PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schelerth: "Welker was literally undressed on every play by the Ravens D"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Schelerth:"Welker was literally undressed on every play by the ravens D"

Who's Schelerth?

Mahk. He played for the Raiders in the 70s.

That's true. Damn shame he got hurt, he was well on pace to beat Marshall Faulk's yards from scrimmage record this year.

On pace?

I guess that means in a fantasy land pipe dream? On pace is a term you start using after a lot of the season has passed by and it is clear that said player will most likely achieve something. It is not a term you throw around after 3 or 4 weeks into the season. Lots of players are on pace to do lots of things in the first month of the season. Not so many at the end of the year...Let's talk about Ronnie's overall production in his career.

In reality, he is on pace to re-hab and nothing more. Ronnie Brown strung together a few good games now in his career. I don't think he is forcing Faulk out of the record book anytime soon.

He was hurt in a non-contact play, which is interesting.

The reason people deflect any 'critiques' of yours is that your opinion about Welker is fundamentally ******ed, and we get lots and lots and lots of people coming here each week to tell us something illogical. Like holding Welker on every single play is okay, and that is how teams should play him.

Just heard it. He literally didn't say literally.

Felger is sad. He used to be a good football talk alternative to WEEI. But now he has taken some broadcasting course that taught him to, above all else, be a contrarian. Maybe I gave him a pass because he wasn't Borges.

Talk about finding a way to distort facts. 3 or 4 weeks? Try through 7 weeks, pal.

Okay guy, I've seen Welker play a lot more then you have. Keep telling yourself that.

I have been watching Welker since he came into the league. He was my favorite player on your sad case for a team. Pretty funny when he took over kicking duties against us in one game.

As far as what week Ronnie went down, I don't care. It was a while ago, and Ronnie has been riding the bench ever since. And that is the thing that pinhead fanboys don't often understand about football, all that matters is what a player actually produces overall. Less than half a season does not a legend make.

Clarification on the Def Pass holding/illegal contact rules:

It was equally as illegal prior to the point of emphasis. BB instructed Pats mismatched DB’s to use the tactic frequently vs. the colts knowing that because it typically happens outside the hash marks and up field from the line of scrimmage (where most of the refs attention will be focused immediately following the snap), most refs are not going to be able to catch it and call it with any frequency unless it was overly blatant.

It was a fantastic equalizer for the colts talented Wideouts, and its not like past teams hadn’t used such strategies before, however, after one of the Pats Dbs inadvertently made a comment to Fox or Espn or someone about the strategy in a post game interview, Polian and the Colts front office made a big deal about it resulting in the refs being instructed to specifically look for it.

The fact remains that because it still is a hard penalty to conclusively catch at game speed, it still is a good strategy to use for teams willing to play a bit outside the rules, however, teams also cannot whine about it when called at a critical time in the game when refs are specifically focused on it.

Was on the felger show. Said the above and said the ravens had no reason to complain about offiiciating

glad someone saw it even if it was this guy

Hopefully, the league will make a note, and not allow this to happen to Gonzalez this week:D

Hopefully, the league will make a note, and not allow this to happen to Gonzalez this week:D

I wouldn't count on it. The Pats wideouts have been mauled the past two weeks without any calls, and it was even worse in Baltimore. If you guys are going into Baltimore - particularly considering the stink the sore loser Ravens made about the refs - I would anticipate your receivers getting manhandled and it not getting called.

Re: Schelerth:"Welker was literally undressed on every play by the ravens D"

I'm not sure he means "literally".... :eek:

Common usage error the past decade or so.

I hate it, but I'm slowly getting inured to it.

Get real and quit being so hypocritical, it was a rule then too, why in the heck would you need to put "emphasis" to call a foul? The difference is this time it's happening to your team and you don't like it so much.

It worked for you guys, so be quiet about it. Pats fans called Colts fans out for years for complaing about illegal contact, now Pats fans are doing the EXACT same thing when it happened to them.

Make all the excuses you want but you're doing the EXACT same thing you called us Colts fans out for.

I guess your reading comprehension isn't to good. Where did I complain or make excuses?

Yeah, hopefully the NFL forgot about putting "emphasis" on not calling that stuff and Sanders and CO. can do to the Pats what you guys did to us. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Blah blah blah. Ty Law still owns Peyton, so if you can prove he was physical to the point of it should've been PI or holding, prove it. I still think its just Polian jibber jabber BS.

Was on the felger show. Said the above and said the ravens had no reason to complain about offiiciating

glad someone saw it even if it was this guy

Its kinda funny hearing Patriots fans complain about penalties on other teams, when I think the Pats are one of the least Penalized teams in the league. Its like you guys complain if you don't score over a 30 point spread on a team. 13 penalties wasn't enough for a team you just beat?

I guess your reading comprehension isn't to good. Where did I complain or make excuses?[/QUOT

You're acting like there is a difference between what the Pats did and what the Ravens did. There isn't. And you said the Pats just need to know how the refs are going to call the game. Come on. Quit being so snarky and hypocritical.

WTF, is english your second language? What part of what I wrote didn't you understand? There is a difference in PI, Holding, and Illegal contact from the 2004 AFCCG and Today and it's because the Colts complained to the NFL. COMPREND?

Its kinda funny hearing Patriots fans complain about penalties on other teams, when I think the Pats are one of the least Penalized teams in the league. Its like you guys complain if you don't score over a 30 point spread on a team. 13 penalties wasn't enough for a team you just beat?

If there are 30 real penalties and only 13 get called, was the game called fairly? Did the refs do a good job? Should who wins the game have any impact on the answers to these questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes