PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Screw off Ray Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems inconsistent given what has been an abundance of praise that Lewis has previously offered up towards Brady. Unless Lewis hasn't been honest the entire time.

It's the stupidest comment ever. I'm sure all over the interwebs haters are saying "look what Ray Lewis said" but they're even more stupid

3 Superbowl championships, 5 Superbowls, 9th AFC Championship, elite stats, crazy win %, crazy TD/INT ratio, historic, nation-gripping undefeated regular season, #1 or #2 on most people's GOAT list

I doubt any player has inspired as much dread and fear in other fan bases over the last 14 years than Tom Brady has, whether they admit it or not, or say so and so is better or not.

Yeah, Ray. Nobody would know Tom if not for a game against the Raiders in the 2001 season

I hate the whole industry of ex-players joining the media to be stupid about people they played against.

I think I know what he is implying. Lets play along without accepting what he is saying.
Brady loses the fumble, Raiders win that game. Next year, Bledsoe gets his job back? What happens to Brady? What has he really done for the Pats in 2002? After all, he lost a playoff game by fumbling.
Sometimes the difference between greatness of all time and being a nobody are that slim.
Brady could have become a career backup really.

Nobody du vuudu like yu du.

It's hard to believe that the Tuckheads and Asterjerks are still crying after all these years, but nobody wants to say a word about Bountygate. That and Crygate really shows the influence that the media has over people.

This is out of context. Lewis respects Brady. He presented Tom's "100 best players" segment:

It's not out of context if you listen to the whole 6 minutes of audio. Steven lists off all Brady's accomplishments and Ray says "yeah but he never goes to that championship" and goes on to qualify that he's a "football historian" that "pays attention to moments." That the league are "creators" with rules such as the "tuck rule." (The league created what became Tom Brady with that rule.)

To translate- Ray Lewis is saying that without the tuck rule Tom Brady never goes to that first big dance and we don't hear about him/think about him the way we do now. I would infer that he's saying we'd never have this "ultimate" version of Tom Brady had that initial Cinderella season not happened. From that perspective his comments aren't mutually exclusive. He could have thought later Brady is truly a good QB, but he also thinks that version of Brady never happens without the tuck rule.

He's a moron.

Seems inconsistent given what has been an abundance of praise that Lewis has previously offered up towards Brady. Unless Lewis hasn't been honest the entire time.

Why would anyone think that Ray would be honest, for or against Brady?

Meanwhile, Belichick (through Ozzie most likely) goes out of his way to help Harbaugh get the Ravens HC job.

And Brady heaps praise on Lewis whenever given the opportunity.

They're all a bunch of Raven maniacs I tell ya.

Funny how no one said anything earlier in the year when the jets had it called in their favor, and I think it was against us.

RL actually sounds like he is into the sauce or something...both him and his employer (ESPN) are non-factors for me, ever since NFL Game Day...

It's not out of context if you listen to the whole 6 minutes of audio. Steven lists off all Brady's accomplishments and Ray says "yeah but he never goes to that championship" and goes on to qualify that he's a "football historian" that "pays attention to moments." That the league are "creators" with rules such as the "tuck rule." (The league created what became Tom Brady with that rule.)

To translate- Ray Lewis is saying that without the tuck rule Tom Brady never goes to that first big dance and we don't hear about him/think about him the way we do now. I would infer that he's saying we'd never have this "ultimate" version of Tom Brady had that initial Cinderella season not happened. From that perspective his comments aren't mutually exclusive. He could have thought later Brady is truly a good QB, but he also thinks that version of Brady never happens without the tuck rule.

He's a moron.

I'd be interested in hearing what he thinks of Drew Brees' tainted SB title, since he's a football historian of moments. No, wait. I don't care what he thinks about that either.

I found it interesting that inn the article that came with the link, our own NECN makes the mistake of noting the that the play came in the final seconds of the game. That is wrong! The Radiers STILL had a chance to keep the Pats out of FG Range. The Pats STILL had to make that FG. Not only that, the FG just TIED the game. The Raider still had a chance to stop the Pats and win the game.

The Cowboys, and later GB are getting a lot of protection because in both those games the other team still had time to overcome the bad call. Neither team did. The same goes for the Raiders. They had a number of chances to overcome a bad rule (it was NEVER a bad call) Yet never do the Pats get that same kind of consideration

This is out of context. Lewis respects Brady. He presented Tom's "100 best players" segment:

It's not out of context.

Ray Lewis will say whatever will get Ray Lewis paid.

Ray Lewis is a hater. He knows that the only way the Ravens won their last SB was because it was gift wrapped for them. They should have never made it past the Pats in the AFCCG. The only reason they did was because of the horrible officiating.

Ray is also full of crap regarding what is a fumble. A ball knocked out of a QBs hand as he's making a pass attempt was always an incomplete pass. And the rule was around thanks to Steve Young. Not Tom Brady. The league had made the call at least twice that year and in years prior. It also had made the call in years since until they removed the rule..

I think I know what he is implying. Lets play along without accepting what he is saying.
Brady loses the fumble, Raiders win that game. Next year, Bledsoe gets his job back? What happens to Brady? What has he really done for the Pats in 2002? After all, he lost a playoff game by fumbling.
Sometimes the difference between greatness of all time and being a nobody are that slim.
Brady could have become a career backup really.

OK, for the helluva it, I'll play along.

Let's look at it in the scope of January 2012:

Dude took a team that was 5-13 in the 18 games before he took over and then went 11-3.

He wasn't going to back up Drew Bledsoe the next season.

Someone underselling Brady?

Keep on piling on boys, these things never seem to motivate 12.

That's what i mean..the more hate the more this guys turns in on in prime time...idiots

Not to stick up for a murdering bastard but I think his point was more so about the rules of the game not reflecting reality. He's saying the tuck rule was a fumble and Bryant's non catch was a catch. Bad choice of words, but this is a good example of media twisting things to sell headlines.

If they hadn't called the tuck rule on that play, they should have called Woodson for an illegal blow to the head of the QB. Would that have made it all right for Ray Ray, I wonder? Because it would have been a 15-yard penalty and not just a incomplete pass.

That blow to the head caused the fumble, too, by the way.

I found it interesting that inn the article that came with the link, our own NECN makes the mistake of noting the that the play came in the final seconds of the game. That is wrong! The Radiers STILL had a chance to keep the Pats out of FG Range. The Pats STILL had to make that FG. Not only that, the FG just TIED the game. The Raider still had a chance to stop the Pats and win the game.

The Cowboys, and later GB are getting a lot of protection because in both those games the other team still had time to overcome the bad call. Neither team did. The same goes for the Raiders. They had a number of chances to overcome a bad rule (it was NEVER a bad call) Yet never do the Pats get that same kind of consideration

Ray is also full of crap regarding what is a fumble. A ball knocked out of a QBs hand as he's making a pass attempt was always an incomplete pass. And the rule was around thanks to Steve Young. Not Tom Brady. The league had made the call at least twice that year and in years prior. It also had made the call in years since until they removed the rule..

If they hadn't called the tuck rule on that play, they should have called Woodson for an illegal blow to the head of the QB. Would that have made it all right for Ray Ray, I wonder? Because it would have been a 15-yard penalty and not just a incomplete pass.

That blow to the head caused the fumble, too, by the way.

It was SUCH a bad rule that the NFL had it in place before 2001 and for many years thereafter into this decade I believe. It was instituted to remove instantaneous subjective judgement by the refs.

Ken and the others also know that the Tuck Rule likely caused the Pats to lose Game 2 of 2001 vs the Jets when the Pats sacked Vinnie T in Jets territory, he fumbled and the Pats recovered, only to have the refs invoke the Tuck Rule and the Jets continue with possession.

I listened to the audio. His point, I think, while stupid and not very coherent, was that Brady's legacy would not have begun in 2001 and would not include 2001 (which is a significant part of his legacy) were it not for the Tuck Rule. His larger point is that players should decide games and hyper technical rules like the Tuck Rule and dez bryant rule detract from that, and even change outcomes otherwise decided by the players on the field. I don't totally agree with him, but can see where he's coming from.

Ray Lewis is a hater. He knows that the only way the Ravens won their last SB was because it was gift wrapped for them. They should have never made it past the Pats in the AFCCG. The only reason they did was because of the horrible officiating.

Sorry how was the Ravens SB gift-wrapped? My recollection is that they went into Mile High and put it on the Broncos and then came into Gillette and put it on the Patriots by 15 points. They even had to overcome that ridiculous loss of power in the SB that killed their momentum...Seems hypocritical that you're calling him a hater.

Not to stick up for a murdering bastard but I think his point was more so about the rules of the game not reflecting reality. He's saying the tuck rule was a fumble and Bryant's non catch was a catch. Bad choice of words, but this is a good example of media twisting things to sell headlines.
He said, point blank, that there was no tuck rule, ignoring the fact that the Pats had been on the other side of it earlier THAT SEASON. For a rule that didn't exist, they sure seemed to be consistent in calling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes