PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau and Vrabel practicing at ILB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Bruschi and Brown get back, and adding Beisel and Gardner and Mincey to that equation, the Pats are in good shape.

I would rather see Vrabel outside than inside--i know it's becuase of neccesity now----but i would much rather see him outside where (i believe) he is much more effective

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it all starts on plugging up the middle and thats where I want Vrabel to stay. Enter the era of TBC at OLB and don't look back. Very happy with this alignment.

pats1 said:
Once Bruschi and Brown get back, and adding Beisel and Gardner and Mincey to that equation, the Pats are in good shape.

I really think Alexander is going to beat out Brown. And it is a possiblity that Woods will beat out Mincey. Though Mincey's size does give them some depth at the DE position if they decide to part ways with Hill.

To Monty as our starter "the good news is you're fired !"

Last edited:
mtbykr said:
I would rather see Vrabel outside than inside--i know it's becuase of neccesity now----but i would much rather see him outside where (i believe) he is much more effective

it would be nice to see Vrabel outside, but i'd sure rather see Vrabel starting inside than Beisel! lol

I think it is quite reasonable to think that there will be a rotation at LB. Possible combinations:

Vrabel Seau Bruschi Colvin
Banta-Cain Vrabel Bruschi Colvin
Banta-Cain Seau Bruschi Colvin
Vrabel Seau Bruschi Banta-Cain

Vrabel Bruschi Colvin
Vrabel Seau Colvin
Vrabel Davis Colvin (if preseason work is a hint)

It wouldn't be surprising to see Mincey get a few reps also.

The 9th (and perhaps 10th) LB spots are interesting competition:
Brown
Gardner
Alexander
Woods/Roach

I think it is LOL funny. If Seau and / OR Banta-Cain and / OR Mincey are at least solid, folks are going to be talking about what a powerful LB corps we have. :rofl: And how much LB depth we have :rofl:

arrellbee said:
I think it is quite reasonable to think that there will be a rotation at LB. Possible combinations:

Vrabel Seau Bruschi Colvin
Banta-Cain Vrabel Bruschi Colvin
Banta-Cain Seau Bruschi Colvin
Vrabel Seau Bruschi Banta-Cain

Vrabel Bruschi Colvin
Vrabel Seau Colvin
Vrabel Davis Colvin (if preseason work is a hint)

It wouldn't be surprising to see Mincey get a few reps also.

The 9th (and perhaps 10th) LB spots are interesting competition:
Brown
Gardner
Alexander
Woods/Roach

I agree mostly. Except that I think that Gardner is more likely to start at MLB in 3-4 sets. (Over Davis)

And Alexander beats out Davis on the ILB/ST/Emergncy Safey slot.

Thus trimming down the competion for the 10th possible spot to

Brown/Woods (OLB)
Beisel/Roach/Davis (ILB)

mtbykr said:

Outside is where Vrabel's talent is and where he belongs- Unfortunately, Beisel, Davis & Co. are not the solution. Where is it? Somebody help me here because I'm not too confident in Seau either. I'm thinking BB outta give Clayton Weishuhn a call.............

PSU said:
Outside is where Vrabel's talent is and where he belongs- Unfortunately, Beisel, Davis & Co. are not the solution. Where is it? Somebody help me here because I'm not too confident in Seau either. I'm thinking BB outta give Clayton Weishuhn a call.............

One should not forget that we don't play 3-4 base all the time. On nickel and dime situations (which are usually passing situations), Vrabel will be playing outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3