PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sealver Siliga eligible to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just cut Allen for a while so we can figure it out. Ninko can fill in, he doesn't get enough snaps anyway, amirite?

Seriously though, the idea of getting Devey to the PS has merit. I'm not sure he'd make it there either (which is amazing considering how he has played) but it seems he has a better shot than the Walker, Moore, Jones or Tyms. With the trade deadline in place and injuries all around the league, I think you would be hard pressed to cut anyone and not lose them. I imagine Miami would probably grab Devey after the loss of their LT. But if someone actually played him, it would really just be a benefit to us. I think that is the point here, we could cut someone who, if picked up by another team, would actually hurt them. Devey is the biological warfare of the NFL.

Siliga did not practice today.

When Siliga was placed on IR his weekly pay went from $33,529 to $19,588, a decrease of $13,941

When Siliga was placed on IR his weekly pay went from $33,529 to $19,588, a decrease of $13,941
Thats a raw deal. The guy gets hurt on the job and loses 42% of his pay? Unless his contract is tied to active roster/gameday/playing time incentives hes better off getting IR'd for the season and collecting full salary.

Thats a raw deal. The guy gets hurt on the job and loses 42% of his pay? Unless his contract is tied to active roster/gameday/playing time incentives hes better off getting IR'd for the season and collecting full salary.

It's actually fairly common among lower tier players.

I love BB's quote..LOL.

No word on return of Siliga yet. Defensive lineman Sealver Siliga is eligible to come off of the team’s injured reserve with a designation to return list any day now. He could have started practicing last week. He is now eligible to play against the Lions, if he is healthy.

“I will make sure that there won’t be any delays in our announcements when [Siliga’s] status changes,” Belichick said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

While I agree that it's a bit unfair, I'll gladly accept his 20k a week should he have a problem with it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes