PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schlereth a complete fraud and a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT on Steelers-Colts

Kudos Pats fans for taking the fight right to the guys getting paid to talk up the allegations against your team. I'm impressed.

on a side note, beating the Broncos and their chop blocking assses on their home field in the AFC title game was sweet revenge for me.

The only time it was more obvious that refs/league wanted to help the Colts past NE was when they tried to fix the Colt - Steelers game.

I sent him a letter too...actually two letters....

[size=+8]F U[/size]

Re: Schlereth a complete Fraude and a Joke

Did his boss send him any memo to tell him STFU.?

Does anyone know if Schlereth does any talk radio around the country or if he maybe has any kind of event in the mass area? I would love to confront him about the email response and his stance.

I emailed Mark yesterday and I posted my message in this thread. For your ease, it's posted again below:
Mark,

I happen to have in my possession a copy of the "America's Game" episode dedicated to the 1998 Denver Broncos superbowl victory that highlighted several memorable moments, like Terrell Davis' getting past the 2000 yard barrier, Elway's tearful retirement and you... well, talking about puking. I came away from that with a certain amount of respect for you after seeing you reminisce about the event. You seemed both honest and likeable, like most players who get the chance to be on "America's Game".

I saw you on ESPN the other day bashing my team's brains in for spygate and cheating. Yeah, I'm used to it by now. Every yahoo from the world of sports "journalism" has put in their 2 cents. And don't get me wrong: I think it was wrong what Belichick did, but knowing him to be who he is, I wasn't all too surprised. I would never hold Belichick in the same light I held players such as yourself. He's like an odd mix between Spock and Cheney and is better served by his reputation for being a cloak and dagger tactician. So if you told me Belichick ate babies in order to win games, I'd probably be appalled, but there'd be something Belichick-esque about it. But I respect him because he's true to himself and, well, there's something about a coach who wears the most deadpan expression while wearing the most atrocious garb on the sidelines. The man has a sense of humor, even if you'd have to put his thumbs in screws before he'd admit it.

When ESPN got on the spygate controversy, I watched all the talking heads spout, as expected, from Tom Jackson to Skip Bayliss (Skip Bayliss? Talk about bag of insight), and I was pleasantly surprised by Keyshawn and confused by Emmitt. But when you spoke, I was curious to hear what you said, because you were Mark Schlereth from "America's Game". Even if I couldn't bring myself to agree wholeheartedly, I felt you had a point in chiding the Patriots as you did. I personally don't think Belichick would willfully do something that could undermine his ability to coach his players to win games, and I believed him when he said there was no Rams walkthrough.

So, yeah, Belichick taped division and conference rivals' defensive signals. However, the subjects being taped were often aware of it and played along, which would call into question how honest an attempt at cheating this would be. Also, as shown in an article by scouts inc., but also up on ESPN's website, the person who'd benefit the most, if at all, would be the game scout, and only because it was a glorified shortcut.

Yes, I'm a Patriots' homer.

But Mark, you were a player, and you should know how difficult it would be to get any real in-game benefit from taping. You keep asking, "Well, why did Belichick do it and go to such lengths to do so?" Why does Belichick still have Tom Brady on the injury report after all these years? Why is he so secretive about contracts and the overall operation he runs in Foxboro? Well, Mark, I'm sure if you were the head coach of the Patriots, you wouldn't do these things, because you're Mark Schlereth, much in the same way I don't think Belichick would do your job the same way if he were a pundit on ESPN. Have you seen the guy behind a podium?

The truth is, us Patriots fans have had a lot worse and could still do a lot worse than Belichick for a head coach. He got us to the superbowl 4 times and we won 3 of those. He has few friends and isn't the best conversationalist, buy he's a damn good coach, and part of that is because he's so thorough about everything he does. Even when he breaks the rules, he's thorough about it. So, I can live with spygate and the hypocrites and the homers, much like you made do with the Broncos' victories in the late 90s, even though they were shafting the salary cap to pay Elway and Davis.

But back to you, Mark. I must say my opinion of you changed over the last couple of months, because I know I couldn't rag on a team for breaking any rule. That's the legacy spygate left me. If the Jets played the Patriots tomorrow and beat them while using phasers and forcefields, I wouldn't in good conscience be able to say a thing, because my team also broke the rules. What legacy did salary cap-gate leave you, Mark Schlereth?

-T.

So, this is the response Schlereth sent me. It's part canned, part specifically adressed to my email.

It's Illegal to tape signals...The Pats have been doing it for 8
years...building a file on all teams. Do you think they were doing it
for fun? If you could read the defensive signals and call your offensive
plays accordingly, could it be an advantage? This is not about the
Broncos or anybody else who has been caught circumventing the rules.
It's about what the Pats did, and if you think it could be ban
advantage...Don't be angry with me because I feel that they gained an un
fair advantage over their opponents...Had they simply stopped their
illegal tapings when they were asked to in 2006 and 2007 we woulden't be
having this exchange...This is not biased reporting or jealousy, I have 3
world championship rings...It's just my opinion that people who don't
live in Boston will always wonder about the Pats Championships and if
they cheated to get them...

The truth hurts and I think deep down Pats fans know something went down
and it hurts...I appreciate all the passion of the Pats fans and if you
want to hate me for my honest opinion be my guest!

P.S. This is a canned response trying to answer the major points brought
by the Boston Nation...Over the last 3 days I've returned over 200 emails
and I will be away from a computer for the next few days.

T. Thanks for the emaiI'm sorry for your disappointment. Listen if you
want to tarnish my years in Denver thats something you have to decide.
Just like you have to decide if 8 years of illegal taping could be an
advantage...All the best...Mark

Comments?

I emailed Mark yesterday and I posted my message in this thread. For your ease, it's posted again below:

So, this is the response Schlereth sent me. It's part canned, part specifically adressed to my email.

Comments?

Yeah, sorry, he most likely never read your email.
Gotta keep it short and to the point, and he might read it.

Try this:

It's not against the rules to chart signals or 'keep files on teams'.
Therefore, teams know enough to change signals.
No advantage.
However, your team cheated the salary cap that directly led to your being able to field the team that won Super Bowls.
Are you proud of your team for doing that?

Anybody is welcome to use this. I won't spend my time emailing all the douchebags.

You all know why his nickname is "stink", right?
The guy would piss his pants before and/or during games to keep defenders less aggressive.
Most of you probably knew that, but for those who didn't...
it's absolutely true.
Stinkin pig.

Re: OT on Steelers-Colts

The only time it was more obvious that refs/league wanted to help the Colts past NE was when they tried to fix the Colt - Steelers game.
QFT.

Whoever had the final say on the Polamalu INT should have been fired.

In my opinion the more Schlereth (and Specter) continue to take this hard line stance against the rest of the Patriots at this point in time, the more they expose themselves with their lack of objectivity. While presenting themselves as unbiased bystanders, with every word they speak they prove themselves to be biased, jealous, petty and vindictive.

From what I am seeing and hearing there is a shift in opinion that is starting to focus on the agenda of people like Schlereth and Specter. It may be moving like a glacier in our minds but it the tide has definitely turned. I work in a large office 1500 miles away from NE, and the tune of people here may not be pro-Pats, but it is absolutley anti-Specter and Schlereth.

Let them keep on talking - as the saying goes, give them enough rope to hang themselves.

Re: Schlereth a complete Fraude and a Joke

Mark Schlereth probably has an IQ hovering around 30, let's cut him some slack. :D

i wouldn't quite put it that way, but i do agree that schlereth and many of his colleagues are in way over their heads when they try to "opine" on "off the field" issues that get complex and confrontational. remember, they were hired to talk about the game on the field because they played the game on the field at a decent level. they weren't hired to do "network news." when they start getting into other areas, they can embarrass themselves, as Schlereth has done.

Yeah, sorry, he most likely never read your email.
Gotta keep it short and to the point, and he might read it.

Try this:

It's not against the rules to chart signals or 'keep files on teams'.
Therefore, teams know enough to change signals.
No advantage.
However, your team cheated the salary cap that directly led to your being able to field the team that won Super Bowls.
Are you proud of your team for doing that?

Anybody is welcome to use this. I won't spend my time emailing all the douchebags.

If you actually read his entire response, you'd see that the last part was specifically addressed to me, and a half-hearted counter to my final argument.

Last edited:
If you actually read his entire response, you'd see that the last part was specifically addressed to me, and a half-hearted counter to my final argument.

All right, cool.
There's no turning back now for Schlereth.
He's over the edge along with Mortensen and all the rest over there at the network.
They'll twist everything around back at the Patriots, and ignore common sense and logic.
They'll continue to dish out lies and half-truths,
and block out any atempt of anyone to counter their false claims.
That's just the way it's going to be.
I won't even be able to watch their pre-game shows anymore because I'm afraifd I'll break my TV in a futile attempt to get at those ****s with the self righteous attitudes.

I find this part funny......

after bashing the pats he says you can go do the same to his Broncos if you want but do you really wanna do to them what others do to you. piece of stink.

I heard Schlereth on the radio a couple of days ago and he sounded a bit frazzled and unconfortable in a rather short interview as soon as the table was turned to what happened in Denver, and the hypocrisy of his answers. He was stammering about how "everybody does it" regarding cheating the salary cap but got flustered when the interviewer compared that same response to stealing signals. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and yes, Schlereth is a complete fraud and a joke.

I heard Schlereth on the radio a couple of days ago and he sounded a bit frazzled and unconfortable in a rather short interview as soon as the table was turned to what happened in Denver, and the hypocrisy of his answers. He was stammering about how "everybody does it" regarding cheating the salary cap but got flustered when the interviewer compared that same response to stealing signals. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and yes, Schlereth is a complete fraud and a joke.

That's part of Schlereth's standard defense for excusing what the Broncos did.

I just wish some interviewer would follow up on that response and say "Okay, Mark, if 'everyone' was cheating the salary cap, give us some examples."

I'm betting that he won't be able to.

I wish I could have heard that. I am so tired of that smug sanctimonious hypocrite pontificating from his ESPN pulpit. It is about time someone took him to task. If it could only happen more...

As I was reading this part of Schlereth's response;

Quote:

The thought came to mind...Is Schlereth saying that cheating 8 years is worse than cheating one year? I was alway told if you cheat at all, you're a cheater:cool:

As I was reading this part of Schlereth's response;

Quote:

The thought came to mind...Is Schlereth saying that cheating 8 years is worse than cheating one year? I was alway told if you cheat at all, you're a cheater:cool:

No he is telling you not to throw stones at his broncos because we have are in a glass house.....when that is exactly what he is doing on a much bigger stage.

That is awsome I wish I could of heard him get called out like that on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes