PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau coming in for a physical, wants 1 more year [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seau coming in for a physical, wants 1 more year

good call. maybe itll be like last year with the receivers.

either way it's not a bad problem to have.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. 2006 we have no receivers, so in the off-season we pick up as many bodies as we can and let them duke it out.

2007 we come out with a thin corp of linebackers and db's, so what do we do? Load up on bodies and let them duke it out.

Bring on training camp already! :)

I'm glad he's coming back. He deserves a ring!

Last edited:

great news, lets send him off the right way.

2ro6s2g.jpg

Just try to avoid doing this again. :D

I almost had a heart attack watching that. Brady put it best after the game when asked about the play. "That's Junior being Junior."
His take on the Manny being Manny thing.

We should probably put an oxygen tank on the sideline and a wheelchair at the 50 yard line for him. I love Junior, but not as an every down LB. Alas, I guess that's why we just drafted all of these new LBs.

Maybe it was just meant to be for Junior to be 40 years old when he goes out on top finally. We've witnessed some pretty sweet Cinderella stories with guys going out on top. Elway and Bettis come to mind. Maybe the same is in the cards for Seau. If he can do that it 40, it would be pretty legendary.

Seau Returning???

"The New Bedford (Mass.) Standard Times reported over the weekend that Seau was soon planning on taking a physical in New England and that he's interested in returning if a deal can be worked out." i got this from reiss' pieces.

BB has said he would welcome him back and now he says he wants back in. This should be easy to work out.

Re: Seau Returning???

Just as long as he's not an every down LB, then I'm fine with this. Seau can still stuff the run as well as anybody in the league.

This is the best Patriots news I've seen or read all weekend.

I was about to say something along those lines. Then I remembered us drafting a top ILB prospect and getting all that speed on D. But still-- great, awesome news.

Hopefully Mayo can start sooner rather than later and we can return to a Bru/Seau rotation at the other ILB spot.

Considering that multiple people have spoken of Jerod Mayo as "potentially a young Junior Seau", I'm excited for what that means for our first-round LB. How many young guys get the privilege of not only learning the position from BB, but also of being mentored by the likes of Seau, Adalius, and Bruschi?

Best news regarding Patriots I've heard in months. He'll be good influence for Mayo and other young ones. Seau is class act and guy deserves a ring for sure. :rocker:

Just as long as he's not an every down LB, then I'm fine with this. Seau can still stuff the run as well as anybody in the league.

Won't be. Between Bruschi, Hobson, and Mayo that's a nice 4-man rotation inside. That doesn't even include AD who I hope stays outside full time.

I'd love to see him on the field. One tough, smart football player with a ton of heart. Get that man a ring.

He and Tedy will do a lot better over the season in a rotation with younger players.

hopefully, pats will have a contract for him ASAP so that he can be back.

Let's get Seau a ring!! I think he could also be a very good MENTOR and positive influence on the young guys we have coming in. Teach em how to win and how to play the game Junior! Seau's snaps will decrease, but he could still make an impact off the field with his teaching as well.

I\'d love to see him on the field. One tough, smart football player with a ton of heart. Get that man a ring.

He and Tedy will do a lot better over the season in a rotation with younger players.

I agree. I felt bad two seasons ago when he got hurt and didnt get a chance to play in the post season and try to get a a ring.

And then last year when it looked like he finally would, to have the bottom fall out lat the last moment. I felt pain as a fan but I felt a lot more pain for what he did not get, a ring.

He is not capable of being a full time player any more but all of the other intangibles that he brings to a team are worth re signing him and giving him that final chance to be called CHAMPION.

I realize it is a roster spot that might go to a younger player, but Junior has given the Patriots his all and they should give him their all and one more opportunity. I hope it happens.

Seau is great and all but in reality he isn't going to play all 16 games. Why not use the roster spot to develop someone for the future. Its not like Seau is the only vet that we have at LB

Seau is great and all but in reality he isn't going to play all 16 games. Why not use the roster spot to develop someone for the future. Its not like Seau is the only vet that we have at LB

How many games did Seau play last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST