PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Agent says 1 team interested in T.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFT - Rosenhaus presence on Pats’ sideline fuels T.O. rumor

you got YOUR law firm...I got mine...plus I have an accountant...I. Fleecem Daily..to handle any award monies

If you would have asked me a year or two ago would the Patriots bring a guy like TO aboard, I would have laughed. Previously the questionable guys brought aboard were guys solid under the veneer (Dillon and Moss for example). However, when you bring Haynesworth aboard, you have just about, though not completely, thrown out the 'the Patriots don't hire guys like that' rule. At this point I don't believe it is far fetched to think the Patriots would consider doing it. IMHO, the Patriot offense is one WR threat away from being scary.

I have been impressed with one aspect of OchoCinco. While he has had little success so far, he has, by all reports, been a guy who has kept his mouth shut and been a team player (not a distraction). With TO, is that even possible? Hypothetically speaking, what happens when 2 games go by and he has no balls thrown his way? The TO Jerry Springer show begins? I'll tell you what, if BB can take TO and turn him into a quiet performer, BB really is on a different plane than every other coach.

are people seriously considering this as a viable option?

T.O. is going to come in to NE...having played ZERO snaps since LAST season...and immediately grasp the passing offense called by Brady? Who is he, Kreskin's long lost twin brother?

If you would have asked me a year or two ago would the Patriots bring a guy like TO aboard, I would have laughed. Previously the questionable guys brought aboard were guys solid under the veneer (Dillon and Moss for example). However, when you bring Haynesworth aboard, you have just about, though not completely, thrown out the 'the Patriots don't hire guys like that' rule. At this point I don't believe it is far fetched to think the Patriots would consider doing it. IMHO, the Patriot offense is one WR threat away from being scary.

I have been impressed with one aspect of OchoCinco. While he has had little success so far, he has, by all reports, been a guy who has kept his mouth shut and been a team player (not a distraction). With TO, is that even possible? Hypothetically speaking, what happens when 2 games go by and he has no balls thrown his way? The TO Jerry Springer show begins? I'll tell you what, if BB can take TO and turn him into a quiet performer, BB really is on a different plane than every other coach.

TO is 37. I don't think he is expecting to be The Guy. He just wants a job. Nevertheless, it is much too late for someone to come in cold and be a factor in the Pats offense. If they were to add anyone, Moss would make far more sense.

Rosenhaus has several clients on both teams that played today. Chad Ochicinco is a client. So is Lesean McCoy and DeSean Jackson. Belichick and Rosehaus have a good professional relationship too (former players like Marcus Stroud, Fred Taylor, Larry Izzo, Ben Watson, Donte Stallworth, Chris Hanson, Jabar Gaffney, and Fernando Bryant) all had/have Rosenhaus as an agent. I think it is pure speculation. Rosenhaus was probably watching two of his biggest clients play (McCoy and Jackson) and just stopped by to talk to Belichick.

Last edited:

If he can 1) catch a ball thrown at him and 2) not shred his hamstring a warlmup he should be worth a serious look.

Last edited:

Say what you will about Owens, he's a fiery competitor, would come cheap/little risk, and a damn good receiver when healthy.

Problem is, I kind of doubt he's in game shape (even though he's a fitness freak) and we don't really know how well he recovered from the injury. And all the prima donna crap.

Ultimately, I'd be willing to take a chance on him.

Rosenhaus has several clients on both teams that played today. Chad Ochicinco is a client. So is Lesean McCoy and DeSean Jackson. Belichick and Rosehaus have a good professional relationship too (former players like Marcus Stroud, Fred Taylor, Larry Izzo, Ben Watson, Donte Stallworth, Chris Hanson, Jabar Gaffney, and Fernando Bryant) all had/have Rosenhaus as an agent. I think it is pure speculation. Rosenhaus was probably watching two of his biggest clients play (McCoy and Jackson) and just stopped by to talk to Belichick.

It is pure speculation and not likely, imho, to happen. But what the hell, why not indulge in some of the speculation.....such as:

TO would be given a short list of tricks to learn; he wouldn't be asked to learn the playbook. The Patriots already have WW and Branch who can run a plethora of routes. With TO, a few tricks to make opposing teams have to worry and take the heat off WW and Branch. Ultimately it is entirely about that; making teams have to respect another area of the passing game which makes the Brady to WW show that much more entertaining.

Eh, I doubt this will happen but honestly, at this point in our BB fandom, would you really be all that surprised? Especially after this past offseason?

Despite being so sick and tired of hearing his name, I'd rather bring back Moss. If indeed we really are looking for an over the hill wide receiver who hasn't played a snap in months. Yeah, if both Sides could agree to terms I'd defiantly rather him.

He has the familiarity with the system/quarterback/coaches, and I think he could contribute more than TO at this point in time. The inevitable "what in the Hell did Moss do with three different teams last year, that would make you think he can be productive" question will be thrown around, but I think he is more than capable of being strictly a complimentary/situational piece.

I think he still has the physical skills/talent to "stretch the field" for a few downs/series per game. And having that extra weapon could possibly pay huge dividends.

I just don't know if he'd be as humble as Chad has been if he isn't posting big time numbers and isn't a 1,2, or even 3 receiver.
I wonder if his ego could handle such a reduced role.

Last edited:

are people seriously considering this as a viable option?

T.O. is going to come in to NE...having played ZERO snaps since LAST season...and immediately grasp the passing offense called by Brady? Who is he, Kreskin's long lost twin brother?
Yes, I would seriously consider a hall of fame receiver who dominates on the outside against press man coverage, and who's returned from multiple injuries even into his mid to late 30s and played extremely well.

If he doesn't get the offense fast enough, what's the worst that can happen? We lose Tiquan Underwood to the waiver wire?

The secondary, and O-linemen are dropping like flies. Why would BB sign a WR? Thats one position that seems sorta healthy for this time of year. Plus, I don't want the media circus that will accompany T.O. :bricks:

is there really that big of a need for a 5th opt for Brady ?

is there really that big of a need for a 5th opt for Brady ?
We've seen what happens when teams clamp down on our Oopma Loompa receivers. Having a vertical receiving threat who can blow the top off of coverage would help.

Like Welker, Gronk and Hernandez need more room to operate in....

We've seen what happens when teams clamp down on our Oopma Loompa receivers. Having a vertical receiving threat who can blow the top off of coverage would help.

Like Welker, Gronk and Hernandez need more room to operate in....

at 37 years old i dont think he could even pop the top off the defense lol at this point i think he's more of a guy that going to run 8 yard come backs and get first downs, i dont think there is a big need to bring in T.O but i would be ok if they did sign him

at 37 years old i dont think he could even pop the top off the defense lol at this point i think he's more of a guy that going to run 8 yard come backs and get first downs, i dont think there is a big need to bring in T.O but i would be ok if they did sign him
I'd tend to agree with you if I hadn't watched TO's performances before he blew out his knee this past couple of seasons. The guy is a physical freak.

Story had some legitimacy until the part that said "Rosenhaus told Schefter himself that a team is very interested." This dude has been talking to the media since August about how teams are "very interested in my client."

Until TO is spotted on a plain to Boston this is nothing more than Drew seeking attention.

He blew the top off defenses last year quite often. When it comes to right now....i guess we don't know but Ocho obviously has lost a step or two.

The secondary, and O-linemen are dropping like flies. Why would BB sign a WR? Thats one position that seems sorta healthy for this time of year. Plus, I don't want the media circus that will accompany T.O. :bricks:

Umm...Welker is Welker....Ocho is lost,Price loses playing time to Tiquan Underwood, Branch disappears against a good D but can be effective at times.

Hardly a position of strength.

makes total sense, unlike chad, TO has never really had a bad season

if NE faces GB in the SB, they're going to need to match the packers points

he's a hall of famer

makes total sense, unlike chad, TO has never really had a bad season

if NE faces GB in the SB, they're going to need to match the packers points

he's a hall of famer

Just send us VJ and that other tall dude that gets injured alot.

Oh..crap trade deadline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back