks off walking sidelines and showing up at practices when teams allow him to...

TO lacks the over riding skill needed to play for Belichick... Mental toughness. Moss had the same shortcoming.

Chad can't seem to get comfortable in the offense. But at least he's not whining about it. His outlet for his frustration seems to be making light of it and himself. Better to laugh with me than at me I guess.

@ochocinco: I score on Madden consistently,i just pretend it's real life RT @TreyMysterio: Does it hurt that you have no TDS yet?
5 minutes ago

Actually it's little wonder so many here are enamored of him. They share the same view of the game...

Im not a noob. I just know someone will post this. Just thinking ahead. It also kills time till 4:15pm.

Scenario1: Ocho cut, TO signs= same problem with Ocho
Scenario2: Underwood cut, TO signs= Bengals.
So you wanted to beat the other Nobs to it, is that what your saying?

Last edited:
All the local guys are Tweeting that TO is a long shot at best and that may be overly optimistic. I am guessing that they have sources saying it won't happen.

Actually it's little wonder so many here are enamored of him. They share the same view of the game...

Don't be a douchebag. Just because a guy plays madden doesn't mean he isn't a hard worker. Which is what everyone has consistently said about Ocho.

No to TO.

BTW, from Peter King today - I have no idea who he is, but Newy Scruggs is my new favorite Sports anchor:

Matt Leinart's injury leaves Texans' Super Bowl hopes deflated - Peter King - SI.com

Tweet of the Week III
Tweet A: "... Go on a diet, fat-so!! Y r u worried about wht I'm tweeting?! ... It wasn't a diss @ T-new, it ws my observation like my observation that u're FAT & need to hit the treadmill ASAP!! #RealTalk''

--@terrellowens, defending himself against criticism from a Dallas sports anchor that Owens had been critical of Cowboy corner Terrence Newman Thursday.

Tweet B: "@terrellowens I'll get on a treadmill when you pay your child support. #deadbeat''

--@newyscruggs, the sports anchor Owens ripped, Newy Scruggs, in a Twitter feud with T.O.

Neither of whom has ever played in a sophistocated sight adjusted offense and judging by the one we already signed can't learn to... These guys, and Moss, are basically chuck and duck receivers who made their marks for what they were really worth simply based on their natural athletic gifts. Those diminish faster than braincells. Randy was probably the savviest of the three in that he got it, but he still didn't really participate in it. That is why when he began to struggle he couldn't really bring anything worthwhile to the table. He was as much a decoy to this offense as he was to opposing defenses. This offense is predicated on reads and adjustments (sometimes minute) and 11 guys doing the exact right thing and not on pure athletitism. Which is why Brady remains on the backs of the young TE's despite their production. Mistakes kill you in this offense.

Besides which TO remains an emotional mess. He tried to kill himself at least for attention purposes just about a month ago...

I would argue that TO played in a offense with Steve Young and Jerry Rice, played in an offense under Andy Reid, who runs a complex west coast system and does many of the same things the Patriots do, has played under Bill Parcells, who is in the BB coaching line, whose plays were called by Sean Payton, and has played in multiple other schemes as well. TO may not be the right fit for the Pats because he is a cancer; however, he is certainly not stupid. He is one of the smarter WR's in the league and a tremendous route runner. That said, I don't want him.

I would rather Tory Holt:D

Moss isn't coming back so the thought of adding T.O would make no sense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back