PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Second half scoring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJDChE

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've heard quite a bit of mention of our scoring dropping off in the second half of the season as the weather gets colder. It deserves mentioning that the Pats have scored more PPG in the second half each of the last four seasons.

I've heard quite a bit of mention of our scoring dropping off in the second half of the season as the weather gets colder. It deserves mentioning that the Pats have scored more PPG in the second half each of the last four seasons.

Hey, I was thinking about what you said earlier, and I was meshing it with something else that has occurred with the pats and other powerful teams. When they get up in the first half, they have not really needed to be in attack mode, and the philosophy seems to be to just run it, and run out the clock - the don't run it up syndrome. Yes, I am sure weather has something to do with this also. But, it seems that the pats have squeezed a lot of wins out over the years. Correct me if I am wrong.

This year, I am thinking that this idea of "running the score up" is not totally about giving the league the finger. It fits in with some of the stuff you have said. Teams that are real powerful tend to work the second half much differently, and so, when they have to fight it out with the likes of the Colts, well they sometimes faulter - last year, we ran out of gas or something.

This year, I think that this team is primed for second half action. There is nothing in the back of the mind that says "well, we probably will just coast for the second half as usual." Nope. This year it is balls to the wall, the whole way. The timing, the rythm, the attitude, the attention to detail, everything is running at a clip that is possibly a few beats faster than the first half of the games so far this season. The opening drive of the second half has been very productive, and the pats seem to have left that second half blah crap in the rear view mirror.

I know that it is not what you were saying about the weather, but I feel that there are several things happening that have made the second half not as productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes