PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau coming in for a physical, wants 1 more year [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seau coming in for a physical, wants 1 more year

How many games did Seau play last season?

Good point Deus.

Also, though I've blocked most the Super Bowl out of my head, he was one of our better players in the AFC Championship, so his age clearly didn't seem to wear him down faster than anyone else over the course of the season.

I agree he did play well in the super bowl, but he will be a year older and we don't know how well he will recover from the surgery he apparently had.

Last edited:

Bring back Seau, add Mayo and Hobson, Crable replaces Colvin, and drop Alexander.
The linebacker corps looks very strong. A mix of youth, speed, and experience.

Focus Thomas on the outside for the year. No more flip-flopping.

The OLB rotation is deep, with:
Thomas
Vrabel
Crable
Woods

The ILB rotation is deep, with:
Bruschi
Seau
Mayo
Hobson
Izzo

Good ST contributions from Crable, Woods, Mayo, Hobson, and Izzo.
Nice unit.

How many games did Seau play last season?

That is a question that has deceptive answers.

In most sports a player can come in for one play, or one pitch, or one foul shot, etc. and the box score will show that he played in that game.

It is very obvious that Seau no longer is a full time player. That being said, I believe that his presence on the roster and no matter how few or how many plays he participates in, he is a valuable addition.

I hope he is re-signed.

That is a question that has deceptive answers.

Not given the context of what I was responding to.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that Deus was saying that Seau started every game as opposed to the fact that he just played in every game. I mean it would be great to get him a ring but at what point do you move to the youth. His roster spot could be a spot used to get an younger player 1 year in learning the system before he is forced to either be a 13th man or maybe even start. Signing him doesn't solve the problem at LB it delays it another year

Which was?

Go back and read the post I responded to.

Edit: Nevermind... If I leave it like that, I'll be accused of being some form of evil yet again... here is the pertinent part of the post I responded to:

Seau is great and all but in reality he isn't going to play all 16 games.

Last edited:
BB seemed at least open to bringing Seau back when he was on the Big Show earlier today. He was asked how drafting the linebackers would effect Seau's status, if both sides agreed to have him come back, and he basically said it didn't.

I think Seau would still be effective in a rotation, where he doesn't have to play as many snaps.

Plus, he has extra value as a leader and a role model. I hope he comes back for one more shot at winning a Super Bowl.

Go back and read the post I responded to.

Edit: Nevermind... If I leave it like that, I\\\'ll be accused of being some form of evil yet again... here is the pertinent part of the post I responded to:

Well, shouldn\\\'t you have been more explicit for those of us that are slower? :D

In either case, I would definitely bring him back. He gave his all for two years land he has earned, IMO, another opportunity to get a ring.

Out of curiosity, why would someone call you evil?

Last edited:
BB seemed at least open to bringing Seau back when he was on the Big Show earlier today. He was asked how drafting the linebackers would effect Seau's status, if both sides agreed to have him come back, and he basically said it didn't.

I think Seau would still be effective in a rotation, where he doesn't have to play as many snaps.

Plus, he has extra value as a leader and a role model. I hope he comes back for one more shot at winning a Super Bowl.

He seemed a lot more open to Seau than to Law, to me anyway. Of course, with NFL coaches, who knows?

He seemed a lot more open to Seau than to Law, to me anyway. Of course, with NFL coaches, who knows?

I believe we will see both of them return.

I think that Mister Kraft has a pretty good relationship with Ty Law.

I believe that Law still has enough in his tank to provide good results. Not great, but good.

I would like to see Seau return for one more year. He has always been and remains one of my favorite players of all time. You would be hard pressed to find a guy with a stronger work ethic, and a guy that plays with more passion anywhere in the NFL.

He will also provide veteran leadership to some of the young guys like Mayo, and he's still a gamer - a few key plays in the AFCCG, that if he didn't make, the outcome could have been a lot different.

I also think he deserves a ring and would like to see him have another chance - so long as it's not at the expense of the Chargers, of course. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST